Rock n Roll - Ryan and Rioli

Remove this Banner Ad

I regard Rioli as more of a duo with Jamie Cripps. Has just grown and grown throughout the year into his role. They are both a reason why we were able to hang on to top 2 with the revolving forward line injuries.

Ryan is very dynamic, can turn a game on its head, but more confident in Rioli still being on the list in 5 years.

The only irritation is when the commentators get Ryan, Rioli and Jetta confused.

Mark LeCras will have to call it a day once our finals are dusted, barely holding his spot at the moment, in there on reputation. Ryan and Oscar Allen should get more opportunities once that is the case.
LeCras will play on. Was in excellent form, but with the absence of Gaff has been forced up the ground, which his body struggles with.

If we re-jig the midfield, he has a couple of years top line service left.

They're both very flashy and exciting but the hype is getting a bit ridiculous. As a Fremantle supporter I feel like it's my duty to cut them down a notch.

Rioli definitely has the body shape of someone who main mode of transport is rolling, or maybe because he eats too many rolls?
lost 13kg before being drafted, 7kg over the preseason and is still a doughboy.

Does that make Ryan the rock? because he sinks like one when playing against a rookie listed defender?
I've followed Ryan since his start at Subi and was one of his biggest advocated for him getting picked up in 2016. There are a multitude of reasons for why he didn't get picked up then, even as a rookie, he's got a long way to go before he's at AFL standard for fitness and professionalism.

Neither have the fitness, at the moment, to be influential small forwards in this day and age.
Chase and tackle is more important than kicking freak goals, just watch the last 5 premierships.
HAHA!!!!!!

They're both very flashy and exciting but the hype is getting a bit ridiculous. As a Fremantle supporter I feel like it's my duty to cut them down a notch.

Rioli definitely has the body shape of someone who main mode of transport is rolling, or maybe because he eats too many rolls?
lost 13kg before being drafted, 7kg over the preseason and is still a doughboy.

Does that make Ryan the rock? because he sinks like one when playing against a rookie listed defender?
I've followed Ryan since his start at Subi and was one of his biggest advocated for him getting picked up in 2016. There are a multitude of reasons for why he didn't get picked up then, even as a rookie, he's got a long way to go before he's at AFL standard for fitness and professionalism.

Neither have the fitness, at the moment, to be influential small forwards in this day and age.
Chase and tackle is more important than kicking freak goals, just watch the last 5 premierships.

Wow.

How wrong and salty can one person be in a single post?

Thats world record pace right there.

Must have been tough over the past months watching people walking around in their West Coast premiership shirts. Then reading about Rioli coming back fitter than ever along with a heap of other Eagles.:cool:

So so salty.

Wow.

Must have been tough over the past months watching people walking around in their West Coast premiership shirts. Then reading about Rioli coming back fitter than ever along with a heap of other Eagles.:cool:

So so salty.
Just gotta laugh at those who are anti Eagles. These two lads had great years, emerged as exciting forwards and went on to play in a Grand Final and become champions.

It's the ultimate **** you.

Watched the last premiership.

Saw a guy with no fitness go in for the last centre bounce of the game, 1:45 left on the clock. Ran, chased, gave 3 efforts to turn the ball over from the opposition and got it going our way.

But was it more important than a freak goal?

Saw the same guy kick the most freaky goal, our first goal, when we were 5 goals down needing a miracle.

Can't split it really. Run, chase and freak goals. What a player!

Does that make Ryan the rock? because he sinks like one

Saw this rock jump almost 2 metres off the ground to take the most important mark of his life, 2:25 left to go, 2 points down.

But I guess Maynard would refer to him as a rock....

So you were kind of right, but oh so wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow.

So so salty.
Yet took you 11 months to reply to him.

At the time his criticisms weren't horrendously bad.

And if you hadn't won the flag you wouldn't have bothered.

Hindsight hero.

I, for one, was ecstatic with the return from Rioli and Ryan from about midway through the season irrespective of the final result of the season. Rioli particularly surprised the absolute pants off me. I was optimistic that he'd be an enigmatic goalsneak - but from watching him each week, he is an incredible allround footy player. His toughness and endurance were quite outstanding relative to what I'd expected.

Perhaps Obeanie is a Hindsight Hero. But I'm sure he'd happily accept that tag while basking in the glorious memories of Premiership Heroes Willie Rioli and Liam Ryan.

And if you hadn't won the flag you wouldn't have bothered.

Hindsight hero.
These guys were great all year, not just because of the prem. thats just the icing on the cake and a big F you to the haters. Premiership players.

You should try positivity at least some of the time. You're always negative.

Better than being a flog with no idea and an axe to grind.
You laughed at someone over a negative opinion they held over a couple of your teams players 11 months ago and you want to call someone else a flog with no idea and an axe to grind?

:D Such insightful discussion.

You laughed at someone over a negative opinion they held over a couple of your teams players 11 months ago and you want to call someone else a flog with no idea and an axe to grind?

:D Such insightful discussion.

Actually it is insightful.

The comments were demeaning and a troll that back fired brilliantly.

I dont have an issue with insightful negative comments but I do like reminding trolls how silly they look.

Maybe next time they wont be so demeaning.......but I wont hold my breath.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back