Multiplat Rocket League

Remove this Banner Ad

Some dead set plebs though. One time I broke through and was nudging the ball forward. Made it to the box and was caressing the ball into goal then one of my idiotic teammates with tunnel vision hit his booster to score it himself. Smashed me at the same time and we got no score.
Ah, I see you've met The Big Sauce.

Unlocked Sweet Tooth last night. To unlock him you have to register a win with every vehicle.
Don't have to win I don't think. Just play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only thing that frustrates me with this game is when you're playing others online and they get paired with AI after someone drops out.

The AI is clearly at pro level and will hit every ball that they go up for. Whereas any human player isn't hitting at 100% so you are at a clear disadvantage going into the match. I'd rather they fine tune the AI to make it a bit human in comparison.

The only thing that frustrates me with this game is when you're playing others online and they get paired with AI after someone drops out.

The AI is clearly at pro level and will hit every ball that they go up for. Whereas any human player isn't hitting at 100% so you are at a clear disadvantage going into the match. I'd rather they fine tune the AI to make it a bit human in comparison.

This has been a massive issue when playing with 2 mates in a party. Often we'd find ourselves playing against 1 human and 2 AI until it found more people and the AI will cut the ball at ridiculous angles and score from the back half. One game we were down 4-0 in the first minute or so from ridiculous goals. Once more people were found we ended up losing 4-6 since the damage was done early.

The difference between 'rookie' and 'pro' is colossal. If you play on rookie the cars seem more concerned with scoring own goals than anything else. Play on pro and they're aimbots with perfect timing. There's no middle ground. The difficulty system is rubbish, to be honest, and it's the game's most prevalent problem from my perspective. I love the concept of an AI replacing dropouts, but the balancing system makes it impossible to do so without advantaging or disadvantaging one of the sides.

And here I was thinking the AI was actually pretty good. Turns out I know nothing :p

The AI on anything other than Rookie is too good. So that they are almost certainly leagues ahead of whoever they are replacing.

They may as well be wearing witches hats on Rookie difficulty.

After completing a season on rookie. I'm glad i got the 6 goals in a game trophy against you blokes, otherwise it would've been a cheap accomplishment. Had it on 2v2 and the only time a team scored against me was when my moron teammate would dribble the ball nearly the full length of the pitch for an own goal. You could start every match with multiple goals from kickoff before the AI would even attempt to contest it. I ended the season just scoring the first 3 goals and then driving around racking up the K's for the trophy.

Online with or without Bigfooty players is where the games at. Got 5 goals in a match last night before i joined you guys on Minecraft.

I love playing rocket league if anyone wants to party my psn is jksmiths
I'll be on again soon.

You're pretty good. Scored a few nice goals.

This has been a massive issue when playing with 2 mates in a party. Often we'd find ourselves playing against 1 human and 2 AI until it found more people and the AI will cut the ball at ridiculous angles and score from the back half. One game we were down 4-0 in the first minute or so from ridiculous goals. Once more people were found we ended up losing 4-6 since the damage was done early.
Mighty P this totally solves the issue of ******* Draxon and Echo.

I thought those guys were professional Rocket League players. Turns out, they probably were just AI

Does anyone find there is a difference between the sports cars and the bigger cars?

I think the bigger cars maybe jump higher and hit the ball harder?

I thought those guys were professional Rocket League players. Turns out, they probably were just AI

Draxon and Echo sound like bot names. Next time just tap L1 and look at the pings, bots will be on 0 ping. Usually it will say AI in their picture too but I've noticed that sometimes it will display the AI picture next to someone who I believe is playing from Steam and don't have a profile picture. I don't really have an issue with this when playing on my own since it obviously just drops me into a match with a spare slot, but when playing 3v3 with friends it doesn't always immediately find 3 opponents so we are often playing against 1 or 2 bots.

Haha, nah I doubt it, I checked their names on that stats screen mid-game and they didn't have the AI next to their names. Plus they had the "Pro" label under their names.

Those dudes were just beasts. Maybe Echo was a bot, but the other dude definitely wasn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back