Consumer Electronics Robot vacuums

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah they're decent. Just need to make sure nothing is on the floor where it can sort of get in the way. The only thing that needs to be maintained is replacing the dust etc from the back, and charging it.

I feel that if something requires me to move everything and be out of a room for an extended period of time or else it won't work/will run into me, then I may as well just vacuum for 40 seconds and save money instead.

So your problem with it, is that you have to tidy the place up? lol

How well do they negotiate their way around couches, tables, chairs, desks etc?
Once they hit something solid, they turn a bit and keep moving until they don't hit anything. So with couches, desks and tables its alright, but with chairs you might want to move them out of the room otherwise the area around it, or definitely under it, won't be vacuumed.

Yes. It's counterintuitive.

How is it counter intuitive?

The whole premise of vacuuming is to keep the area clean. Why would you vacuum but not place things off the floor onto a bench?

And if you were to actually buy a manually used vacuum, you will have to do the same thing anyway.

I feel that if something requires me to move everything and be out of a room for an extended period of time or else it won't work/will run into me, then I may as well just vacuum for 40 seconds and save money instead.

I don't have much moveable s**t lying around so if rather just pick a couple of things up then let it go.

You can get them with mop function too which might be handy. *in hate mopping.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just know if I own one Ill let it run around, forget about it then it runs out of battery and I wont be able to find it or accidentally steps on it.

Plus how good of a job would it actually do? Im imagining it to just zip around random paths and wont really clean a room properly.

Cats seem to enjoy them

This vid never fails to make me laugh. Haven't seen it in ages. :thumbsu:

The newer vacuum robots are pretty intelligent nowadays. They have infrared to determine if they will hit something, have motion sensors so they don't go down stairs, and will go over a certain spot a second time if it senses the area to be dirty. Hell, when the battery is low it automatically seeks out its docking station and recharges itself.

I'd only get one if I had a small apartment, though.

I just know if I own one Ill let it run around, forget about it then it runs out of battery and I wont be able to find it or accidentally steps on it.

Plus how good of a job would it actually do? Im imagining it to just zip around random paths and wont really clean a room properly.

They can return to their dock when they need a charge and to empty their container.

I don't think it's possible to own copies of Terminator or Battlestar Galactica in addition to a free minded cleaning robot.
arnie-terminator.jpg

I got one of these as a gift. They are useless unless you have a big open space with nothing in the way. Get caught on rugs and jammed under tv stands etc. Its much quicker and easier for me to vacuum the place myself.

My bro asked his FB friends about robot vacs (hes lazy as sin).
So his post was something like this.
Anyone have a robot vacuum and are they any good?
One person said i had one I called it girl friend.
Next post was how was the suction and the quality.:eek::D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back