Opinion Robbo's top 50 for 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

It was you who called him martin-esque! Not sure how meaningful b and f are especially at the lower clubs like the Hawks.7

Sure....But only in the context of his final 7 weeks of the 2019 H&A season....His form there carried him all the way to the B&F....As I Already explained in post #20.

Sure....But only in the context of his final 7 weeks of the 2019 H&A season....His form there carried him all the way to the B&F....As I Already explained in post #20.

Whatever... but it was u who started the comparison then went onto to it was unfair.
Boy do the hawks supporters carry on about their one and only good young player... hope he doesnt have a bad year!

Whatever... but it was u who started the comparison then went onto to it was unfair.
Boy do the hawks supporters carry on about their one and only good young player... hope he doesnt have a bad year!

Context dear chap.

It is context alone that renders your comments here as pure hyperbole.

No .. hes dusty like when it suits you then when it doesnt its an unfair comparison.

If we call or refer to a panting as 'Rubenesque', it means it exhibits characteristics that are reminiscent of a Rubens painting…..It doesn't mean it is of or by the master Ruben himself....Similarly, when I refer to Worpedo as 'Martinesque'.....The same inference follows....I.E characteristic of his style & manner of play.

If we call or refer to a panting as 'Rubenesque', it means it exhibits characteristics that are reminiscent of a Rubens painting…..It doesn't mean it is of or by the master Ruben himself....Similarly, when I refer to Worpedo as 'Martinesque'.....The same inference follows....I.E characteristic of his style & manner of play.

Wow! Thanks for enlightening us!

i dont think he exhibits many of dustins qualities at all.

No .. i cant note anything.its fair to say havent got widespread support ( any?) for your comparison theory? Lol!

That's O.K....I'll just let the 20 year old lads Best & fairest award speak for itself.

as to Slobbo's top 50....Sicily should have been a shoe-in....But his Hawk hating goggles are just so dark these days....Perhaps you 2 could get together for coffee & a chat.

That's O.K....I'll just let the 20 year old lads Best & fairest award speak for itself.

as to Slobbo's top 50....Sicily should have been a shoe-in....But his Hawk hating goggles are just so dark these days....Perhaps you 2 could get together for coffee & a chat.

So the answer is no.. not a single person thinks he has dusty like qualities.. we r all wrong and you must be right?
Brady rawlings won 3 b and fs... just saying!

So the answer is no.. not a single person thinks he has dusty like qualities.. we r all wrong and you must be right?
Brady rawlings won 3 b and fs... just saying!

The logical implication being that you've asked them all?....Enough of this silliness.

The logical implication being that you've asked them all?....Enough of this silliness.
Well its logical and likely that at least one would have posted in suport?
You really are determined to carry on this charade the he has dusty like quakities... because? Well, you said so!

1. Well its logical and likely that at least one would have posted in support?

2. You really are determined to carry on this charade

1. Because this is such a high-volume trafficked board & thread you mean?

2. Nice self-reflexivity given my point above.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brave, attacking a poster when they are suspended and cant defend themselves.

Thats the Richmond way!
Brave, White knight to the rescue. Thank god for your type coming to the defense of those too weak to stick up for themselves. You're like the Robin Hood of Bigfooty.

Yeah right, more like still upset over being talked up as a chance (lol) then embarrassingly straight setting. That's the Brisbane way!

Brave, White knight to the rescue. Thank god for your type coming to the defense of those too weak to stick up for themselves. You're like the Robin Hood of Bigfooty.

Yeah right, more like still upset over being talked up as a chance (lol) then embarrassingly straight setting. That's the Brisbane way!

One would argue anyone that finishes in the top 8 is a chance. Of course from your Richmond minded stand point, only YOUR team could ever possibly be the winners. We get it. This has been a big 3 year for you. Out of...40 years. Live it up while you can!

Also, Im a Silver knight, no one uses pearls for armor.

Heres my crack at a 2020 version

1​
Josh Kelly
2​
Cripps
3​
Bontempelli
4​
Whitfield
5​
Dangerfield
6​
Fyfe
7​
Martin
8​
Franklin
9​
Natanui
10​
McGovern
11​
Gawn
12​
Grundy
13​
Neale
14​
Docherty
15​
Greene
16​
De Goey
17​
Sicily
18​
T Lynch
19​
Yeo
20​
Heeney
21​
Coniglio
22​
P Davis
23​
J Cameron
24​
Hawkins
25​
Andrews
26​
Pendlebury
27​
Rampe
28​
Stewart
29​
Treloar
30​
Oliver
31​
Riewoldt
32​
T Kelly
33​
T Mitchell
34​
C Cameron
35​
Sloane
36​
O Meara
37​
Dunkley
38​
Higgins
39​
Macrae
40​
Worpel
41​
Gray
42​
Zorko
43​
Walters
44​
Shiel
45​
D Smith
46​
Laird
47​
Cunnington
48​
Taranto
49​
Rich
50​
Z Williams

Worpel's last 6 weeks were Martin-esque,
Worpel is a very fine player, going to have a great career.

But I dont really see the merit in your statement. In what sense?

He kicked 3 goals total in those last 6 games. Martin kicks that in a good half of football.

He averaged 30 disposals a game in that time which is fantastic, but thats more Tom Mitchell like than "Martin-esque".

Id say Martin isnt really the Worpel comparison, Dusty is a lot more outside and damaging with score involvements, goal assists and forward of centre, particularly inside 50 and his disposal ratio is long kick heavy. Worpel is your classic tackling, clearance, contested inside mid. Worpel numbers are a lot more like Prestia than Martin, thats probably a more apt comparison.

Worpel is a very fine player, going to have a great career.

But I dont really see the merit in your statement. In what sense?

He kicked 3 goals total in those last 6 games. Martin kicks that in a good half of football.

He averaged 30 disposals a game in that time which is fantastic, but thats more Tom Mitchell like than "Martin-esque".

I'd say Martin isnt really the Worpel comparison, Dusty is a lot more outside and damaging with score involvements, goal assists and forward of centre, particularly inside 50 and his disposal ratio is long kick heavy. Worpel is your classic tackling, clearance, contested inside mid. Worpel numbers are a lot more like Prestia than Martin, thats probably a more apt comparison.

Nah....Worpel is far closer in size, build & game-style impact to Martin than he is Prestia....It's hard to recall Martin when he was younger....But Worpel is it.

Nah....Worpel is far closer in size, build & game-style impact to Martin than he is Prestia....It's hard to recall Martin when he was younger....But Worpel is it.
Lol size and shape? Many AFL midfielders have similar body profiles.
You dont know what you're talking about. Worpel is an inside mid predominantly, barely a goal kicker. Dusty has always been noted forward of centre and kicked 33 goals in his second season alone, more than double what Worpel has kicked in his career so far.

They are not comparable, and Im not sure why you are trying to make the comparison, its ludicrous. Someone like De Goey as a player style is closer to Dusty.

Hell you could have used Chad Wingard as stylistically closer to Dusty than Worpel and you'd probably have had more merit in your argument.

Lol size and shape? Many AFL midfielders have similar body profiles.
You dont know what you're talking about. Worpel is an inside mid predominantly, barely a goal kicker. Dusty has always been noted forward of centre and kicked 33 goals in his second season alone, more than double what Worpel has kicked in his career so far.

They are not comparable, and Im not sure why you are trying to make the comparison, its ludicrous. Someone like De Goey as a player style is closer to Dusty.

Hell you could have used Chad Wingard as stylistically closer to Dusty than Worpel and you'd probably have had more merit in your argument.

We'll agree to disagree then....I don't recall mentioning goalkicking anywhere.

We'll agree to disagree then....I don't recall mentioning goalkicking anywhere.
You've literally said his numbers were Martin-esque in the last 6 games and that he is basically young Dusty.
hard to recall Martin when he was younger....But Worpel is it

Goal kicking would probably be the single most damaging attribute Dusty has that makes him a matchwinner, his ability to kick the clutch goals week on week when the team needs it. It's one of his most defining too, along with his power and long kicking. Worpel doesn't share the long kicking or goal kicking, but he is a strong lad. That's why I said Wingard at least or De Goey would be a much better player comparison. At least they share that forward of centre goal kicking and 1 on 1 ability that defines Dusty. An inside mid isn't really what Dusty is/ or does.

Worpel doesn't need to be compared to Dusty to be potentially great. You don't need to force a poor comparison.

You've literally said his numbers were Martin-esque in the last 6 games and that he is basically young Dusty.

Goal kicking would probably be the single most damaging attribute Dusty has that makes him a matchwinner, his ability to kick the clutch goals week on week when the team needs it. It's one of his most defining too, along with his power and long kicking. Worpel doesn't share the long kicking or goal kicking, but he is a strong lad. That's why I said Wingard at least or De Goey would be a much better player comparison. At least they share that forward of centre goal kicking and 1 on 1 ability that defines Dusty. An inside mid isn't really what Dusty is/ or does.

Worpel doesn't need to be compared to Dusty to be potentially great. You don't need to force a poor comparison.

The point being he should have been in floggo Robbo's Top 50.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back