News Robbo top 50 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 7, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
#1 Dustin Martin
" Best game-breaker in the AFL and joins Gary Ablett, Lance Franklin and Chris Judd as the players of the century"

No.1 rated mid/forward and the fourth highest rated player of the season.

#9 Dion Prestia
"Big game performer, it's as simple as that. Oh, and the B & F winner in the premiership team."

Ranked fifth for disposals, fourth for contested possessions and second for clearances

#18 Tom Lynch
"Got better and better and by the end of the season was the powerhouse forward in the game."

Ranked third for goals per game and no. 1 for marks inside 50 per game.

#20 Dylan Grimes
" Held together a backline after General Rance went down and became arguably the best defender of the season."

Rated as an above average key defender, above average for intercept possessions.

#24 Bachar Houli
"Another big game player and you never know, one day they might tag him on a back flank."

Ranked third of all defenders for disposals and fifth for metres gained.

#26 Shane Edwards
" One moment you see him and the next he has the ball and is gone. He is the quiet achiever in all positions."

No.1 rated general defender, elite for contested disposals.

#41 Nick Vlastuin
"Had him in my AA team so of course he's going to get a gig here."

The fourth highest rated general defender taking the fifth most intercept marks.

1. Dustin Martin
  2. Nat Fyfe
  3. Patrick Dangerfield
  4. Patrick Cripps
  5. Marcus Bontempelli
  6. Brodie Grundy
  7. Tim Kelly
  8. Lachie Neale
  9. Dion Prestia
  10. Max Gawn
  11. Lachie Whitfield
  12. Jack Macrae
  13. Elliot Yeo
  14. Dayne Zorko
  15. Scott Pendlebury
  16. Charlie Cameron
  17. Jeremy Cameron
  18. Tom Lynch
  19. Luke Shuey
  20. Dylan Grimes
  21. Michael Walters
  22. Nick Haynes
  23. Tom Hawkins
  24. Bachar Houli
  25. Josh Dunkley
  26. Shane Edwards
  27. Jack Darling
  28. Jeremy McGovern
  29. Travis Boak
  30. Tim Taranto
  31. Shaun Higgins
  32. Gary Ablett
  33. Adam Treloar
  34. Todd Goldstein
  35. Shannon Hurn
  36. Ben Brown
  37. Tom Stewart
  38. Ben Cunnington
  39. Harris Andrews
  40. Zac Williams
  41. Nick Vlastuin
  42. Brad Crouch
  43. Brad Hill
  44. Hugh McCluggage
  45. Dane Rampe
  46. Phil Davis
  47. Rowan Marshall
  48. Andrew Gaff
  49. Clayton Oliver
  50. Zach Merrett

Last edited:

poppa pump

All Australian
Jun 15, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Maybe the greatest ever Tiger.
IMG_20191016_082338.jpg

Mar 7, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Grimes should be top 10. :mad:

That's a fair point.

Alex Rance has been rated well inside top 10 and if you consider that Dylan was arguably every bit as good as Alex this season then you have to ask why isn't the premier defender in the competition in this year top 10??

Granted Rance has done it over many seasons and that can sometimes skew the ratings but if we isolate the 2019 season then yes, he should be top 10. We wouldn't have won the premiership without Dylan's season.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
That's a fair point.

Alex Rance has been rated well inside top 10 and if you consider that Dylan was arguably every bit as good as Alex this season then you have to ask why isn't the premier defender in the competition in this year top 10??

Granted Rance has done it over many seasons and that can sometimes skew the ratings but if we isolate the 2019 season then yes, he should be top 10. We wouldn't have won the premiership without Dylan's season.
Not sure of the stats and it maybe to hard to findout.But i'd be surprised if he had 10 goals kicked on him in total.
To me thats akin to a mid averaging 30+ possies per game for the year.

This Is Anfield

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Podcaster
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, England, Furies
Grimes should be top 10. :mad:
That's a fair point.

All true but it's a bit of throw the darts with about 20 players.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Apart from Jack not being in it , seriously how do you leave out a forward that kicked 5 in the GF and vlas is too low at 41 . When will dikwads out there realise our defence is very good coz our defenders are very very *en good.
Ffs try holding a side to 3G their lowest score in history in a GF with 6 blonks in your defence. Think about it

Funky Chicken

Colourful Racing Identity
Apr 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Don't be stupid
Apart from Jack not being in it , seriously how do you leave out a forward that kicked 5 in the GF and vlas is too low at 41 . When will dikwads out there realise our defence is very good coz our defenders are very very fu**en good.
Ffs try holding a side to 3G their lowest score in history in a GF with 6 blonks in your defence. Think about it

In defence of Slobbo (man I feel dirty) regarding Jack the rankings are taking into account of the performances of this year only, not their career to date.

Agree with Vlas being too low though.

Mar 7, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Apart from Jack not being in it , seriously how do you leave out a forward that kicked 5 in the GF and vlas is too low at 41 . When will dikwads out there realise our defence is very good coz our defenders are very very fu**en good.

You would think if Floss was in Robbo's AA team then you would expect higher than 41.

Jack played 13 games and his season, GF aside, while peppered with some good moments wasn't great due to injury.

Jan 13, 2005
The Hospital
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Golden State, Daniel Rioli

Robbo did say injury was why he didn’t pick him. And that’s fair enough IMO.

Curious where was McGovern ranked? Or more precisely was Grimes the top ranked KPD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 7, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
All true but it's a bit of throw the darts with about 20 players.

Fair enough.

I guess it comes back down to looking at the top ten and then working out who Dylan would replace.

Top 9 are hard to argue but I could mount a case that Dylan had a better season for his team than Max Gawn. That's not to say that I think Grimes is a better player than Gawn but I think he has had a better season which influenced the performance of the team more than big Max did for Melbourne.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
You would think if Floss was in Robbo's AA team then you would expect higher than 41.

Jack played 13 games and his season, GF aside, while peppered with some good moments wasn't great due to injury.
Yes however top50 has Historically been less about formline and more about Caliber Or horsepower, call it what you will

Mar 7, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Yes however top50 has Historically been less about formline and more about Caliber Or horsepower, call it what you will

Not sure I agree, think the preseason top 50 is less about form and more about potential and end of season top 50 is definitely more about form.

#1 Dustin Martin
" Best game-breaker in the AFL and joins Gary Ablett, Lance Franklin and Chris Judd as the players of the century"

No.1 rated mid/forward and the fourth highest rated player of the season.

#9 Dion Prestia
"Big game performer, it's as simple as that. Oh, and the B & F winner in the premiership team."

Ranked fifth for disposals, fourth for contested possessions and second for clearances

#18 Tom Lynch
"Got better and better and by the end of the season was the powerhouse forward in the game."

Ranked third for goals per game and no. 1 for marks inside 50 per game.

#20 Dylan Grimes
" Held together a backline after General Rance went down and became arguably the best defender of the season."

Rated as an above average key defender, above average for intercept possessions.

#24 Bachar Houli
"Another big game player and you never know, one day they might tag him on a back flank."

Ranked third of all defenders for disposals and fifth for metres gained.

#26 Shane Edwards
" One moment you see him and the next he has the ball and is gone. He is the quiet achiever in all positions."

No.1 rated general defender, elite for contested disposals.

#41 Nick Vlastuin
"Had him in my AA team so of course he's going to get a gig here."

The fourth highest rated general defender taking the fifth most intercept marks.

1. Dustin Martin
  2. Nat Fyfe
  3. Patrick Dangerfield
  4. Patrick Cripps
  5. Marcus Bontempelli
  6. Brodie Grundy
  7. Tim Kelly
  8. Lachie Neale
  9. Dion Prestia
  10. Max Gawn
  11. Lachie Whitfield
  12. Jack Macrae
  13. Elliot Yeo
  14. Dayne Zorko
  15. Scott Pendlebury
  16. Charlie Cameron
  17. Jeremy Cameron
  18. Tom Lynch
  19. Luke Shuey
  20. Dylan Grimes
  21. Michael Walters
  22. Nick Haynes
  23. Tom Hawkins
  24. Bachar Houli
  25. Josh Dunkley
  26. Shane Edwards
  27. Jack Darling
  28. Jeremy McGovern
  29. Travis Boak
  30. Tim Taranto
  31. Shaun Higgins
  32. Gary Ablett
  33. Adam Treloar
  34. Todd Goldstein
  35. Shannon Hurn
  36. Ben Brown
  37. Tom Stewart
  38. Ben Cunnington
  39. Harris Andrews
  40. Zac Williams
  41. Nick Vlastuin
  42. Brad Crouch
  43. Brad Hill
  44. Hugh McCluggage
  45. Dane Rampe
  46. Phil Davis
  47. Rowan Marshall
  48. Andrew Gaff
  49. Clayton Oliver
  50. Zach Merrett
Must have killed him putting 7 tigers in his 2019 top 50.

I think he’s picked the right 7 however and probably where most of us Richmond supporters would rate them.

Mar 7, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Must have killed him putting 7 tigers in his 2019 top 50.

I think he’s picked the right 7 however and probably where most of us Richmond supporters would rate them.

Probably why he hit the booze at pick 40. Knew he had to find a place for Floss. His state was further confirmed when he named Zach Merrett at 50. LOL

This Is Anfield

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Podcaster
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, England, Furies
Fair enough.

I guess it comes back down to looking at the top ten and then working out who Dylan would replace.

Top 9 are hard to argue but I could mount a case that Dylan had a better season for his team than Max Gawn. That's not to say that I think Grimes is a better player than Gawn but I think he has had a better season which influenced the performance of the team more than big Max did for Melbourne.
Get that, I would have our premiership 22 then Graham & Stack, the rest can be from 25 up.
Reckon Max had an enormous year trying to carry his insipid team on his shoulders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back