Remove this Banner Ad

GeelongFTW

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australian Cricket Team,
Some tool was trash talking to my friend and I for no real reason despite it being our warm-up and cycling through 3rd team members (0-4 loss). Of course we we were giving it back just as hard. In the inevitable rematch we slapped up him and his cronies; all while spamming "great clear' and the like.:p Even the random (who spawned in at the end of the previous match) was going in on the festivities!

Oh in the previous match the guy made a snide comment '10-0'. Three guesses what the final score of the rematch was...

Xtreme

Hall of Famer
Jul 21, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Some tool was trash talking to my friend and I for no real reason despite it being our warm-up and cycling through 3rd team members (0-4 loss). Of course we we were giving it back just as hard. In the inevitable rematch we slapped up him and his cronies; all while spamming "great clear' and the like.:p Even the random (who spawned in at the end of the previous match) was going in on the festivities!

Oh in the previous match the guy made a snide comment '10-0'. Three guesses what the final score of the rematch was...
Those games are the best. I have improved a lot but still not amazing (aerial defending still a weakness). But i love walloping a smart arse that says I'm crap.

GeelongFTW

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australian Cricket Team,
Those games are the best. I have improved a lot but still not amazing (aerial defending still a weakness). But i love walloping a smart arse that says I'm crap.
Im not the best at aerial defense either but what i like to do is try to flip mid-air to reach the ball (to cover my average 'positioning'). Also, heatseeker throws you into the deep end in that respect...

YippeeYiYeo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Were now required to link Rocket League with Epic Games account. Bit tedious tbh. Still fcking around with it amd cant play until the stupid sh*t communicates with each other.

bourbons

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
If anyone needs an ego boost, jump into casual for a bit :p

I did to get the weekly reward thing for winning a match in a casual playlist. I'm no superstar, been bouncing between Gold 3 and Plat 1 - but with the influx of new free-to-play players, can confirm I am now a living god in casual :tearsofjoy:

Xtreme

Hall of Famer
Jul 21, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If anyone needs an ego boost, jump into casual for a bit :p

I did to get the weekly reward thing for winning a match in a casual playlist. I'm no superstar, been bouncing between Gold 3 and Plat 1 - but with the influx of new free-to-play players, can confirm I am now a living god in casual :tearsofjoy:
Explains why I've been on a hot streak in recent days!

Although I tend to have a week where my timing is off and mistime everything, then a week where I nail everything (attack and defence).

Dockerjonz

Club Legend
May 27, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Benfica,Canucks
With this free to play sh*te I'm getting teamed up with the most clueless farks going around in ranked.Set up shots on goal only to find teammates being farkin' goalies-literally had to abuse them to get them outta goals. Bordering on constantly rage inducing this game now

Xtreme

Hall of Famer
Jul 21, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
With this free to play sh*te I'm getting teamed up with the most clueless farks going around in ranked.Set up shots on goal only to find teammates being farkin' goalies-literally had to abuse them to get them outta goals. Bordering on constantly rage inducing this game now
I'm loving it

Platinum in 2v2 and solo duel 😄😄😄
Glad there are people worse than I am, I'm ranking up faster.

Xtreme

Hall of Famer
Jul 21, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just had a 3 v 3 match where my teammates blamed me for being thrashed. They had 400 - 200ish points betwen them, while I was rocking it on 6, 8 and eventually 56 points (hey I'm entitled to have an off game where I mistime things). My ping said it was 27, but I swear it was lagging on my end..... when I'd run over a boost, it wouldn't register for a few seconds after. It was funny at the end, I used chat to tell the other team that my teammates let ME down :p. My teammates abused me after that as well :D :p.

I followed up that with a competitive 1 v 1 duel, which I won 9 - 5.

Having a bit of fun (depending on who is in the game at the time). Someone was using the DeLorean.... so whenever he scored I'd type 1.21 GIGAWATTS..... or "his flux capacitor is now in overdrive", "to block his shots at goal you need to travel 88mph". Got a few LOL responses :p

Xtreme

Hall of Famer
Jul 21, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Too funny had a 3 v 3 against a team on the Xbox version. As I haven't touched the Xbox version in yonks my rank has disappeared. Played against a team of high flying smart arses, who were 5 - 1 up. They mocked my 6 points (it was only the first minute of the game and mind you their goals came from my team's stuff ups, bumping each other off the path to block the ball etc).

We got it to 6 - 6 and overtime............................

I scored the winning goal AND became the MVP of the match. Much gloating ensued, and the main guy that was trolling me and my weak effort throughout the match continued potting me over Xbox messenger. I engaged back saying last I checked we won, AND I then screenshotted my current match where I was leading 6 - 1, saying I can't engage with him any longer as I'm too busy winning :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 29, 2010
¯\_(シ)_/¯
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LAL-MMA-Victory-CFC-Seahawks
Psyonix/Epic have absolutely nailed this NFL game mode. Its exactly what I was hoping that spike rush mode would be. Hopefully it makes its way back into permanent play once the event is over. Have basically quit the game since the change to how you unlock items, but this mode would bring me back.

Dockerjonz

Club Legend
May 27, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Benfica,Canucks
Too funny had a 3 v 3 against a team on the Xbox version. As I haven't touched the Xbox version in yonks my rank has disappeared. Played against a team of high flying smart arses, who were 5 - 1 up. They mocked my 6 points (it was only the first minute of the game and mind you their goals came from my team's stuff ups, bumping each other off the path to block the ball etc).

We got it to 6 - 6 and overtime............................

I scored the winning goal AND became the MVP of the match. Much gloating ensued, and the main guy that was trolling me and my weak effort throughout the match continued potting me over Xbox messenger. I engaged back saying last I checked we won, AND I then screenshotted my current match where I was leading 6 - 1, saying I can't engage with him any longer as I'm too busy winning :D
Love it when the fanbois base your skills on your points😂

Xtreme

Hall of Famer
Jul 21, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
One recent 3 v 3 was kind of funny as my teams goals were scored as a result of defending the other teams attacking shots at goal. One literally deflected off the car at our defending end goal line and managed to sail through to their goal. The other two goals were similar but had wall assistance as well.

Had a 2 v 2 where we started slow (0 -2 when the clock still had 4:32). Ended up winning 5 - 3 and getting a message claiming I was salty during the game. My reply was simple - why would I be salty when we won ?

Had a 1 v 1 game that was similar to above, where I was down 0 - 2 in the first 30 seconds. Mostly because of being out positioned (I chose to protect space instead of contesting/blocking his run). Once I started playing the man (aka destroying the car) at key moments, I was able to catch up and lead 5 - 2 before he quit.

Xtreme

Hall of Famer
Jul 21, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I've given myself the nickname of Randy Orton, as I seem to be destroying those with the "Legend" tag under their profile (aka so I'm a Legend Killer... original I know :p). Just beat someone 8 - 2 (11 shots on goal to 2). They got an early lead, then I piled on 7 goals in a row.

Remove this Banner Ad