Unsolved Robyn (Paton) Santen - Coronial Inquest, August 8, 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

So did Paton go to Iona? Her friends did.

No body yet. Clothes and all gone.

The one night she goes for a swim and all gone. I hope she didn't take a towel.

@happyfreo Oh, now I get it. Clancy's fish bar?

So did Paton go to Iona? Her friends did.

No body yet. Clothes and all gone.

The one night she goes for a swim and all gone. I hope she didn't take a towel.

@happyfreo Oh, now I get it. Clancy's fish bar?

Yeah - making evil plans.

Friends from Iona, went to UWA. Lived in Kimberley st, West Leederville. Dropped off by taxi.

Robyn Paton an inspiring young environmental engineer from UWA who enlightened us on water conservation;

https://zontaperthblog.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/a20040415annualreport322003to2004.pdf

32ND ANNUAL REPORT APRIL 2004.

Our club members who are part of the Emergency Response Group were out on jet skis at first light on blustery
Monday morning as part of the search for missing woman whose car was found abandoned at City Beach. The woman, Robyn Santen had been a member of Scarboro in 2004/5 under her maiden name Robyn Paton.
sslsc.businesscatalyst.com/LiteratureRetrieve.aspx?ID=147570

HANSARD

2392[ASSEMBLY]
In 1995 the Water Authority completed the water supply strategy covering the Perth to Mandurah region -that area of our State that is probably under the greatest pressure from population growth and has consequential demands for a secure water supply.
It took three years to bring together the latest scientific knowledge, significant contributions from
specific community and industry associations, and the political will to ensure that we started planning for Perth’s water
future. That did happen. The 1995 water supply strategy broke new ground in water planning because its scope was
broad and comprehensive.
It incorporated full water supply development as well as water use efficiencies; it looked at aspects of water quality, public health, costs to the consumer and, importantly in this day and age, the impact on the natural environment. We should note that it was a 25 - year strategy that tied into a 50 -year vision.
The key objectives of the 1995 strategy that were developed in consultation with the community were, firstly, to reduce overall per capita water consumption through appropriate water use efficiency measures; secondly, to ensure the availability of acceptable water quality and quantity to the years 2010, as a focus period, and 2021 by means of a strategy which is technically viable and socially acceptable; thirdly, to minimise the negative impacts on the social environment and maximise opportunities for benefits; fourthly, to minimise the risk to human health and safety; fifthly, to minimise negative impacts on the natural environment and maximise options that enhance the environment; and, sixthly, to minimisefinancial costs to Western Australian consumers and economic costs to the community. These were sound objectives that could be applied across the State. I ask members to keep in mind that these objectives were developed in 1995 and were in place when this Government came into power.
The above strategies were implemented within the private and public sectors. The people who implemented these
strategies are still there and are still working very hard on the water issues for this State and also for the nation. I will
refer to some of the people who put their knowledge into the public arena. The first is Professor Jorg Imberger, head of the centre for water research at the University of Western Australia. Professor Imberger and a number of his students have just researched and documented a project addressing Western Australia’s water supply; it was a holistic study.
They have a very detailed projective direction for water into the future. Another person with knowledge of waste water
is Dr Peter Dillon from the land and water division of the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research
Organisation. I will read from an article in a local newspaper about the study that Professor Imberger and his students
have put together. It states - Swathes of Western Australia’s southwest, from Geraldton to Denmark and out into the wheatbelt, will face an acute shortage of water by 2030, according to a University of Western Australia study.
The research being conducted by 32 final year environmental engineering students, within the university’s Centre for Water Research, provides the first holistic look at the state’s water supply over the next 30 years.
It has identified a grim reality for Western Australia if current climate change trends continue.

“The biggest problem is along the Perth coast. We have to use a lot less water and develop more reserves,”
said researcher Robyn Paton.
The student’s work, which is being used to develop a management plan for sustainable water use, is based on
data supplied by the Water and Rivers Commission, the Water Corporation, the CSIRO and other agencies.

http://www.parliament.wa.gov.au/Hansard/hansard.nsf/0/D89EDDE16EDF4401C825758A001A9BBA/$File/A36 S2 20021024 All.pdf

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back