Robelinda

Remove this Banner Ad

Bareth Garry

Team Captain
Jan 20, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide

Cricket Australia doing this is a disgrace. There's a trove of hidden gold sitting in the archives that they and their commercial partners keep locked away. It's thanks to Rob recording games onto VHS for forty years and sharing them online for free that the younger generation gets to learn about the game's past, and the older generation (including ex players) can relive fond memories.

Hoping this paves the way for more collaboration between robelinda2 and CA. He's one million times the custodian of footage as the official channel which slaps shitty music over the highlights and doesn't seem to get that starting a delivery from when the ball leaves the bowlers hand makes it impossible to appreciate a cricket highlight.

Hoping this paves the way for more collaboration between robelinda2 and CA. He's one million times the custodian of footage as the official channel which slaps shitty music over the highlights and doesn't seem to get that starting a delivery from when the ball leaves the bowlers hand makes it impossible to appreciate a cricket highlight.
My parents' neighbour does a similar job for an AFL club. It's highly controlled, fits in with a highly developed marketing strategy, and the numbers they get on what is generally pretty dull content shows ridiculously high engagement.

So considering he's doing it for free, they don't need to bring him inside the tent, plus I can't see he'd want to fit in with their constraints.

My parents' neighbour does a similar job for an AFL club. It's highly controlled, fits in with a highly developed marketing strategy, and the numbers they get on what is generally pretty dull content shows ridiculously high engagement.

So considering he's doing it for free, they don't need to bring him inside the tent, plus I can't see he'd want to fit in with their constraints.
I'd like to see him get access to higher quality footage and more recent footage without having to worry about the legal iron fist coming down on him. Agree I wouldn't want to see him to actually come under their umbrella and get sanitized.

would hope so! CA is cash strapped NSW boys club still clinging on to past times of the glory days of Richie and tony greig

Just watching that Marshall video. I loved Benaud, but the one thing that did sh-t me off about his commentary was his constant (and I do mean constant) whinging about the front foot no-ball law. FCS, it had been around for 30 years (at the time of the footage on the video), plenty of time for bowlers to have adapted. I just found it incredible that he could never come to terms with the fact that every no-ball was the fault of the bowler. Not the umpire. Not the administrators.

Anyway, rant over.

For anyone that's interested in a little of Rob Moody's background, there is a one on one interview with him on the 'No Dunks' podcast. It released a few months ago now and it's an enjoyable listen for cricket fans.

For anyone that's interested in a little of Rob Moody's background, there is a one on one interview with him on the 'No Dunks' podcast. It released a few months ago now and it's an enjoyable listen for cricket fans.

that was a fantastic listen.
this one doesn't require you to sign up to listen:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roshan Gopalakrishna is a sports intellectual property lawyer.

Wonder if Bad PR made them retract hard to believe this was a "innocent mistake"
Probably not. Companies like CA outsource stuff like this to Indian lawyers. They employ clerks for a few rupees an hour to trawl through the internet and make copyright claims on stuff that doesn’t get caught by automatic Content ID systems.

CA themselves would not have known about it until after it happened.

Probably not. Companies like CA outsource stuff like this to Indian lawyers. They employ clerks for a few rupees an hour to trawl through the internet and make copyright claims on stuff that doesn’t get caught by automatic Content ID systems.

CA themselves would not have known about it until after it happened.
While you're probably right, with CA of late it's not unfair to ascribe incompetency to honest mistake.

ICC steps in after popular Robelinda2 cricket Youtube channel shut down due to copyright issues​

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...ws-story/3bcdeaa9564bfa7825b8bdbdd08886f5?amp (Paywall)

The ICC has made contact with cricket super fan Rob Moody after his beloved Youtube highlights channel was abruptly shut down due to copyright complaints.

The International Cricket Council have sprung into action in a bid to help an Australian cult figure save the popular YouTube cricket channel mysteriously hauled off air.

Australian cricket super fan Rob Moody has finally been silenced by Big Brother with his cricket channel Robelinda2 closed on Sunday after Moody was forced to wave the white flag against some multiple — and mysterious — channels protesting against breach of copyright.
YouTube has a policy of cancelling a channel if it receives three copyright strikes but, not for the first time, there are concerns about the relevance of protesting bodies.
One company which lodged a protest against Robelinda, Marhaba Cricket India, has less than 50 subscribers.
“I am not sure how legitimate some of the protests are,’’ Moody told this masthead from Perth, where he is touring as a guitarist with an INXS cover band.
“Remember a few years ago Lady Gaga had to shut down her channel over some kid complaining over three videos.
“I always knew there might be a day when I logged into the channel and the sign came up “this page does not exist.’ Finally it happened and I am a little sad.
“Normally when this happens you need some serious effort which is well above my resources to get the channel going again. One good thing is that I have already been contacted by the ICC copyright man who said they want to have a chat and see what can be done. I talk to them a bit and we get along well even though they might occasionally tell me to stay in my lane.

“It’s been a lot of fun. I have got messages from dads who said they started watching me when they were in school and it hits me I have been around for 14 years.’’

Melbourne based Moody recorded more than 3000 matches on ancient video recorders starting his youth in the 1980s, slicing up the best, worst and quirkiest moments for release on his private channel which had more than a million followers.

Items such as Jason Gillespie’s iconic double century (which recently drew one breach notice), Pat Cummins first Test wicket, Justin Langer making a Test stumping, horrendous umpiring decisions, missed run outs and the unique fielding efforts of Inzamam-ul-Haq were some of his off-beat offerings.

The late Shane Warne was one of many former cricketers who enjoyed floating back in time and would often respond to the clips when they appeared on social media after being cut from his 25,000 DVDs and VHS cassette recordings dating back to 1982.

Moody, a 45-year-old who plays and teaches guitar and did not make money from his cricket posts, said that several hundred videos had been recently removed from his channel and finally, early on Sunday afternoon, revealed his channel had been officially terminated.

“14 years of fun it was - thanks for watching,’’ he wrote on X (formely Twitter).

Three years ago Moody’s channel temporary closed after reported threats from Cricket Australia which owned the rights to many of the videos.

But following a series of bewildered objections from current and former players like Tom Moody and Aaron Finch the legal threats were dubbed “a misunderstanding’’ and mysteriously vanished.

This time it appears the copyright threats have come from abroad including Marhaba Cricket India which, has posted just 47 videos and has only a small number of followers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back