Toast Robbo

Remove this Banner Ad

We were all talking about our gun midfield at the start of the year and how exciting it was to have the likes of Rockliff, Hanley, DBeams, Rich, Bundy, Zorko ect. all playing together. One big positive to come out of this year is that we can now add Robbo's name to that list and his name genuinely belongs in there with that group.

Mitch is a sensation. For me, he's definitely our most fun player to watch, and is a really nice story in a tough year. I never would've picked this but I think he's actually become a midfield point of difference for us.
Absolutely. His ferocious attack on both the ball and man is crucial to our chances of getting on top in the contested area of the game He is pact as well.

I think one of the best things about Robbo is that arguably his best four games this year have been all four of our wins and yet he has been one of the only players to stand up and play well when we have been flogged as well. The complete opposite of a downhill skier.

Absolutely. His ferocious attack on both the ball and man is crucial to our chances of getting on top in the contested area of the game He is pact as well.

I think one of the best things about Robbo is that arguably his best four games this year have been all four of our wins and yet he has been one of the only players to stand up and play well when we have been flogged as well. The complete opposite of a downhill skier.
Makes sense that Carlton wanted rid of him.

I have to admit to getting this one very wrong. I think a couple of Carlton coaches might have got a few things wrong about Mitch too- he's a genuine midfielder. You have to give credit to our coaching staff for giving him a shot in that position, he's been excellent in the second half of the season. I can't be bothered looking at his centre clearance stats right now, but I imagine they would be pretty good. Seems to get a lot of it at centre bounces. His kicking has improved markedly as well, he'll be a real asset if he can keep this up next season.

I have to admit to getting this one very wrong. I think a couple of Carlton coaches might have got a few things wrong about Mitch too- he's a genuine midfielder. You have to give credit to our coaching staff for giving him a shot in that position, he's been excellent in the second half of the season. I can't be bothered looking at his centre clearance stats right now, but I imagine they would be pretty good. Seems to get a lot of it at centre bounces. His kicking has improved markedly as well, he'll be a real asset if he can keep this up next season.

This is exactly right IMO. It feels a bit like a Stef situation. Stick him where he's best suited, even though it wasn't obvious, and he grows into a totally different player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah has been very good pick up. He has surprised me a lot. I know he is a ferocious player but I thought at times he would crash and bash but not use his brain. In other words would do it at the expense of getting injured. But lately I think he is playing smarter. He really seems to be playing at his best since switching clubs. Hope he can continue his form into next year.

The thing with Robbo is that he plays with heart and desire. Also he was ramping out the Lions song in the huddle after the win which is great to see, he has bought into this club perfectly.

Love Robbo! Smashing player and smashing bloke by all accounts. His kamikaze attack on the ball will get him in trouble from time to time, but his effort lifts the team.
My favourite moment was the Robbo Roll in the Aussie Nash pocket. I really hope that makes the highlight reel.

Beams and Robbo to be upgraded to vice captains in 2 years time or am i being to rash.

What I take out of his form this year is a reflection of a player that is thankful to be here, at our club, enjoying life and it shows on the field. Some on our list need to have a look at what he has done this year and pull their heads out their backsides. For us supporters we can also see what can happen with a player that wants to be here and has come from another club so with further additions over the trade period like Bell could very well turn out like Robbo. You know he's been accepted by the faithful when everyone in the stands, even the old ladies, are getting aboard the Robbo train!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back