News robbo1981

Remove this Banner Ad

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not sure we're to post this but I got told my first round of treatment for my relapsed had failed.
This was shattering news as it now makes the journey much harder * Cancer .

Last edited:
Not sure we're to post this but I got told my first round of treatment for my relapsed had failed.
This was shattering news as it now makes the journey much harder * Cancer .

Talk to us when and wherever you want mate. The bond that is a shared passion means we care.

Thanks guys i never knew where to post it's a footy forum but I found it helpful to get stuff off my chest .
Sometimes It's easier talking people who are strangers but you feel like you know my love ones worry enough.

Thanks guys i never knew where to post it's a footy forum but I found it helpful to get stuff off my chest .
Sometimes It's easier talking people who are strangers but you feel like you know my love ones worry enough.
Hi Robbo

Sad to hear your news. I am a fellow traveller, but AML rather than ALL. I had a SCT at the end of 2019 after falling out of remission and then back into remission with the help of a trial drug.

I am sure that another try at remission will work. Thereafter, are they looking at a SCT?

I would be happy to discuss my journey with you if you think that will be good for you.

Hi Robbo

Sad to hear your news. I am a fellow traveller, but AML rather than ALL. I had a SCT at the end of 2019 after falling out of remission and then back into remission with the help of a trial drug.

I am sure that another try at remission will work. Thereafter, are they looking at a SCT?

I would be happy to discuss my journey with you if you think that will be good for you.
Yes it would m8. They are hoping the trail will get me into remission again to have a 2nd bone marrow transplant.
Last time I ended up u ICU for over 4 mths.
Knowing what could be ahead makes it's harder to face.
Thanks for reaching out success stories are priceless 👍

Yes it would m8. They are hoping the trail will get me into remission again to have a 2nd bone marrow transplant.
Last time I ended up u ICU for over 4 mths.
Knowing what could be ahead makes it's harder to face.
Thanks for reaching out success stories are priceless 👍
only those who suffer through this awful disease really know.

yes, I would be daunted about having a second SCT but every transplant is different in terms of complications. You might sail through next time.

Please feel free to ask for my phone number if you would like a chat. I am in Perth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw this was its own thread. Good. Pulling for you robbo, as a fellow cancer battler it gets you in the feels when you hear about others fighting the fight. Good luck with the next treatments mate.

We are v fortunate to live in Australia and have the support of the medical system. The challenge of this journey is one probably best understood by those who have been on this journey, but empathy and understanding comes strongly from those close to us. So all the best to you and those close to you and keep loving the footy and draw from that as you can,

Excellent idea to have a separate thread. There are a lot of people on the board who themselves, or family have had experience with cancer, and there are good stories amongst them. Just yesterday I had lunch with a close friend who was given 5 years to live, and now 20 years later, she is still with us and living a normal happy life, mostly due to the constant improvements in treatment since she was first diagnosed.
Hoping you'll soon have some good news. Take care.

Please pardon the intrusion. Thoughts with you robbo1981. Five years out from a stage 4 diagnosis with metastatic melanomas in lungs and brain that were so numerous the oncologist didn't count them. Then along came Pembrolazimub - better known as Keytruda.

Please hang in there bro, you never know what might be around the corner.

Last edited:
I'm hoping to be excepted in a trail at The Perter Mac in Melbourne.
This T cell therapy has only been for 25 and under but now looking to expanding.
It's shown great signs in the young.
Hopefully I get in get in remission a 2nd bone marrow transplant is still the long term goal.
Cheers for all the wishes I had a couple of really bad days but I'm a fighter and that's what I will do carn the power 💪

Remove this Banner Ad

Back