Multiplat Rocket League

picko

Hall of Famer
Jul 12, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
And the developers decide to risk the brilliance of this game with weekly grind challenges. fu** me they better not interfere with gameplay because if I'm getting teamed up with campaigners trying to grind challenges over competing this game just officially died

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dwwaino

Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
BVB, MVFC
And the developers decide to risk the brilliance of this game with weekly grind challenges. **** me they better not interfere with gameplay because if I'm getting teamed up with campaigners trying to grind challenges over competing this game just officially died
Where are the challenges? I haven't seen them, but agree I would be disappointed if they affect the game in anyway.

picko

Hall of Famer
Jul 12, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Challenges are fine. Its stuff like below. The Devs have said they don't want anthing to **** with gameplay. Its stuff like "say this quick chat x times" "play x games with y topper".

View attachment 652113
Fair enough. I didn't think they'd be stupid enough to risk the gameplay, but you never know.

Where are the challenges? I haven't seen them, but agree I would be disappointed if they affect the game in anyway.
They start with the next rocket pass on 17th april

dwwaino

Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
BVB, MVFC
Had a shocking night last night. Normally break even, but five straight losses was enough to call it for the night.

First game simply outplayed. One of the opposition players was a total beast.
Second game had a teammate that was doing things like calling for it on kick off and not going for it, one time even went late and deflected a shot straight into goal.
Third game my random teammate had ping issues and quit a minute in.
Fourth was a really good game. It was goal for goal until they went 5-4 ahead in the last 20 seconds.
Fifth I was getting frustrated from previous results and tried too hard and instead kept whiffing and being caught out of position.

Hopefully tonight I have one of those nights where everything I touch turns to gold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Xtreme

Hall of Famer
Jul 21, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
My Xbox version has gone a bit backward since the last patch. I've noticed that the audio during games has been altered (may have to reinstall or something ?). The sound effects level seems boosted - interacting with the ball (be it hitting it against the wall, scoring a goal, smacking into other cars etc). But there's no longer any atmosphere in the matches themselves (eg: can't hear the crowd noise etc).

It's bizarre

I booted the game up on the Switch before just as a test and I'm getting the audio as it should be.

jwint43

All Australian
Aug 17, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
My Xbox version has gone a bit backward since the last patch. I've noticed that the audio during games has been altered (may have to reinstall or something ?). The sound effects level seems boosted - interacting with the ball (be it hitting it against the wall, scoring a goal, smacking into other cars etc). But there's no longer any atmosphere in the matches themselves (eg: can't hear the crowd noise etc).

It's bizarre

I booted the game up on the Switch before just as a test and I'm getting the audio as it should be.

Yeah its happened on PC too, it sounds like the stadium is empty when you hit the ball and has a really weird echo sound to it. I've been playing it since it came out and every update the sound goes weird for a while and they usually fix it.

dwwaino

Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
BVB, MVFC
I always have Spotify on when I play so haven't noticed the audio thing.

Had a shocker last night. With Rocket Pass back the smurfs are out in force.

Xtreme

Hall of Famer
Jul 21, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah its happened on PC too, it sounds like the stadium is empty when you hit the ball and has a really weird echo sound to it. I've been playing it since it came out and every update the sound goes weird for a while and they usually fix it.
I didn't notice it on pc until yesterday, I thought it was normal then... wait a tick it's too quiet just like on the Xbox lol.

Quick screenshot of my pc stats. Attempting to get them up a bit (embarrassingly low as I don't play it on pc as much as Xbox or the Switch or PS4 for that matter).

Last edited:

PerfectFooty

Perfect Cell
Apr 23, 2013
Benalla
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Williamstown Seagulls
"obviously not any skill if you have to bump"

then

"I hate it when players complain when they get bumped, it's part of the game"

lol

I have no idea why, but i try to bring an AFL mindset when it comes to rocket league. If i can block some dude from getting the ball so my teammate can have a shot i'll go for it every day of the week

dwwaino

Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
BVB, MVFC
I have no idea why, but i try to bring an AFL mindset when it comes to rocket league. If i can block some dude from getting the ball so my teammate can have a shot i'll go for it every day of the week
If my teammate is dribbling I'll try it, and I always look for it when the opposition is centring, but besides those times I always miss because I'm glued to ball cam. Probably run into my own teammate more when cycling back to defence and tracking a ball though :eek:

dwwaino

Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
BVB, MVFC
Also "stop chasing the ball"
I still remember one game I had a teammate who ball chased everything. If it was in defence and I was launching to clear it into our half he would come in sideways, if I was taking a shot he'd crash into me. Then randomly he told me to "stop ballchasing noob". I thought he was trolling but he kept at it. When I finally called him up on it he had a tantrum and started knocking in own goals. After that I called him a brat and he said he reported me for abuse lol.

Rocket League community can be horribly toxic.

picko

Hall of Famer
Jul 12, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't normally report anyone in games, I usually just filter it out. But this game is horrible, I report anyone that swears at me. This is the most satisfying screen to login to:

View attachment 664484
Yeah I'll report campaigners that are going over the top or scoring in own goal/sitting around doing nothing after going down 2 quick goals or s**t like that.

Having said that, nothing better than running a train on campaigners who get mouthy after 2-3 early goals and spamming the fu** out of them in the chat

dwwaino

Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
BVB, MVFC
I don't normally report anyone in games, I usually just filter it out. But this game is horrible, I report anyone that swears at me. This is the most satisfying screen to login to:

View attachment 664484
Lol I do that too, love that screen. I admit that sometimes I might encourage it a bit by saying things like "please don't use that sort of language".

Top Bottom