Robbo and his insensitive tweet, or "Poor choice of words"

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
I'd be all for his employer's reviewing his employment based on the merits of what he does as a professional journalists, but I fear people would be in a rude shock about that, his employer would care more about clicks and ratings than the quality of what he produces.

What happens when players and clubs start to blacklist him after the next inevitable 'poor choice of words'? Wouldn't be the first time Collingwood's gone down that path with him.

Ultimately, the clubs are going to realise that they make him and they can break him. He is completely reliant on his access to them, because no-one reads/listens to him for his astute analysis.

PieNSauce

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 22, 2007
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
are jealous!
What happens when players and clubs start to blacklist him after the next inevitable 'poor choice of words'? Wouldn't be the first time Collingwood's gone down that path with him.

Ultimately, the clubs are going to realise that they make him and they can break him. He is completely reliant on his access to them, because no-one reads/listens to him for his astute analysis.
Really? I've been listening for it for years. I'm sure it will come eventually! :p

Is it not the fans whose demands to know what's wrong with players health/private lives that drives this kind of reporting and pressure on clubs to provide it?

I'm not cynical of Alex issue, just don't see why we need to know about it.

So you're happy to know he has a back problem, but not a mental health issue? You are stigmatising it by treating it differently. Clubs for the most part will list injuries as is.

And as for "mysterious" injuries linked to drugs - Beams ring a bell? Benell?

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He apologised for what he said, and looked pretty remorseful last night.

It makes me wonder how many people are not accepting his apology and public remorse because they do not like him?

He made a mistake, has tried to rectify it, move on people, move on.

The guy is a crap journo, revolting on TV how this idiot has the medi profile he does is staggering.

He clearly lives in a parallel universe somewhere in the 1980's, raving rambling lunatic cannot understand a word he is saying half the time.

As fir the tweet is anyone surprised, thinks he is a law unto himself

He is a deadset bully

Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I saw this guy on youtube once, and he was talking about Essendon. And all he seemed to do to was make excuses for Hird. And his general contribution to the show was woeful as well I thought.

Not a big fan of the other guy either (Gerard?).

If I had Foxtel, I would vote with my remote and just not watch the show.

It makes me wonder how many people are not accepting his apology and public remorse because they do not like him?

He looked upset but I don't think he gets it which is why I think he ended up saying the s**t he did to begin with

I think he's trying to come across that he's learnt but my gut feel is he'll eventually make another gaff on the same topic because he just doesn't understand or get it

PieNSauce

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 22, 2007
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
are jealous!

Sorry mate but I think you're possibly giving a serial offender waaaay too much credit. Do you really believe that a man who has zero comprehension of what he did can apologise with remorse. The apology was commercially and politically expedient. Nothing more, nothing less.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sorry mate but I think you're possibly giving a serial offender waaaay too much credit. Do you really believe that a man who has zero comprehension of what he did can apologise with remorse. The apology was commercially and politically expedient. Nothing more, nothing less.

The question remains, why would an experienced 'professional' & high profile media person even think of saying such a thing?.

Sorry, no excuse. He can shove his apology.

Maybe if he behaves like the community would expect of a person in his position for 12 months or so, it may be accepted.

Certainly not right now.

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
The question remains, why would an experienced 'professional' & high profile media person even think of saying such a thing?.

Sorry, no excuse. He can shove his apology.

Maybe if he behaves like the community would expect of a person in his position for 12 months or so, it may be accepted.

Certainly not right now.
The answer is obvious but not worth the ban on BF

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.

Agree, wasn't the first time, won't be the last

Just makes your comment even more pathetic. You clearly lack understanding on what you go through

No, Im not going to hang a bloke for a stupid mistake because i know i have made mistakes and you learn from them.

You have never said anything you regret or are ill informed about? Or are you perfect?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Brad Goodman

His name isn't important
Oct 7, 2002
AFL Club
Collingwood

He's remorseful every time, I'm sure. Let's see if he can go three months without a similarly cringeworthy gaffe.

gaelictiogar

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2006
east melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I hope the poor guy isn't following this thread

A lot of halo polishing and rubbishing him because he spat out a silly tweet for which he has apologised in an attempt to get the gestapo off his back.

You lot might drive the poor old thing to depression......bet you couldn't live with yourselves..

Get over it.

I'm definitely one of those.

The guy is a bogan deadshit, masquearading as a great football writer and commentator.

Hopefully he follows up with something equally stupid on his twitter and his media connections have no choice but to sack him.

No, Im not going to hang a bloke for a stupid mistake because i know i have made mistakes and you learn from them.

You have never said anything you regret or are ill informed about? Or are you perfect?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
That 2nd last sentence is the part I disagree with. Hes not ill informed. Hes written pieces on it before and spoke ad nauseum about it

You're response was to come in here and have a crack at political correctness on an issue that's not related to political correctness. Why do you think the two are related?

Back