Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Apr 20, 2008
The Terrortory!
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Uni Rats! Believeburgh
I think there were only 2 of us on here with the mental capacity to analyse this decision at the time.

But I think the polls are now well and truly in.

The results are indisputable. I spelt that correctly.

Discuss.

The difference between winning and losing tonight really.

If we had Robinson in for Jack Anthony (or a string of other duds) we would have won. The guy just attacks the ball hard and creates opportunities. A lot like Ballantyne when on song, just more regular.

Discuss..... Why don't you put your points forward instead of waiting for others, you start the topic then produce nothing of note in the OP. Back it up or stop creating threads.

I also notice that you tend to bring up this topic (Suban v Robinson) around the time we play Carlton every year since they were drafted.

Neither of their careers are over nor have either won a premiership so in the end they are 0-0 in my book.

Also play different roles (currently) with Suban playing off the half back flank, where I believe he should be played through the midfield, and Robinson playing Half forward flank with a midfield role.

IMO Suban will never amount to anything coming off the half back. He needs to be the out the back clearance player using his left boot to get it to the forwards and I50.

It's time to face the facts: Suban will never amount to anything, full stop. He did some nice things in 2009, and that was it. I can't see him coming back from WAFL for a while.

If we had Robinson in for Jack Anthony (or a string of other duds) we would have won. The guy just attacks the ball hard and creates opportunities. A lot like Ballantyne when on song, just more regular.

While I'm starting to agree that Robinson is a better player so far, the difference between winning and losing tonight was our kicking at goal, no more, no less. A good portion of those behinds were gimmies, only 2 more of those in and we'd won.

ps. silver - it's memories that brings this up every year, not chops. And I'm afraid I'm starting to agree with him. I'm not writing Suban off, way too early, but there is absolutely no doubt who performed better so far in their respective careers.

People need to admit that we made a mistake with Suban. I was willing to give him time in this Robinson vs Suban debate, but it is clear that Robinson would be a much better option.

Agreed completely. The effort was the difference.

Discuss..... Why don't you put your points forward instead of waiting for others, you start the topic then produce nothing of note in the OP. Back it up or stop creating threads.

Because I'm drunk. alright?

IMO Suban will never amount to anything coming

Thanks for making my case for me.

It's time to face the facts: Suban will never amount to anything, full stop. He did some nice things in 2009, and that was it. I can't see him coming back from WAFL for a while.

Exactly.

what's the point of this thread? suban wasn't even playing tonight. you might as well say cloke>>>>>pavlich. you're gonna pull up suban because robinson played well? you should pull up mzungu for his lousy handpasses, or mundy for his crap disposal early on. seriously, people's frustrations spray out in odd places.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I'm starting to agree that Robinson is a better player so far, the difference between winning and losing tonight was our kicking at goal, no more, no less. A good portion of those behinds were gimmies, only 2 more of those in and we'd won.

ps. silver - it's memories that brings this up every year, not chops. And I'm afraid I'm starting to agree with him. I'm not writing Suban off, way too early, but there is absolutely no doubt who performed better so far in their respective careers.

Ahh I knew it was someone. My apologies Chops. Still need to provide some sort of opinion other than Suban >>>> Robinson though. ;)

Robinson is good one week and a real liability the next. Just is not that good. Whilst we are here, Jones from the Saints is a spud too, another potato that gets worshiped for no real reason other than the grass being greener. Suban has had too many injury problems since we got him to be in the race. Its still early in his career, and by the time he finishes he will be the better footballer.

Robinson is good one week and a real liability the next. Just is not that good. Whilst we are here, Jones from the Saints is a spud too, another potato that gets worshiped for no real reason other than the grass being greener. Suban has had too many injury problems since we got him to be in the race. Its still early in his career, and by the time he finishes he will be the better footballer.

51 average games.

You'd expect better.

Ahh I knew it was someone. My apologies Chops. Still need to provide some sort of opinion other than Suban >>>> Robinson though. ;)

Ahhh... he is better in all aspects in the game? And they are equal in their weaknesses, i.e. both make poor decisions. Just one is fitter, hungrier, and does damage to the opposition.

LOL yeah, Robinson only got 9 brownlow votes last year, 3 less than Mundy has in his entire career.... but we wouldn't have him, you're right. We'd rather have the guy we just dropped who is slow, short and has little attack on the ball. It's not like Robinson wasn't questionably the BOG for the blues tonight either, not sure why he's even playing for them really, should be in the VFL.

Robinson's a s**t kick in play, but I tell you what, he went for goal with more confidence than half the cowards in our side.

Yes and you also don't need to be that great a kick to do what he does. His kicking is average, but he has a goal radar and is hungry for the ball. Often lifts his entire team with his effort and 1%ers

Course he isn't perfect but like I said in 2008 we should have taken him because he'd have been in a small bunch who have played at Freo that are actually hungry for the contest.

He will also get more poised as he ages which will get rid of many of his brain fades.

51 average games.

You'd expect better.

Ahhh... he is better in all aspects in the game? And they are equal in their weaknesses, i.e. both make poor decisions. Just one is fitter, hungrier, and does damage to the opposition.

1. All aspects?? For example ?

2. What are the weaknesses?

3. How do you define fitter?

4. How do you measure hunger ? (not in terms of food)

5. He is bigger than Suban and crashes packs (Ala Our gun FF Campball) so he is better?

1. All aspects?? For example ?

2. What are the weaknesses?

3. How do you define fitter?

4. How do you measure hunger ? (not in terms of food)

5. He is bigger than Suban and crashes packs (Ala Our gun FF Campball) so he is better?

Fitter?

One can play midfield. One can't run out a game, playing in the pocket.

What a silly post.

Fitter?

One can play midfield. One can't run out a game, playing in the pocket.

What a silly post.

One doesn't play midfield because of his role and was subbed last week but ran out the previous games. Also you still haven't answered the other questions in the post.

One doesn't play midfield because of his role and was subbed last week but ran out the previous games. Also you still haven't answered the other questions in the post.
Are you related to Suban? He's back in the WAFL. His efforts in the WAFL have historically been so average it's amazing he's ever had a call up. The likelihood of him coming back are remote. He's far less of a player than Clancee Pearce, whose 2012 season so far destroys anything Suban has ever done. And still, no one rates Pearce.

I liked him three years ago. Thought he went about footy the right way. Not any more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back