Zack

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Dropping Rehn for Campbell doesn't seem to give us much.

If Campbell sits on the bench for 90% of the game like Rehn it would seem to be a waste of time, we might as well kept Rehn in and let Campbell continue to develop.

Couldn't we have risked another midfielder or tried something else. If Thommo gets tired couldn't Holland, Rawlings, Hay, Barker even Graham or Cox could go and take the tap outs for 5 minutes at the end of the second quarter. With Stafford out Ottens would be tiring by then anyway and Hall is still a hit and miss ruckman at best and Richo is doubtful and Holland is out so there goes someone to do the forward line for them.

Dunno just a thought. But it would have given us more options.

Mmm anyway good to see the kid Hodge is in, I hope he starts on the ground. I wish him well and whatever he does he will only get better. (But I hope he runs amok straight away that way we can get to say he is the better youngster than Leigh Matthews was... ) And good luck to Campbell I hope he gets a chance to show his wares.

Probably a good game to brign Cambo in due to Richmonds lack of talls. Maybe a good match up for Hall when he ventures into the centre square.

His problems would probably rucking around the ground and getting to the contests.

Best of luck to the boy though, and although he is still very, very raw, if he makes a slight impact towards the result of the game for the Hawks, then it should be a good debut.

Go Cambo!

i think its a great move to bring cambo in, he has been great so far for boxhill and deserves his spot, well done to him!
sam mitchell should have been brought in aswell :( grrrr but oh well

go hawks
RICK LADSON #18

Was very good first up effort from young Robbie.

Only one out and out clanger (the attempted pass..eewww) and he made up for that two minutes later with some quality work on the outer wing.

Thought he provided real strength in the contest and gave us some drive when he came on in the 2nd Q.

Good kid, very raw but there is a lot there to work with.

13 hitouts in limited time in a first AFL game for a kid on the rookie list for the previous season was a great outing.
Granted, he wasn't rucking against a world class player in Ray Hall and Vardy

He was definatly missed at the BH game on the weekend as he works well with the young midfielders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back