Opinion Robbo Top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

Not more than other so called elite mid fielders.
Yep. Sure does.

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, I'd rather have Martin with his proven track record of turning up when the heat is 100% on than someone who turns up for the pointless H&A games.

Thing is with Trac is there is no way he's in the top 50 current AFL players, then if you're projecting I'm sure supporters from other clubs could throw up names like Heeney, SPP, Rozee, Milera, Curnow, Thomas etc.

Players who aren't there yet but have potential to hit the top.
No, he's not in the top 50 at the moment, but this isn't a list of the best 50 at the moment, it's a list of who Robbo thinks will be by the end of the year, and he's gone with CP, so time will tell if he's on the money or not.

No, he's not in the top 50 at the moment, but this isn't a list of the best 50 at the moment, it's a list of who Robbo thinks will be by the end of the year, and he's gone with CP, so time will tell if he's on the money or not.
Bloody hope so 👌

Anyone or everyone happy with Bont at #1?

I'd have Martin and Fyfe at 1 & 2 in any order then Danger, Bont and Cripps.

I'd also have Tom Stewart somewhere around the top 20 mark and I'd still have Ablett in the 45 to 50 range, I'd certainly have him before Petracca, Sloane, Zac Williams and Shaun Higgins.

No dramas with Whitfield in the top 10 and I agree with the order of Grundy and Gawn. Lynch is worth the punt at number 8,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not necessarily, Gov takes more intercept marks, Hurn attacks off HB more with his field kicking than Gov. What Gov doesn't mark (if anyone can find such footage) Hurn does.

OMG, that's the bloody point I was making.

Gov is a good kick and will kick it but they will get it to Hurn where possible given the choice. Hurn kicks the ball more often than McGovern does. Don't blame me for that statement, the numbers speak for themselves.

18.4 to 10.5 kicks per game in 2019
17.2 to 10.8 kicks per game in 2018

I'd have Martin and Fyfe at 1 & 2 in any order then Danger, Bont and Cripps.

I'd also have Tom Stewart somewhere around the top 20 mark and I'd still have Ablett in the 45 to 50 range, I'd certainly have him before Petracca, Sloane, Zac Williams and Shaun Higgins.

No dramas with Whitfield in the top 10 and I agree with the order of Grundy and Gawn. Lynch is worth the punt at number 8,
Ablett isn’t too 50 anymore. Not really close to be honest. Well and truly cooked.

Can also play tall and small. Can play loose and and lock down when needed.

Steady on Tiger, you're getting a bit too excited now.

I'd have him in my starting current best of, on one flank with Tom Stewart on the other but I wouldn't have Sicily in there for his lock down ability, it would be for everything else.

Ablett isn’t too 50 anymore. Not really close to be honest. Well and truly cooked.

Kicked 38 last year and set plenty up. If they manage him right he's still top 50. Outside of finals, if he gets on a plane to play any of the 5 or 6 games outside of Victoria this year then the match committee should all be lined up and shot.

Steady on Tiger, you're getting a bit too excited now.

I'd have him in my starting current best of, on one flank with Tom Stewart on the other but I wouldn't have Sicily in there for his lock down ability, it would be for everything else.
He did it in the back end of last year to pretty decent success, it is absolutely not how you want to use him because he is such an offensive threat. Nice to know he can when required though.

OMG, that's the bloody point I was making.

Gov is a good kick and will kick it but they will get it to Hurn where possible given the choice. Hurn kicks the ball more often than McGovern does. Don't blame me for that statement, the numbers speak for themselves.

18.4 to 10.5 kicks per game in 2019
17.2 to 10.8 kicks per game in 2018
Hence I used the words “more often than not” meaning Hurn gets it more often than McGovern.

Again, a statement of fact.

This is what I was replying to you, Hurn does not get it more than Gov.

No need to get your nose out of joint.

Meh, who cares go into a melt if you want.

I never really understand the premise of the preseason list. These are the players he expects to be the best this year? That doesn't mean much.
Agree. Who knows how Tom Mitchell will perform this year? And what's with Petracca? Is his inclusion based on one Marsh Community game in 2020? His 2019 doesn't justify inclusion

I know he is, but he simply doesn't compare in terms of being a lethal ball user. He's a lockdown/intercepting defender, not a rebounding defender who tears teams apart with his kicking.

At least we know what your handle is on here James.

lol, I bet he would have an account too or at least be a lurker to see what we say about him.

Sicily is a better intercept mark than Hurn and a much better kick than the other three and close to the equal of Hurn.

I actually doubt you have seen the guy play. Get back to me when you do.
Have seen him. Good player, not a standout, not in the top 50 in the comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back