Review Robinson >>>>>>> Suban

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you related to Suban? He's back in the WAFL. His efforts in the WAFL have historically been so average it's amazing he's ever had a call up. The likelihood of him coming back are remote. He's far less of a player than Clancee Pearce, whose 2012 season so far destroys anything Suban has ever done. And still, no one rates Pearce.

I liked him three years ago. Thought he went about footy the right way. Not any more.

Go to thunder thighs has arrived thread.

LOL yeah, Robinson only got 9 brownlow votes last year, 3 less than Mundy has in his entire career.... but we wouldn't have him, you're right. We'd rather have the guy we just dropped who is slow, short and has little attack on the ball. It's not like Robinson wasn't questionably the BOG for the blues tonight either, not sure why he's even playing for them really, should be in the VFL.

Oh wow he got BROWNLOW VOTES?! MY GOD! Do you also measure a players worth by dream team points? We lose a game against the flag favorites and some tool has to start cracking into a bloke who wasn't even playing. If we had got up by any margin the board would be a big circle jerk and posting 200 threads about how every marginalized player is actually a gun and we were wrong all along.

Robinson just isn't that good, but he's played a few good games against us. Suban is a far superior kick and makes much better decisions. So he has to work on his game. So what? And it isn't difficult to look like a good player when you are in a great midfield and your team is controlling the game. And you are the last midfielder the opposition want to worry about. I'm sure Carlton were delighted to have his panicked turnovers last week when they were under the pump.

Anyway, not really wanting to bag Robinson so much as the op. Robinson is ok, but its a bloody dumb thread.

Oh wow he got BROWNLOW VOTES?! MY GOD! Do you also measure a players worth by dream team points? We lose a game against the flag favorites and some tool has to start cracking into a bloke who wasn't even playing. If we had got up by any margin the board would be a big circle jerk and posting 200 threads about how every marginalized player is actually a gun and we were wrong all along.

Robinson just isn't that good, but he's played a few good games against us. Suban is a far superior kick and makes much better decisions. So he has to work on his game. So what? And it isn't difficult to look like a good player when you are in a great midfield and your team is controlling the game. And you are the last midfielder the opposition want to worry about. I'm sure Carlton were delighted to have his panicked turnovers last week when they were under the pump.

Anyway, not really wanting to bag Robinson so much as the op. Robinson is ok, but its a bloody dumb thread.

Brownlow votes show he has got Best on Grounds before, or close to best on grounds. Being "best on ground" more than once is a sign of elite players, and this kid is still young. Now Robinson isn't in Judds realm but he has clearly been BOG more than once and been a major factor in many of Carlton wins in the last 2 years and he isn't even at his peak yet.

Suban on the other hand..... apparently he yells a lot and some people in the crowd hear that and that makes him good.

It sucks because that was a strong draft and pick 24 could of nabbed a really good player and we used it on Suban. I don't think you can blame the recruiters because Suban had a very good junior career and was rated fairly highly. But for the last few years it has been obvious that he doesn't work hard enough.

Take a look at the players taken after Suban, plenty that look better than either Robinson or Suban
Sloane & Rhys Stanley for a start! Every team makes mistakes. How about West Coast taking Shepherd over Fyfe for a howler?

24 Nic Suban North Ballarat Rebels TAC Cup Fremantle
2 25 Jack Redden Glenelg SANFL Brisbane Lions
2 26 Jayden Post Western Jets TAC Cup Richmond
2 27 Sam Wright Murray Bushrangers TAC Cup North Melbourne
2 28 Shaun McKernan Calder Cannons TAC Cup Adelaide
2 29 Dayne Beams Southport QAFL Collingwood
2 30 Daniel Hannebery Oakleigh Chargers TAC Cup Sydney
2 31 Jordan Roughead North Ballarat Rebels TAC Cup Western Bulldogs
2 32 Liam Jones North Hobart TFL Western Bulldogs
2 33 Thomas Gillies Dandenong Stringrays TAC Cup Geelong
2 34 Liam Shiels Eastern Ranges TAC Cup Hawthorn
3 35 Jamie Bennell Swan Districts WAFL Melbourne
3 36 Ashley Smith Dandenong Stingrays TAC Cup West Coast
3 37 Zac Clarke Oakleigh Chargers TAC Cup Fremantle
3 38 Matthew Broadbent Woodville-West Torrens SANFL Port Adelaide
3 39 Steven Motlop Wanderers NTFL Geelong
3 40 Mitch Robinson Tasmanian Devils VFL Carlton
3 41 Todd Banfield Swan Districts WAFL Brisbane Lions
3 42 Mitchell Banner Western Jets TAC Cup Port Adelaide
3 43 Liam Anthony East Fremantle WAFL North Melbourne
3 44 Rory Sloane Eastern Ranges TAC Cup Adelaide
3 45 Jarrad Blight Swan Districts WAFL Collingwood
3 46 Luke Rounds Geelong Falcons TAC Cup Collingwood
3 47 Rhys Stanley West Adelaide SANFL St Kilda

Has Suban been played in his ideal position yet?
His ideal spot is midfield.

He cannot defend due to athletic abilities and size.

Put him in the guts, use him as the in and under player.
Then when he gets free his foot skills into forward 50 and through midfield will be a real weapon.
That is where we will see the best of Suban.

However, he needs to go back to WAFL and earn his spot.
Which will be hard, as he needs to be getting 30+ week in week out to have a chance to force anyone out of team.

Suban showed a great attitude, and looked like a leader since day 1, plus great long kick.
We all love that about him and is why he gets alot of praise.

Totally agree that he hasnt done enough, and needs to prove that he can be a 25+ disposal player.
If he cant do it he may become tradebait.

But FFS Robinson no thx

I would take Hanneberry, Redden, or Beams

Oh wow, another loss creates another hindsight thread. Seriously.

In fairness, I think this particular debate is on because Memories (?) said at the time of the draft (or very soon after) that we should have taken Robinson. Between those particular two players, nobody could possibly mount a reasonable argument against that now. I will admit I was wrong on the matter.

There was also the school of thought that Carlton would have taken Robinson with pick 24, so effectively they didn't give up much for Warnock.

Of course, there are other players like Redden or Shiels or Beams who I'd prefer over both of Suban/Robinson ... but there is a reason this thread is about those latter two players only.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It sucks because that was a strong draft and pick 24 could of nabbed a really good player and we used it on Suban. I don't think you can blame the recruiters because Suban had a very good junior career and was rated fairly highly. But for the last few years it has been obvious that he doesn't work hard enough.

He should be playing midfield not defence, i still hold hope for suban

Robinson is a blunt object and not a good footballer regardless how Suban is going. He's also thick as s**t.
Whatever other supporters think of Robinson's intelligence there is no questioning his courage and toughness. Most clubs would love to have a player like him in their side.
For what its worth, Robinson suffers from AHDH so their are real reasons for him sounding "as thick as s**t" as you put it.
Lay off the personal stuff.

Whatever other supporters think of Robinson's intelligence there is no questioning his courage and toughness. Most clubs would love to have a player like him in their side.
For what its worth, Robinson suffers from AHDH so their are real reasons for him sounding "as thick as s**t" as you put it.
Lay off the personal stuff.

Nothing to do with his ADHD or him sounding dense. He's a stupid footballer who does stupid stuff.
I watched his game last week from behind the goals. Dense.
Now feel free to take a hike and not lecture me on what's appropriate from your high horse while you're on our board.

Geez Lach, that's the sort of reaction you get on the carlton board - usually followed by a banzhammer for not starting a post with "Gibbs is gods gift". Docker's board isn't usually so touchy.

FWIW - it's very easy to cherry pick a player taken later in the draft and say why didn't we pick him. You could say the same about any player from the '09 draft and say - durrr WC took Weedon when they could have had Barlow.

It's perhaps more appropriate to assess when it's at the point end and the talent is fairly condensed - i.e scully V trengove v martin.

but assessing 2nd v 3rd round picks is futile - and could build an argument for and against every club for wins and failures

Robinson is a blunt object and not a good footballer regardless how Suban is going. He's also thick as s**t.
I must admit to being a bit of a Suban fan when he's at his best. I happen to think that injuries have played a major part in derailing his development, however Robinson is playing some good footy in 2012 Lach. Whether or not he'd be playing good footy in a lower calibre team is another point for discussion.

It's always easy to evaluate decisions in retrospect isn't it?

Geez Lach, that's the sort of reaction you get on the carlton board - usually followed by a banzhammer for not starting a post with "Gibbs is gods gift". Docker's board isn't usually so touchy.

He wants to disagree with me. Go for his life.
My comment had nothing to do with his ADHD or how he sounds. I think he's a dumb footballer who does stupid stuff. So sue me. *shrugs*
He's also not got a card.

I must admit to being a bit of a Suban fan when he's at his best. I happen to think that injuries have played a major part in derailing his development, however Robinson is playing some good footy in 2012 Lach. Whether or not he'd be playing good footy in a lower calibre team is another point for discussion.

It's always easy to evaluate decisions in retrospect isn't it?

Pretty much. I also think Suban would benefit from being in the action more. I'd like him to have an extended run at Claremont in the midfield. I think he has something to offer there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back