Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Enjoying watching the LPL Pro on TV recently

What rank is everyone on here that plays?

I'm fluctuating between D1 and D2 in both 2's and 3's. Mind you I do have 600 hours now...
Reached Champ 1 (in rumble) for the first time recently.

I’ve played over 1000 matches and have no idea what you’re all talking about.

Could have sworn someone wrote in here recently that they've clocked 600+ hours on Rocket League. I've played it a lot.... but only 222 hours (just checked) on Xbox. I reckon maybe 150ish hours combined on the rest (pc/ps4/switch).

Feb 2, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Randoms, clearly. Not fair being BOG in a losing game and getting demoted because your s**t teammate can't even clear a ground ball :worried:

You’re always in the rank you deserve to be in. The game is naturally frustrating at times, but the rank system is one of the fairest systems I’ve seen in a game.

Last edited:

carn tigez

Premiership Player
May 24, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
You’re always in the rank you deserve to be in. The game is naturally frustrating at times, but the rank system is one of the fairest systems I’ve seen in a game.

Yeah...you always feel like you are slightly below, because once you hit that level you start being more reliant on teammates being good rather than yourself, and then how good your teammate is begins to impact your rank more than you do, which leads to rage and frustration when you get a series of 's**t' teammates, who are likely at your level or maybe slightly below.

I have felt always slightly below the technical ability of my rank, but think I have great tactical nous and reliability on angled shots + defence which has compensated for my lack of technical. But it means when paired with a teammate who can't complement my style, I'm cooked. I guess this happens to players of all styles, and as you mentioned you end up where you should be regardless.

Feb 2, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah...you always feel like you are slightly below, because once you hit that level you start being more reliant on teammates being good rather than yourself, and then how good your teammate is begins to impact your rank more than you do, which leads to rage and frustration when you get a series of 's**t' teammates, who are likely at your level or maybe slightly below.

I have felt always slightly below the technical ability of my rank, but think I have great tactical nous and reliability on angled shots + defence which has compensated for my lack of technical. But it means when paired with a teammate who can't complement my style, I'm cooked. I guess this happens to players of all styles, and as you mentioned you end up where you should be regardless.

Absolutely dead on.

I always feel below my rank because I cannot aerial to save my life, and because of this I’m not very attacking. So I get shown up a lot at C1 rank. Sometimes I get as low as D1 but that’s because I’m just not playing well enough which is fine.

My lack of aerial ability is probably made up for in how I read the play and defending, but I think this alone can’t take me much higher than C1 unfortunately. I generally

Jul 12, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I swear this game can hear me. After a few weeks of laggy games and a resultant plummet back to Plat 1, I mentioned it was time to give it up and move on to something else. Last three nights car has felt amazing and I was 2 games away from Diamond 2 before a few losses to finish the night last night. It has to be the ultimate love/hate game...

Feb 2, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Was D3 div 4 on Saturday, and beat a couple C1’s in my 1st of the day. I was feeling pretty good at getting back to Champ. Proceeded to lose 12 in a row to fall to D1. Never seen anything like it. Taken 2 days to get myself back to D3 but I’m still a long way off now.

Playing on the PS4 version more regularly, after being 80% in terms of win rate.... I'm now around the 74-75% margin, and have dropped from gold to bronze level. I guess I've already reached my high point lol.

I played against a guy that kept calling his teammate trash with every little error that happened. He did the majority of the scoring on their team. My team won 4 - 2. The very next match, I got that same guy as MY teammate (grr lol). I made one stuff up in the first minute and he called me trash among other insults. We were losing 3 - 1 after the first two minutes and he rage quits.

He should have stuck around as I improved my timing a lot during the match AND the opponents went a little downhill (maybe they felt sorry for me and didn't want me to quit being on my own ?). Two quick goals where I caught them out of position brought the game to a tense final 90 seconds.They attempted to pepper my goal with powerful scoring shots, but would connect the ball with the wall..... I would knock it away and in that final minute.... I scored two goals to win 5 - 3 :D.

Achieved Diamond 2!

Think ive reached my potential now for RL without devoting my life to it.

3C8CDF94-BC30-4350-ADBC-D22B83AB90AC.jpeg

Just had a 1 v1 competitive match. Got off to a 3 - 0 lead, first goal was luck... at the kick off we collided, he blew up and the ball was in the air heading to my goal. Usually an easy goal for my opponent but I timed the backward flip perfectly to save the ball AND waltzed to my goal for an easy score.

Two more goals came. Then he started grtting on a run... I scored again, he replied and then sent "holy s**t you're bad". I replied back "but I'm winning?" - an easy shutdown..... if my skills are bad his are way worse.

I won 6 - 3.

Back