Toast Robbie Williams - Best pre-match entertainment ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Robbie is one of the greatest showmen.

Brilliant opening. Heartfelt tributes.

Rocked the roof off rhe stadium.

I said it as soon as he finished. That performance will be better than the game to follow.

Unfortunately I was right.

My opinion was he was a terrible choice... 15 years out of date...

But there yesterday... to be honest he did a great job. Turned out to be a very good choice. Well done. He fitted the event, the AFL nailed it and he delivered.

Did anybody notice the verse they left out of Kids? I'm blaming that on the AFL thought police.

You've got a reputation
Well I guess that can be explored
You're dancing with the chairman of the board
Take a ride on my 12-cylinder symphony / But if you got other plans...
The purpose of a woman is to love her man

Very average.
I seriousiy don't get the Robbie love in Australia.
He's huge here and not in most other places.
Its a very peculiar Australian thing.
Robbie and Pink would break brains in Australia.

Best ever. If it was at night with lighting on the roof of the G and fireworks would of been the highest rating show in the history of Australian television.

Not sure how the AFL will be able to top Robbie Williams now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am far from being a Robbie fan, but his performance was outstanding in the pre-game lead-up, half time is a waste of time. The AFL should put all their eggs in the pre-game basket and leave halftime alone, just have the sprint and acknowledge some of the retirees and Brownlow winner etc. There is simply not enough time to put a halftime show together, we saw the very best of entertainment and the very worst on the same day. The Grand Final pre-game entertainment is important, but once the game has started i think fans are in full on footy mode and want something footy related for the entire 20 minutes. Not sure what the AFL were trying to do at Halftime?

I prefer my GF entertainment to be laughably bad. You can't say Angry Anderson and Meatloaf weren't entertaining. In a trainwreck sort of way. That's exactly what I hope for every year, so this year was a bit disappointing with its competence.

My opinion was he was a terrible choice... 15 years out of date...

But there yesterday... to be honest he did a great job. Turned out to be a very good choice. Well done. He fitted the event, the AFL nailed it and he delivered.

Did anybody notice the verse they left out of Kids? I'm blaming that on the AFL thought police.

You've got a reputation
Well I guess that can be explored
You're dancing with the chairman of the board
Take a ride on my 12-cylinder symphony / But if you got other plans...
The purpose of a woman is to love her man
hmm maybe - though I think all of the songs were shortened to keep the set tight

who do you want instead?

Tame Impala? The Weeknd? Drake? Arctic Monkeys? Dua Lipa?

Robbie Williams might’ve been an exciting booking during the Brisbane threepeat era - but jesus, would it really hurt to celebrate 2022 with an act relevant to 2022?

It just makes our game look second rate when we are constantly booking yesterday’s has-beens…

He seriously considered pulling out after his beloved Magpies got shafted by the maggots, he had to really pull himself together and soldier on but he wasn’t a happy camper, he said after the performance that the one saving grace was QEII didn’t have to witness the Collingwood prelim, teary eyed and struggling to hide his emotions he said she would’ve been livid!! Also said Prince Andrew was a Carlton fan.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back