Rock n Roll - Ryan and Rioli

Remove this Banner Ad

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
the double R's or R&R. Sounds like theme for a movie or new brand of music. Look for these two lads to have breakout seasons for West Coast. Rookies but will no doubt create havoc. Aboriginal flair at it's finest.

WCE have some good small forwards in these fellas. With Kennedy and Darling WCE's forward line will be as potent as ever. Up to the mids to be consistent and Nit Nat to feed them the ball.

Keep a close eye on these lads. Going to be bloody brilliant.

the double R's or R&R. Sounds like theme for a movie or new brand of music. Look for these two lads to have breakout seasons for West Coast. Rookies but will no doubt create havoc. Aboriginal flair at it's finest.

WCE have some good small forwards in these fellas. With Kennedy and Darling WCE's forward line will be as potent as ever. Up to the mids to be consistent and Nit Nat to feed them the ball.

Keep a close eye on these lads. Going to be bloody brilliant.

Why did it take recruiters so long to give Willy Rioli a spot on an afl list?

They're both very flashy and exciting but the hype is getting a bit ridiculous. As a Fremantle supporter I feel like it's my duty to cut them down a notch.

Rioli definitely has the body shape of someone who main mode of transport is rolling, or maybe because he eats too many rolls?
lost 13kg before being drafted, 7kg over the preseason and is still a doughboy.

Does that make Ryan the rock? because he sinks like one when playing against a rookie listed defender?
I've followed Ryan since his start at Subi and was one of his biggest advocated for him getting picked up in 2016. There are a multitude of reasons for why he didn't get picked up then, even as a rookie, he's got a long way to go before he's at AFL standard for fitness and professionalism.

Neither have the fitness, at the moment, to be influential small forwards in this day and age.
Chase and tackle is more important than kicking freak goals, just watch the last 5 premierships.

They're both very flashy and exciting but the hype is getting a bit ridiculous. As a Fremantle supporter I feel like it's my duty to cut them down a notch.

Rioli definitely has the body shape of someone who main mode of transport is rolling, or maybe because he eats too many rolls?

Does that make Ryan the rock? because he sinks like one when playing against a rookie listed defender?
I've followed Ryan since his start at Subi and was one of his biggest advocated for him getting picked up in 2016. There are a multitude of reasons for why he didn't get picked up then, even as a rookie, he's got a long way to go before he's at AFL standard for fitness and professionalism.

Neither have the fitness, at the moment, to be influential small forwards in this day and age.
Chase and tackle is more important than kicking freak goals, just watch the last 5 premierships.
As you said, you follow Freo.

As you said, you follow Freo.

What he says is consistent with other available information. And flash doesn't get you very far in the competition at the moment. Not if you can't run all day, tackle and chase.

I can see West Coast maybe risking picking one of these players, even if their fitness isn't quite where it needs to be. But can't see them picking both in the same team. It will leave them far too exposed.

I also follow football as a whole and west australian football pretty closely, what I've said is fairly tame and legitimate criticism.
What do you disagree with?

At least they've had an AFL preseason, but its not unusual for fans to pump up recruits, or to put down potential.

Leave 'em alone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely as a small forward it only takes 1 preseason to have the fitness to chase and tackle?

What he says is consistent with other available information. And flash doesn't get you very far in the competition at the moment. Not if you can't run all day, tackle and chase.

I can see West Coast maybe risking picking one of these players, even if their fitness isn't quite where it needs to be. But can't see them picking both in the same team. It will leave them far too exposed.
We played Lecras and Hill together and went ok.

Surely as a small forward it only takes 1 preseason to have the fitness to chase and tackle?
Not when you start so far back, aerobic capacity is easy to improve but it's time consuming.
Ryan's defensive ability was still pretty much non existent last year and Rioli is still very much overweight.
It's not a body type issue, it's a commitment one, to be in the system over a year and still have a body fat percentage as high as his is truly disappointing.

Kennedy has been a main target for years and constantly carrying off his own hands and boot, it's about time eagles have two options when the ball goes to ground, eagles have rarely scored when the ball goes to ground in the forward line since leccas decline.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back