Player Watch #6 Robbie Tarrant - Retiring effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

not to tear him down but i'm honestly not sure if coming 2nd in our 1-4 year players is that impressive once you looked at the names he's up against!

1639887397759.png
+ baker + pickett + parker
(im assuming that 1-4 year players would include the 2017 draft who have played 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021 otherwise that counts baker out)

obviously im not being too serious, good on the big fella hopefully he can get a couple of games under his belt next year. he'd need to be playing alongside balta and tarrant though because the kid is a bit lightly framed

I'm getting that good 'vibe' and 'feelin' that Robbie Tarrant is going to have a good year in 22.
hawkgettinawalk.jpg

Happy to give him another go against the Hawks, but he would want to play a lot better. Should not be a round 1 lock just because he's a recruit and experienced. He was bad today.

If he plays bad again next week, it should be Grimes, Balta, Miller as the KPDs and Tarrant can earn his spot through the VFL.

He will be fine.
Geelong are one of the few teams that have three genuine tall forwards to cover and they have played together for years.

Gibcus and Miller paired with Tarrant against quality players in Hawkins and Cameron, alongside Esava and this stretched us.

In round one I’d expect Tarrant to take McKay, Grimes to take Curnow, Vlastuin to take Silvagni and Broad to intercept. Grimes back will make a world of difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’ll be fine. Very important to team up with Grimes and allows vlastuin and Broad to play off the 3rd-4th tall.

He is coming into a very solid backline and will need to find his feet in that unit.

I’m not worried at all. The guys a fitness beast and will get better as he gets more game time.

Dont need him to give him a bath but just keep him to 3 goals or less
Too many on here writing off a champion after two scratch matches in a new set up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back