Robbo and his insensitive tweet, or "Poor choice of words"

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I think it was BT who said this on the radio. Robbo wrote a letter of apology to Faz. Part of the smoothing over in the letter was Robbo suggesting that they do a big article in the Hun, and Faz or someone at the club may have told Robbo to ship off

Jun 12, 2017
Ballarat
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Renegades and socceroos
I think it was BT who said this on the radio. Robbo wrote a letter of apology to Faz. Part of the smoothing over in the letter was Robbo suggesting that they do a big article in the Hun, and Faz or someone at the club may have told Robbo to ship off
I did see Robbo apologise on AFL360. It wasn't that thorough. It was a bit half arsed to be honest with you.

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Yep Robbo the grub apologised and in the same letter asked for them to do an interview.

What an absolute grub.

Private Hudson

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Apparently Robbo was told by Eddie McGuire that the medical opinion given to him was was that Mark should not contact Fasolo at all.

https://www.triplem.com.au/shows/th...cal-recommendations-by-contacting-alex-fasolo

I gave Robbo the benefit of the doubt before but for him to double down and try and score an article out of his own mistake is either disgracefully stupid or disgracefully selfish.

Seriously how does a bloke this dumb hold the position that he does? Across all 3 media platforms. It beggars belief. Firstly he's a print journalist and to me above all else a journalist at the very least should be a good writer, which he simply isnt. He's on radio, surely a radio performer should be able to string a sentence together without slurring or mumbling? He can't. He's on tv, surely he should at least look presentable? Have a shave, wear a better fitting suit. He doesn't. On top of all this he is clearly inebriated on a lot of occasions he's on air. A couple of mondays ago on SEN afternoons was as bad as I've heard him. If he hadn't been drinking that morning I'd be shocked, so much so that I emailed SEN questioning this.

Now I could possibly understand all
this if he was an ex footballer because to be fair that gives you a much bigger pass for everything. I might not like a lot of the ex footballers in the media but I get why they have gigs as most were champion players. But Robbo has none of that and surely it can't be purely down to the (he represents the average supporter out there. ) I don't buy that, not anymore.

On top of all this he's a sulk, he nearly tears up when he doesn't get respected by coaches / players and blocks people on twitter after the slightest critisism.

But he keeps getting employment, now after this Fasolo incident he cops a fair whack from his terrible tweet but to be fair nothing too dramatic and you could see that deep down he felt he was the victim by the end of it and after everything he tries to scunge an interview from it after he's specifically told not to.

What does this go have over his employers? I don't get it, how does he have such high profile media gigs? Please someone tell me I'm not crazy. Please.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Seriously how does a bloke this dumb hold the position that he does? Across all 3 media platforms. It beggars belief. Firstly he's a print journalist and to me above all else a journalist at the very least should be a good writer, which he simply isnt.
I know!! It's like we're in Bizarro World. He's not a fledgling Jimmy Olsen type, he's the farkin head football journalist for the country's biggest selling paper. I shake my head in disbelief each time I think about it.

I've said this many times, but he must be a good networker, and some of those blokes must like working with him, because he pumps them up. If I had a buck for every time he's told Dermy how tough and good he was, I'd have 78 dollars and 29 cents.

Back