Rocco Arico - 14 years prison and probable deportation

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Surprised this hasn't already been mentioned on here. Not sure if it was intentional, but the first Underbelly series managed to make arguably the two largest kingpins it portrayed look borderline mentally challenged.

Rocco Arico, for a long time the subject of whispers about his involvement in several high profile deaths, including Carl Williams has been sentenced to 14 years prison.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-...-deported-after-serving-14-years-jail/8321212

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/how-mad-richard-held-the-key-to-carls-demise-20120520-1yz3f.html

Since he's facing likely deportation after he serves his sentence, it will be interesting to see whether we get closer to finding pout the real story behind some of these cases, either by Arico, or by underworld figures who no longer have reason to fear him.

Surprised this hasn't already been mentioned on here. Not sure if it was intentional, but the first Underbelly series managed to make arguably the two largest kingpins it portrayed look borderline mentally challenged.

Rocco Arico, for a long time the subject of whispers about his involvement in several high profile deaths, including Carl Williams has been sentenced to 14 years prison.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-...-deported-after-serving-14-years-jail/8321212

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/how-mad-richard-held-the-key-to-carls-demise-20120520-1yz3f.html

Since he's facing likely deportation after he serves his sentence, it will be interesting to see whether we get closer to finding pout the real story behind some of these cases, either by Arico, or by underworld figures who no longer have reason to fear him.

That would be a mistake for underworld figures no longer fear him. Not so much fear Arrico, but the organisation and 'society' he represents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocco has in likelihood got away with two murders, and avoided being killed himself. Ten years in the joint won't work him too much.

It wasn't a "you're only getting an out an old man" type deal like the one that saw Carl start yapping.

Rocco can do those ten easy, he'll be what, 48 when he gets out?

Rocco has in likelihood got away with two murders, and avoided being killed himself. Ten years in the joint won't work him too much.

It wasn't a "you're only getting an out an old man" type deal like the one that saw Carl start yapping.

Rocco can do those ten easy, he'll be what, 48 when he gets out?

And he'll find himself deported back to Italy with his assets stripped. Yes, he's likely still been pretty lucky to serve a (minimum) 17 total years in prison, when factoring in his previous stint, but it's hardly like he'll be back on top of the world when he gets out.

And he'll find himself deported back to Italy with his assets stripped. Yes, he's likely still been pretty lucky to serve a (minimum) 17 total years in prison, when factoring in his previous stint, but it's hardly like he'll be back on top of the world when he gets out.

Something tells me he may have a few bucks safely stashed.

Let's be honest here, he was a key player in a major markets and area of operation for one of the world's leading criminal organisations.

Getting deported won't be great, but I imagine they'll find uses for him.

One thing for certain, Rocco won't be rolling over for anyone or anything. He'll do his time without a word said

One thing for certain, Rocco won't be rolling over for anyone or anything. He'll do his time without a word said

Oh yeah, he will not rat.

I wouldn't be too surprised if Toby Mitchell did himself a mischief in a few years. Rocco will have plenty of time to sit and plot. He got Carl Williams whacked remotely in what was meant to be the most secure space in the state.

Having Mitchell sorted on the street wouldn't be an issue.

And lets face it; if you're a mafia type, getting deported back to the old country wouldn't exactly be career suicide.

It would be like deporting a hooker for solicitation....straight back to Amsterdam!

Exactly, it is just like a multinational corporation, he'll just be deployed elsewhere.

He's a "made guy" to use the crappy cliché. He'll be sweet.

Oh yeah, he will not rat.

I wouldn't be too surprised if Toby Mitchell did himself a mischief in a few years. Rocco will have plenty of time to sit and plot. He got Carl Williams whacked remotely in what was meant to be the most secure space in the state.

Having Mitchell sorted on the street wouldn't be an issue.

For the life of me I can't remember who he used to come and visit in Barwon. I processed him in a couple of times and saw him a few others. About the only thing I'm sure of is that it wasn't Williams he was visiting. I wouldn't be confident that it was Johnson he was visiting either. Perhaps Mokbel. They were all in the same unit, just in different sections of the unit with Williams, Johnson and Ivanovic all in the one sub-unit together.

For the life of me I can't remember who he used to come and visit in Barwon. I processed him in a couple of times and saw him a few others. About the only thing I'm sure of is that it wasn't Williams he was visiting. I wouldn't be confident that it was Johnson he was visiting either. Perhaps Mokbel. They were all in the same unit, just in different sections of the unit with Williams, Johnson and Ivanovic all in the one sub-unit together.

lil tommy?
he was on the phone to him when johnson killed williams wasnt he?

Tommy yeah?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All hope of solving that murder ended when Carl got killed at Barwon I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless Rocco is seized by the notion to clear his conscience and seek redemption.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back