Multiplat Rocket League

Remove this Banner Ad

Just played someone in Solo Ranked which had the title of "Season 2 Grand Champion" under his name. He beat me 13-2. I'm making the assumption I played the best rank dude from last season.

Bet he's having a sook about those two insanely brilliant goals I scored :cool:

Just played someone in Solo Ranked which had the title of "Season 2 Grand Champion" under his name. He beat me 13-2. I'm making the assumption I played the best rank dude from last season.

Bet he's having a sook about those two insanely brilliant goals I scored :cool:

Wow, what rank were you last season? Must be pretty high because I think MMR still has some bearing. Were you a purp?

Nah man I think I finished as Challenger 2. Dunno how I drew the short straw and copped him/her. But I enjoyed it because watching him/her was pretty impressive... his/her ability to jump off the wall, fly, then somehow manage to put the ball into the top corner happened way too often for it to be a fluke.

Nah man I think I finished as Challenger 2. Dunno how I drew the short straw and copped him/her. But I enjoyed it because watching him/her was pretty impressive... his/her ability to jump off the wall, fly, then somehow manage to put the ball into the top corner happened way too often for it to be a fluke.

If that was legitimately the number 1 ranked player a) The matchmaking is broke b) I can't believe you managed 2 goals against him!

I was rising star and even getting matched up with a superstar I'd get completely shut out haha

I just did some googling and apparently the grand champion title is "reserved for a very small percentage of players." So he/she may not have been number 1 but he/she was up there. His/her username is Abyss.

To be honest I got lucky with my two goals. Both were scored from the defensive half after a flukey save and he/she was caught out of position without a boost. And in the last minute I think he/she was taking the piss a little. It was 6-0 after the first minute.

Pretty unlucky for you haha, don't think I've come across a purp. Happy for it to stay that way. Should get a Bigfooty bracket going, though it seems like there's not too many here who are still playing :(

Pretty unlucky for you haha, don't think I've come across a purp. Happy for it to stay that way. Should get a Bigfooty bracket going, though it seems like there's not too many here who are still playing :(

I played last night. Got absolutely flogged. Seems the ranking resets have left all the good players playing against the common folk as they try to get their rankings back. It was horrid.

I played last night. Got absolutely flogged. Seems the ranking resets have left all the good players playing against the common folk as they try to get their rankings back. It was horrid.

I had 3 games in a row over 1000 points with my teammates having 110, 80 and 40 respectively... Lost all 3 by a goal and am now in scrub tier. The matchmaking system really doesn't help itself when that sort of thing happens. And I am by no means a great player.

The matchmaking will settle down though after a few weeks

I think they should just use the MMR they clearly use in casual games for the unranked games. Or you earn points based on where you finished and then your unranked games are against people in the same pool. At the moment it's just all angsty because good players are being mixed with awful players. Can't be fun for the blokes who are getting 50 points a game and barely a touch.

It isn't :(

Nah I had a few good games, but when it becomes an aerial fest, I'm done for

This is the issue I'm having in doubles, getting a teammate who straight up can't do a basic aerial. They may as well put their controller down and walk away the amount of help they are :p

Though I will say I have had games where my opponents had the same setup, one guy buzzing around doing SFA and the other guy engaging. Goals were basically always scored when the weak teammate dun goofed :p

This is the issue I'm having in doubles, getting a teammate who straight up can't do a basic aerial. They may as well put their controller down and walk away the amount of help they are :p

Though I will say I have had games where my opponents had the same setup, one guy buzzing around doing SFA and the other guy engaging. Goals were basically always scored when the weak teammate dun goofed :p

I can hit the odd one, but I'm not consistent. Even when I'm hitting them, I don't have the control that some people have. The guys flying around hitting aerials toward goal from near the roof do my head in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love how Rocket League gives me the largest potato's as teammates for my ranking games. Who leave after they score an own goal.

Last edited:
Since the update there's a rather large audible moaning coming in over the top of the gameplay sound. It sounds like heaps of zombies. At first it was bizarre and funny, but now it's just extremely irritating.

I'm on Xbox. It's happened to a mate as well. Has this happened to anyone else?

Love how Rocket League gives me the largest potato's as teammates for my ranking games. Who leave after they score an own goal.

I kept getting put into games with new players the other day, averaged between 1200-1700 points a game... I have 190 hours played. Well done RL

This trading items thing needs a tweak.

I got rid of all my uncommon items and turned them into 10 rare items, I turned those into two ultra rare items.

I got two of the exact same ultra rare toon trails. TWO! And ya know what, you can't do anything with a duplicate ultra rare item. I'm hardly keen to do it again because I'll probably end up with a third duplicate.

WHAT IS THE POINT.

I just played multiple solos and multiple individuals kept apologising when they bumped me. Is this a new thing? I'm not going to apologise when I bump them... in fact if I can do it to prevent them from scoring or help my goal sail through I'll do it every time. I accepted their apologies but I found it amusing.

I got rid of all my uncommon items and turned them into 10 rare items, I turned those into two ultra rare items.

I got two of the exact same ultra rare toon trails. TWO! And ya know what, you can't do anything with a duplicate ultra rare item. I'm hardly keen to do it again because I'll probably end up with a third duplicate.

WHAT IS THE POINT.

I traded all the way up to ultra rare as well. I like how you can trade your crap in but you get hardly get any drops.

WHAT IS THE POINT.

The randomness gods work in mysterious ways.

What's this "Savage!" "Calculated." rubbish clogging my screen? I don't have any chat options like that.

So for those who aren't entirely useless at aerials, do you use ball cam or not? I use ball cam and wondering if that's why I can't get the hang of it.
Ball cam for me 100% of the time. I tried switching to car cam for ariel's but found it to disorientating.

I just watched some of the championships on twitch. Man they're bloody impressive and man some people take games pretty seriously. The production itself and presentation was actually very high quality.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I just watched some of the championships on twitch. Man they're bloody impressive and man some people take games pretty seriously. The production itself and presentation was actually very high quality.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Channel name?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back