Toast Robbo

Remove this Banner Ad

This guy has been a fantastic pick up. Attack on the ball (and the man with the ball) is fierce and indicative of what we should expect from all our players. Has reputedly been stupendous in training and in many facets off field, seemingly eradicating any perceived social issues and relishing the opportunity to be a leader.

Any established notion of a lack of polish have been unapparent during the second half of the year: work-rate, game impact and effort has been phenomenal and have been notable in wins and losses. It hasn't been a great year for the team but he's been a shining light, I would not be remotely surprised for him to finish top 5 in our best and fairest.

Thanks Mitch.

Was against him coming here but he has really turned it around!

Glad to have him! Deal with it Carlton.

I was in support but only really after the point it became apparent we'd be getting him for free. Can't remember exactly what I posted but it was in the effect he'd work to get into the 22 or become depth. He smashed my expectations.

The thing that I really like about Robbo, apart from the obvious (attack on the ball) is that he has clean hands (rarely fumbles).
His play that resulted in Green's goal (last one) was Ablett-like or as Bruce would say 'special'.

Our three trade-ins, Beams, Bundy and Robbo have been terrific. Beams we knew would be good, Christensen we expected would come good. Robbo was a bit of a pick up in hope I think. But what a great addition he has been. All heart.

The other players must just love him being out there, knowing he will give everything he has. He has just about been the bargain of the year -zero cost and added so much to the team. I also think that coming to Brisbane might also be the making of the man.

Robbo and Bundy might also be the poster boys for Victorian players who need that change of environment and want out of the fishbowl. Perhaps they might even be leaders in a new type of player movement - instead of the Go Home factor, we could have the Go North factor for players who have to, or want to get away from the public and media glare. And there is no one further north than us!!

Huge fan - love watching him line up a player with the ball and pummel them over.

Yep, the amount of times I grin in anticipation when he has someone lined up. He steams in from a long way out too - you get a good look at it. It all unfolds right in front of you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has probably surprised everybody. It will be huge if he can back it up next year.

His kicking was elite today. Number of passages where he put balls lace out in attacking positions for our players. He also looks faster than I remember him and wouldn't surprise me if he was one of our quickest blokes. He hunts the ball and tries to get it before anyone else. If opposition pick it up they get hurt.

His kicking was elite today. Number of passages where he put balls lace out in attacking positions for our players. He also looks faster than I remember him and wouldn't surprise me if he was one of our quickest blokes. He hunts the ball and tries to get it before anyone else. If opposition pick it up they get hurt.

Yeah, good pickup, credit where it's due on that He does look a lot faster than I remember. Could be that hard, explosive inside type that we lack going forward.

Today a WB player got a free right in front of us. Ball was about 5m away on the ground and Robbo bent down as if he were picking it up to throw it back. Just before he touched the ball he began playing with his shoe laces then walked away :D:D

Classic Robbo.

His feigning of injury then springing to life and charging in is on par.

Today a WB player got a free right in front of us. Ball was about 5m away on the ground and Robbo bent down as if he were picking it up to throw it back. Just before he touched the ball he began playing with his shoe laces then walked away :D:D

Classic Robbo.

His feigning of injury then springing to life and charging in is on par.
saw that on tv haha

saw that on tv haha

I know players do that kind of thing from time to time, but just the look on his face after he had done it was priceless. Was chuffed.

Il be the first to put up my hand and accept I was wrong. Only had a 30/70 thought His contribution would be telling. All my previous thoughts of robbo were " loose canon, only trouble, dumb decision maker, always suspended".

Knowing what I know now, I consider him one of the best club team men, absolutely fantastic fans communicator at family days etc, driving professional standards and a truely great bloke that only plays one way- hard and with passion.

this might sound stupid but robbos influence is as great if not greater than beams or bundy!

Well done, definitely pickup of the year material! Not enough recognition down here in Melbourne.

Has been a revelation for us this year. He has improved a hell of a lot since joining us at the Lions. He has a new lease on life due to knowing this is his last chance at an AFL career and he has a young family to take care of and it is showing in his football ability. Would be very surprised if he didn't finish in the top 5 at our BnF in fact I think he has a shot at finishing top 3!

DBeams, Bundy and Robbo. Fantastic recruiting from the club and I never thought Robbo would turn out to be just as good value/important as the other two!

Love having him in the side!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back