Injury Robert Murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

That thread on the main board is cancerous.
What kind of horrible person do you have to be to begrudge Bob Murphy, who is easily amongst the nicest people you'll ever meet.

If I believed in karma or hell those people would be in huge trouble.
Jealousy's a curse they just don't want to be the ones on the wrong side when captain Bob and Co dish it out to them next year

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Bob playing on is the second best news of the season. Easily my favourite non-Carlton player. Love the way he goes about it - champion. I'm rapt - congrats to all happy Dog supporters, I hope he kills it next season. :thumbsu:

2 quick points.

1. I have a funny feeling bob will be like obi-wan and become even more powerful in his absence. He'll still be hugely influential off-field.

2. unpopular opinion, but I don't think murph was playing that well this year anyway. Certainly nowhere near as well as last year. And we have 19 games to get comfortable playing without him.

Awful news, but all is not lost.

Bump

Been thinking about this post for a while now - You nailed it Fronk.

Murphy certainly became more powerful...just like Obi-wan Kenobi!

Bump

Been thinking about this post for a while now - You nailed it Fronk.

Murphy certainly became more powerful...just like Obi-wan Kenobi!
Was right about the second bit. Got to thinking/worrying about it the other day as well. What if Bob comes back a shadow of his former self? The romance in him making 300 games is beautiful but the tragedy of him tarnishing a brilliant legacy is pretty hard to tussle with.

Was right about the second bit. Got to thinking/worrying about it the other day as well. What if Bob comes back a shadow of his former self? The romance in him making 300 games is beautiful but the tragedy of him tarnishing a brilliant legacy is pretty hard to tussle with.
That's old Bulldogs thinking. Remember...anything is possible. Bob for All Australian 2017. :D

Don't think a player like bob could ever be worse than a decent afl standard player, the bloke will never be too slow. He could sit back and play a quarter back role without running more than 10m a quarter and still slice a team up

Didn't find Fronk's post but have a look at the votes per game in the C Sutton award thread - Murf was about third

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, as mentioned above he was top 5 in the b&f when he went down. Maybe not as good, but still playing very well.

Last edited:
It's almost a "shame" in a sense that he had to get injured in Round 3 because it looks like he's tracking three to four months ahead of the usual 12 month calender for an ACL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back