Robbo and his insensitive tweet, or "Poor choice of words"

Concussions and repeated heavy collisions have been linked to s increased likelihood of depression. There's probably a hell of a lot of ex players and current players who suffer in silence for fear of clowns like this fat drunkard making idiotic tweets like this.

Aside from the words that are/perceived as hurtful, its really shown how and who are on whos side in this debate. on MMM, BT went hard at robbo, stating that robbo's a wordsmith (lol) and knows the power of words. Added why there's been no punishment other than an apology on twitter, a bit in the HS. Furthermore, played the hypothetical angle, if it was he, carey, jb or damo their heads would roll. Carey, JB, purple also supported BTs POV. Let's analyse the teams at the time BT made his rant.

Triple M (anti robbo)
JB (ex ch 9)
BT (7)
Carey (7)
purple (9)

SEN (pro robbo)
derm (fox)
huddo (fox)
wallace

Clear battle lines. SENites are generally on Fox, and no affiliation to 9 or 7

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Aside from the words that are/perceived as hurtful, its really shown how and who are on whos side in this debate. on MMM, BT went hard at robbo, stating that robbo's a wordsmith (lol) and knows the power of words. Added why there's been no punishment other than an apology on twitter, a bit in the HS. Furthermore, played the hypothetical angle, if it was he, carey, jb or damo their heads would roll. Carey, JB, purple also supported BTs POV. Let's analyse the teams at the time BT made his rant.

Triple M (anti robbo)
JB (ex ch 9)
BT (7)
Carey (7)
purple (9)

SEN (pro robbo)
derm (fox)
huddo (fox)
wallace

How do you explain Hutchy, Pickers and Turf all queuing up to clout Ribbo on SEN immediately prior to Robbos segment today? Also Huddo whacked Robbo earlier on this week.

Moody Blue

Premiership Player
May 21, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
How do you explain Hutchy, Pickers and Turf all queuing up to clout Ribbo on SEN immediately prior to Robbos segment today? Also Huddo whacked Robbo earlier on this week.

What is too explain? He reaps what he sows. This is the moron who spent three years being Hird's cheerleader and refused to accept that Hird had done anything wrong. What drugs did they use at Essendon?

did they preface their whacks with "he's a good man, a great man, does charity"

Aug 27, 2007
brisbane
AFL Club
Essendon

Triple M (anti robbo)
JB (ex ch 9)
BT (7)
Carey (7)
purple (9)

SEN (pro robbo)
derm (fox)
huddo (fox)
wallace

Triple m didn't sack spud for the Caro thing last year. If triple m were the high moral champs. They wouldn't have hired Carey

The Filth

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2009
Essendon
AFL Club
Collingwood
The worst thing about this whole incident is the ongoing attention on Fasolo. It can't be helping him.

Because of the insensitive and stupid comment by an incompetent yobbo so-called journalist the media have remained in feeding frenzy.
The brave announcement by Fasolo and the press release by Collingwood was intended to briefly state openly his condition and attempt to let him recover in private. The announcement should have been a mere blip in the news cycle.
Instead, as a result of a twit using Twitter, how many articles have now appeared in the rag that is the Herald Sun now regarding Fasolo, yobbo, apologies etc etc?
How much airtime has been given on TV, radio and social media regarding this matter?
It has been endless.

So much for giving a brief statement and giving Fasolo privacy and space to heal.

As for slobbo yobbo Robbo, I don't give a flying f*ck for him or his opinions. The bloke has form, is inarticulate and an embarrassment.
With such poor judgement and journalistic skills he should not be given a prominent place in the media.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2007
Counting premiership cups
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Non that play Essendon
Robbo apologized. I don't think that is good enough.

If a footballer had sent the tweet, Robbo and his ilk would be condemning them, and the footballer would be portrayed as worse than Hitler.

So how come, when it is one of their own, no person in the media hasn't gone to town on Robbo?

I would have thought that Robbo's enemies, like Caro and Damo, who got personal about his support of Essendon players, would have a field day condemning him.

This is the third time, that I know of, where Robbo has questioned someone suffering depression.

Last time it was Garry Lyon last year, where he questioned his depression.

Before that, he ran with a rumor that Buddy Franklin's depression, that it was brought on by the end of his relationship, as Jesinta Campbell had caught him in bed with another woman. This is evidenced by Jesinta carrying a TV out of their house, and putting it in her car, and that it means that she is moving her things out.However, later on, Jesinta was on the radio, saying that their relationship was rock solid, that she would support him all the way, and refuting the "break-up" rumors. She carried the TV to the car because her and Buddy got a new TV, and she was giving their old one to her parents. I think the fact they got married also put paid to that rumor.

Robbo shouldn't have run with things that aren't true.

I think the H-S need to act here. He needs to, at best, be stripped of his standing as Chief Football writer at the Hun. I hope advertisers threaten to pull out if Robbo is not disciplined.

Robbo is very good at going on 360 and making out that he cares and is all compassionate about player welfare and social issues yet his actions betray an at times disregard for players welfare, his act is starting to wear thin and increasingly looks insincere, we saw this with the 34 Essendon players, there he was on 360 acting all concerned yet his paper that he is the chief football writer goes out and releases their names then he goes on 360 claiming to have not known about it, the guy has a cred issue.

Dec 18, 2007
Counting premiership cups
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Non that play Essendon
Lately Fox Footy has been brainstorming ways to improve his credibility. One of their strategies is to associate him with 'legends of the game', hence, we've seen him crash the set of that other program, what's it called, the one where Roos, Brereton, Lynch & Johnson sit around and talk crap? I forget the name of it. Anyway, he 'accidentally on purpose' walks on to their set and pretends to be buddies with them. If Fox have to go to such lengths, it makes me wonder if his days are numbered. Then again, people are still following him on twitter.... And to those people I have a message:

I wouldn't take too much notice of twitter follower numbers, I follow people that I don't necessarily agree with, a good example is Damien Barrett, I think he is a frog but I follow his tweets because he is a part of the AFL media.

PieNSauce

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 22, 2007
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
are jealous!

Triple M (anti robbo)
JB (ex ch 9)
BT (7)
Carey (7)
purple (9)

SEN (pro robbo)
derm (fox)
huddo (fox)
wallace

Not terribly surprising that news.com.au has today gone with a story about the spat and gone one better by quoting details of what it describes as "Trainwreck interviews". (Brian Taylor, Damien Barrett and Mark Robinson in footy media feud) It does have the distinct aroma of News Ltd (read: Robbo) trying to have a whack back but failing to land a blow. Who cares that BT has had some awkward interviews? We all know that but it hardly rates on a level anywhere near the idiocy of Robbo. Let's hope the issue continues to focus the blowtorch on the Slob.

Triple M (anti robbo)
JB (ex ch 9)
BT (7)
Carey (7)
purple (9)

SEN (pro robbo)
derm (fox)
huddo (fox)
wallace

Brian "He's a big NTTAWWTter" Taylor hasn't got a lot of ground to stand on.

Furthermore, played the hypothetical angle, if it was he, carey, jb or damo their heads would roll..

Hate this s**t. World's smallest violin playing for AFL commentators. Every single one of them would be absolutely fine.

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Has he explained what he was trying to achieve with the original tweet? That's what I'd like to understand. Without an explanation, he should really not waste his breath with an apology, as far as I'm concerned.

I think Robbo has created a bit of a rod for his own back. He's carved a niche for himself with his 'stuff all this hifalutin mumbo jumbo; just get the friggin' ball and go whooshka' shtick, so he plays the wilfully ignorant role in the media. But when he does this loose cannon stuff with his social media profile, when he can't be filtered until the horse has bolted, he becomes a complete embarrassment.

Thought it was pointless and pretty self serving his follow up 'apology' on Saturday arvo, which he immediately made it about himself, where the apology was precluded by "Not sure how many times I'll have to apologise", followed by "People want me sacked"

Robbo, it's not about you, while you may feel the response has been unjust, you made a massive error in judgment, cop the critisism and ignore what you may feel is over the top and show a bit more contrition.

Bluez Rule

All Australian
Nov 8, 2011
Farnarcklia
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Renegades, DJR Penske, Trent Rckts
not a fan of Robbo at all but I will give him points for what he said on SEN where he made his apology on Thurs (?) night- along the lines of "I'm not going to say 'apologies if I offended anyone I'm sorry' because I did offend people and that's not good enough. I have hurt people and I need to be better. I have learnt a lot today and need to learn more."...
I know there's a lot of other 'noise' around the issue and fair enough but at least the bloke had the guts to own his mistake and not try to dilute an apology.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
I got home late today, so I'm only watching 360 now.

Robbo talks about the apologies that he's made... but goes onto say that he'll be writing a letter to Fasolo tonight.

Why the * did that take 5 days?

He does seem genuinely contrite - but to me it doesn't change the fact that 1) he is paid to be a writer, there has to be a greater consideration of his words, and 2) that he wouldn't go as lightly if it were someone like Eddie McGuire or James Brayshaw (when he was Pres) if they'd said something so foolish, offensive and insensitive.

Pacman Carney

All Australian
Aug 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I got home late today, so I'm only watching 360 now.

Robbo talks about the apologies that he's made... but goes onto say that he'll be writing a letter to Fasolo tonight.

Why the **** did that take 5 days?

He does seem genuinely contrite - but to me it doesn't change the fact that 1) he is paid to be a writer, there has to be a greater consideration of his words, and 2) that he wouldn't go as lightly if it were someone like Eddie McGuire or James Brayshaw (when he was Pres) if they'd said something so foolish, offensive and insensitive.

The whole writing the letter tonight thing is bizarre .
It's almost like he kept that very last act for Tonight's show.

Slats

All Australian
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Collingwood’s Fasolo announced last week that he was taking a break from the game as he battled depression but would remain involved with the club.

Just two days later Robinson the chief AFL writer for the Herald Sun, posted an image of Fasolo at training with the words, “Good drugs — clinical depression on Tuesday, training Thursday.”

The insensitivity of the tweet led to condemnation and Robinson deleted the tweet and apologised, with the Herald Sun making formal apologies to Collingwood and Fasolo.

But many felt the issue was brushed under the rug too quickly.

Dangerfield, appearing on Channel 7’s Talking Footy intimated as much.

“I was really disappointed in that tweet, especially given Mark really has been the judge, jury and executioner of footballers that make mistakes,” Dangerfield said.

“That’s then played out throughout all media circles, obviously writes for the paper (the Herald Sun), he’s on 360 five nights a week, and then they’re really ripped over the hot coals.

“To be put on the back burner the way it was… I’ve had quite a few players call me from numerous clubs voicing their displeasure in it, and how disappointed they were,” he said.

“There’s a fair bit of angst amongst the players because I think he’s pretty misinformed with that sort of tweet.”

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/afl/a/3...s-mark-robinson-over-alex-fasolo-tweet/#page1

hoddo22

Club Legend
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills

Shane Hird

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan The Cult of Robbo Essendon Player Sponsor 2016
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
NYJ
So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

Insensitive comments.

We all do it and we all know it as a fact of life.

Right then! Who wants a beer?

Back