Robbo's Spelling

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 13, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham
I found this rather interesting. On the Superfooty website Robbo was online for an hour to reply to comments on his "The Trady Bunch" article. Have a look at some of the spelling errors made by him down the bottom where he replies.

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/afl/ourteam/index.php/heraldsun/comments/the_trady_bunch

Before I hear taunts of "bit rich for a Collingwood supporter to have a go at someone for their grammar", I just found it interesting but I'm sure he has his reasons because he is very articulate when on TV and radio.

Most of the mistakes are typos, not misspellings. Some journos need the services of a sub-editor more than others. Robbo probably considers his replies to readers to be not for publication as such, so obviously he doesn't re-read them. I understand what is meant in his replies, so the language, no matter how fractured, has served its purpose.

Thought it was interesting is all. Anyone who spells like that in bigfooty is smacked around pillar to post. It kind of makes you rethink that someone posting with heaps of spelling errors isn't necessarily stupid.

Or maybe Robinson is one of those people that come on here and talk rubbish?

he sounds like i do when im drunk and trying to type

He can lpayf or the next three years and disappear into the sunset and everyone would applaud an outstanding career.

the futre of essendon is cloudy. how logn will PJ stay? He’s been there for a decade. How much will hurt the club Sheeds chasing a fifth flag and going after snerio players via trade (Allan, Campo, Heff back, Zantuck).

Stantn si a godo player, but godo enough to lead essendon to a flag.

and thats just a small sample

Stanton is a good lpayerm, but is he a prmeirhsip midfielder?

Clearly a case of the Zekes (fat hands/fingers).

He would have had a few beers to take the edge off before settling down into his 'on-line date'. Next thing you know he is slurring his words and getting his 9 year old son to translate and type.

It was atrocious and I actually posted a comment at the time saying so and asking if Robbo had had a few beers beforehand. Surprisingly they did not print my comment.
I actually think Robbo being somewhat new to these interwebs, thought he had to dash everything off at a million miles an hour in order to keep up with the rush.

He also managed to alleviate pick 14 from Port Adelaide for Nathan Lonie, which they used to nab Grant Birchall.

I don't think alleviate is the correct word to use there.

Injuries have ravaged Knights’ club, but equally as observational has been the disappointing performances of players adapting to Knights’ fearless game plan.

I don't think observational is the correct word to use there.

Lucas and Stanton are the marlins. Lucas might not want to leave, but at 30 what more can he achieve at Essendon?

Marlins? Are you saying they're high-quality trade bait? Since when do marlins get used as bait? Normally the player/s being offered up for trade is described as bait and the sought-after picks/rookies are the prize fish, a.k.a. the marlins.

Robbo makes up his own language, what an innovator!

Well at least we know the Editor and Sub-Editors are earning their money down Herald Sun way.

What an absolute idiot, he puts half the dullards on here to shame.

Or maybe he was drunk?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back