Robert Walls back to Carlton?

Remove this Banner Ad

Why stop at Robert walls

I think bring back Bruce Doull also as the hair fashion consultant

I think bring back Wayne harms for showing players how to cheat

Jezza for marking coach

Rhys Jones for anger management

Greg Williams to be Rhys Jones assistant in anger management courses .,.you need a back up lolz

Personally I’m a half glass full person and think Walls is worth a shot- surely it’s worth trying something than nothing.

Mixed bag as a coach - actually did well at Fitzroy, Carlton flag then failed, Brisbane really tough but did well to improve them each year - Richmond major fail.

A lot of experience though.

Yep. He gets stick for clownish comments made later in the media, it his coaching record actually stands up pretty well, especially given the environment he had at Fitzroy and Brisbane.

Not to mention his playing career... he played league footy at 16, played in three flags and is in Carlton’s team of the century... which would be one of the better TOTCs around.

Yep. He gets stick for clownish comments made later in the media, it his coaching record actually stands up pretty well, especially given the environment he had at Fitzroy and Brisbane.

Not to mention his playing career... he played league footy at 16, played in three flags and is in Carlton’s team of the century... which would be one of the better TOTCs around.
Hes lost his marbles

Who is he going to put in the circle to beat the sh*t out of ?
Its Carlton, there will be more in the circle getting bashed than outside the circle bashing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rediculous that this was even contemplated by anyone at the club.

No board ever needs an insider to supervise the goings on at any organisation.

The CEO is required to report to the board and carry out the board's directions.

Shows the public that the money behind Carlton still think that Carlton is their little side-play thing where they all get to play politics.

Tom Browne reporting on Talking Footy that two influential powerbreakers at Carlton have engaged Walls and are pushing for him to be inserted into the football dept next year.

His role would be to observe absolutely everything in the footy dept and advise Bolton and others.

Bit of frustration at the speed of the rebuild and it’s a way for these powerbrokers to make sure everything is on track.

What do you reckon? A good thing for Bolton to have an experienced head around? After all, it’s not like having a “senior assistant” in the background that could bring pressure - Walls is never going to take his job.

Or is it a terrible idea that Bolton will see as a challenge to his authority?

(For those with an appreciation of old football docos, it sounds a bit like Big Ron Manager!)

It won't change a thing, patience and time is what will bring Carlton back, and you don't do that from scratch in 2 or 3 years.
From scratch I said!

More advisors and more situations that feel like the coach is being watched. No good, let Bolton run his race, and Carlton will return .

Most commentators had them in or around the top 8, but probably not top 4.
tbh no one I saw anywhere had us in the 8 pre season. On the AFL website we weren't in any top 8 predictions, bigfooty almost everyone had us between 11 and 14. But I can understand the reasons for that, we had a lot of unknowns before the year started and were the obvious choice to drop out of the 8.

Can someone let Robert walls know there’s a salary cap in place now

And a draft

You can’t just buy flags with a chequebook

Just please let him know thanks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back