Robbo and his insensitive tweet, or "Poor choice of words"

Remove this Banner Ad

Barrett in his "sliding doors" article has a crack at Robbo.

One clown going after another! (but he is spot on in this instance)

If
you choose to remain uneducated about mental health and continually seek to use mental health as a source of your self-proclaimed, hard-hitting opinions ...
then
you're scarily dangerous. Weak apologies make it even worse for everyone involved. As Taylor Adams emotionally articulated on Wednesday night about Alex Fasolo, he'll be there for him as a mate, and let the mental health professionals do their job.

I was at work 2 days after a suicide attempt because I couldn't afford to get fired. Sometimes you just find a way to push yourself through despite every inch of you wanting it to run away. Fasolo is doing great by getting out of bed and going for a run with his mates despite what is going on in his head and he should be proud of it.

So Robbo **** you apology not accepted you ignorant old moron.
I was straight back to work next day after my cancer diagnosis and treatment. Nothing to do with toughness or stoicism. More to do with avoiding moping around with nothing to do surrounded by people with best intentions feeling sorry for you. I knew that would have thrown me into depression. When pressed you often do what you have to do and people can find their own way.

Barrett in his "sliding doors" article has a crack at Robbo.

One clown going after another! (but he is spot on in this instance)

If
you choose to remain uneducated about mental health and continually seek to use mental health as a source of your self-proclaimed, hard-hitting opinions ...
then
you're scarily dangerous. Weak apologies make it even worse for everyone involved. As Taylor Adams emotionally articulated on Wednesday night about Alex Fasolo, he'll be there for him as a mate, and let the mental health professionals do their job.

Barrett going after an easy kill, colour me shocked!!!

I was straight back to work next day after my cancer diagnosis and treatment. Nothing to do with toughness or stoicism. More to do with avoiding moping around with nothing to do surrounded by people with best intentions feeling sorry for you. I knew that would have thrown me into depression. When pressed you often do what you have to do and people can find their own way.

Its what our grandparents called "getting on with it" and is very effective.

Keep buggering on ( KBO) as Churchill had it.

He apologised for what he said, and looked pretty remorseful last night.

It makes me wonder how many people are not accepting his apology and public remorse because they do not like him?

He made a mistake, has tried to rectify it, move on people, move on.

This is the same bloke who demanded Frawley and Mcguire be fired from MMM fox and Collingwood for remarks about Caroline Wilson last year and he went about it for days. Now he can just tweet an apology and say he made a mistake? What a ******* hypocrite

I'm not a supporter of digital lynch mobs either, but surely you realize those calling for his sacking are doing so based off multiple incidents, years of biased and shoddy journalism etc. Things don't happen in a vacuum. If it was someone like Gerard who posted the tweet the reaction would have been far more moderate without a doubt. FWIW I don't think he should lose his livelyhood over something like this, as idiotic and poorly timed as it was. But I do think he should have lost it a long time ago due to generally being very poor at what he does. But hey, whether or not a stranger called Mark Robinson has a job or not is so low on my priorities that I really couldn't care less.
He does work for the HS so he is right at home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This depression thing is getting a bit ridiculous. Everyone has moments where they have highs and lows, technically everyone has stages of being depressed.

I can't chuck a sicky because I'm feeling down every now and then, why can elite sportsmen? Does he have a medical history of manic episodes? If he suffers from manic depression or bi-polar that is a different story as that is a serious mental health issue, but doing a classic Gary Lyon is pulling the piss for true sufferers. IDC how PC you want to be, if your stating your mental health problems to the general public there better well be a history of sickness.

This depression thing is getting a bit ridiculous. Everyone has moments where they have highs and lows, technically everyone has stages of being depressed.

I can't chuck a sicky because I'm feeling down every now and then, why can elite sportsmen? Does he have a medical history of manic episodes? If he suffers from manic depression or bi-polar that is a different story as that is a serious mental health issue, but doing a classic Gary Lyon is pulling the piss for true sufferers. IDC how PC you want to be, if your stating your mental health problems to the general public there better well be a history of sickness.
Who are you to decide whether a mental health issue is serious or not?

Who are you to decide whether a mental health issue is serious or not?
I'm just suggesting there is room for people to cheat the system here
Fasolo: I feel like s**t I can't work this week.
Work: Why?
Fasolo: Dunno I think I'm depressed.
Work: Ok, get a doctors note.

If he's depressed that's fair enough and the club has signed off on that so I'd assume that is due to a medical assessment, I'm just pointing out that the sensitivity of the subject of depression leaves room for people to take advantage of it.

Why can we all hammer Lyon for being a home wrecker which led to his depression but can't question any current player who may/may not be taking advantage of the very PC climate at the moment regarding this subject.

I'm just suggesting there is room for people to cheat the system here
Fasolo: I feel like s**t I can't work this week.
Work: Why?
Fasolo: Dunno I think I'm depressed.
Work: Ok, get a doctors note.

If he's depressed that's fair enough and the club has signed off on that so I'd assume that is due to a medical assessment, I'm just pointing out that the sensitivity of the subject of depression leaves room for people to take advantage of it.

Why can we all hammer Lyon for being a home wrecker which led to his depression but can't question any current player who may/may not be taking advantage of the very PC climate at the moment regarding this subject.
come on mate, you really reckon people are just deciding to be depressed and getting off training. Come on that's low

There is a difference between feeling a little down, and being clinically depressed. You obviously have never dealt with it yourself, or had someone close to you go through it. If you had, you wouldn't make an ignorant post such as this.

i have anxiety and depression. One of the best things i was advised to do was exercise. Robbo clearly is an ignorant ******* that shouldnt be allowed to comment on any issue off the footy field.

It's certainly no fun dealing with anxiety & depression and one could have called Robinson ignorant, well before yesterday, but taking yourself out of the equation, Robinson still inadvertently opened up us discussing these insidious diseases for somewhat longer than we may have been doing otherwise.

His action was clearly 'wrong' but we can 'right' that action by not simply discussing Robinson but the real issue at hand.
For all their faults, at least SEN has being doing that for the past 24 hours and the more we all learn the signals for ourselves and look out for the signals on others, the better we'll all be.

There is a difference between feeling a little down, and being clinically depressed. You obviously have never dealt with it yourself, or had someone close to you go through it. If you had, you wouldn't make an ignorant post such as this.

Well here's the opportunity for you... Teach him/her. Show them where to look and how to look.

come on mate, you really reckon people are just deciding to be depressed and getting off training. Come on that's low
People are low mate, thinking it's a possibility makes me cynical but hardly unrealistic. When have people ever not taken advantage of out of balance views in society.

Your assuming mate, my cousin has been diagnosed with bi-polar since he was 17 and it is a constant battle. That's why I have more questions for people who throw the depression card around so lightly, so true sufferers like my cousin aren't lumped into the same category as footballers who have zero history of mental illness. You don't see me questioning people like Jonathan Hay with an established history of mental illness.

Your assuming mate, my cousin has been diagnosed with bi-polar since he was 17 and it is a constant battle. That's why I have more questions for people who throw the depression card around so lightly, so true sufferers like my cousin aren't lumped into the same category as footballers who have zero history of mental illness. You don't see me questioning people like Jonathan Hay with an established history of mental illness.
Yeah rightio.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back