Autopsy Robbo's Top 50 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

don't supercoach ponts determine effectiveness?

From your very own board from your very own supporter

Around the ground he was destroyed. No way you can defend gawn after that

Took me 2 minutes to find it. Want more?

Did you see the contest where Marshall threw him to side kicked the ball forward and admittedly frost handball it straight to the opposition which lead to the saints goal.

There is more to being a ruckman than hit outs. Gawns marking has been very poor of late, as has his position around marking contests.

We lost the clearneces 38 - 31

That’s the game I’m watching

Gawn needs to have a lot bigger impact around the ground to be the so called number 1 ruckman. English ran him ragged 2 weeks ago. Again up against a young ruckman in Marshall and Gawn had little impact around the ground.

I can go on :)

Did you see the contest where Marshall threw him to side kicked the ball forward and admittedly frost handball it straight to the opposition which lead to the saints goal.

There is more to being a ruckman than hit outs. Gawns marking has been very poor of late, as has his position around marking contests.

We lost the clearneces 38 - 31

That’s the game I’m watching

Gawn needs to have a lot bigger impact around the ground to be the so called number 1 ruckman. English ran him ragged 2 weeks ago. Again up against a young ruckman in Marshall and Gawn had little impact around the ground.

I can go on :)
Round 19 coaches votes

1571364362692.png

I'll take the coaches over some people on a forum.

Now run along champ

/discussion

Great to see it is now becoming clear both in the media and the public that Dusty is clear number 1.

Discussions are now extending to his place in history and rightly so.
tbf I don't think Slobbo's opinion holds a lot of weight anywhere other than in his guts

tbf I don't think Slobbo's opinion holds a lot of weight anywhere other than in his guts
it is not just slobbo

Everyone that matters reckons Dusty is number 1

Kane Cornes, Lethal, Carey, Roos, all the pundits with half a brain.

It is just bigfooty keyboard warriors that don't want to accept it and other Geelong fanboys and Richmond haters

it is not just slobbo

Everyone that matters reckons Dusty is number 1

Kane Cornes, Lethal, Carey, Roos, all the pundits with half a brain.

It is just bigfooty keyboard warriors that don't want to accept it and other Geelong fanboys and Richmond haters
like the coaches? the AFL players? and the umpires?

And tbf Carey doesn't have half a brain either

Did the list explicitly exclude players that were injured in 2019?

If so Tom Mitchell? Has not played a game since he won a brownlow, yet somehow is inferior to Zach Merret?

If so Tom Mitchell? Has not played a game since he won a brownlow, yet somehow is inferior to Zach Merret?
only on 2019 output

But this is Slobbo so who knows

only on 2019 output

But this is Slobbo so who knows
Yeah anyone injured in 2019 was excluded. Tom Mitchell, Alex Rance, Sam Docherty all could've made claim to top 50 based on their most recent form prior to injury

I'd be so embarrassed to type that and think "bloody hell I got him good" haha

Yeah, unlike you, we don't think comments on a forum constitute a 'win'.

We think this is a win. (note all the players you say you don't rate)

Attachments

• flag.jpg
    flag.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 94
People always get a bit carried away with successful sides.

Yes, Richmond are the deserved premiers and were great in 2019.

However, there is no way that a third of their 22 are all in the best 40 or so players in the entire competition (of 800+ players).

That would mean they 7 or more Richmond players that are better than any player on other sides.

If that were truly the case, they'd be winning nearly every game by 100+ points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, unlike you, we don't think comments on a forum constitute a 'win'.

We think this is a win. (note all the players you say you don't rate)
Found him, thanks mate
tim lunch.jpg

I can't speak for every club, but he seems to have got the eagles players positioned about right

Dusty definitely number 1

He wasn't in the top 50 players of the year, that is what type of comment that was. The top 50 this year has nothing to do with a players ceilong or potential of which you have gone a fair bit over board with tbh

He got the better of Gawn, ******* lol. I like how if someone keep Gawn to just a good to really good game their supporters think that player got the better of him.

Which game did he get the better of Gawn? The one where Gawn had 18 touches & 40 hitouts to his 13 & 13 or was it the one where Gawn had 20 touches & 32 hitouts to his 16 & 22?
The AFL Rating system had him ranked as the number 1 player in the competition for about 2 months in the middle of the season.
He was one of the best 50 players this year.

People always get a bit carried away with successful sides.

Yes, Richmond are the deserved premiers and were great in 2019.

However, there is no way that a third of their 22 are all in the best 40 or so players in the entire competition (of 800+ players).

That would mean they 7 or more Richmond players that are better than any player on other sides.

If that were truly the case, they'd be winning nearly every game by 100+ points.
Top 40 players THIS YEAR. Not overall.

Geelong had 9 in the AA team in 2007. Thats 9 of 22. Did they win every game by 100 points?

7 of the top 41 for a team that won the last 12 games of the season and a grand final by 15 goals aint crazy. Finals performances clearly also are heavily weighted here so if you ignored that it wouldn't be 7 of 40.

Last edited:
Top 40 players THIS YEAR. Not overall.

Geelong had 9 in the AA team in 2007. Thats 9 of 22. Did they win every game by 100 points?

7 of the top 41 for a team that won the last 12 games of the season and a grand final by 15 goals aint crazy. Finals performances clearly also are heavily weighted here so if you ignored that it wouldn't be 7 of 40.
Geelong in 2007 was another example of what i mean. a number of players were chosen over others who had BETTER seasons because the team was so succesful.

If Edwards, Vlastuin, Grimes, etc had the EXACT same performances in another team, there is no way they would be ranked where they are.

7 of 41 is ridiculous when you think about it statistically. It should mean that nearly every time Richmond play the best 7 or 8 players on the ground are all Richmond players. How often is that really the case?

That is only really true in 20 goal thrashings.

Richmond, as good as they were, werent winning by 20 goals every week. in fact, they didnt even finish top 2. and a huge part of the reason they were so good was not because they have a huge monopoly on top end talent (as the rankings would suggest) but because they have great depth and a great system.

... in fact, they didnt even finish top 2.

Didn't finish top 2 you say?

Or should you say they won equal games as the 2 sides above them, and disposed of both these teams in the finals, on their way to the premiership

Now that is fact, not your skewed statement

Didn't finish top 2 you say?

Or should you say they won equal games as the 2 sides above them, and disposed of both these teams in the finals, on their way to the premiership

Now that is fact, not your skewed statement

No need to be so defensive. I have acknowledged repeatedly that Richmond are a fantastic side, the best in the comp and deserved the premiership.

I am only arguing that they dont have a monopoly on top end talent as these rankings suggest. Compare to my club for example - these rankings suggest Richmond have AT LEAST one third of their 22 better than ANYONE on the Hawthorn list. Surely ypu can see thats an exagerration. f that were really true, Richmond would be winning every single game by massive (20 goals plus) margins such is the gulf in talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back