Multiplat Rocket League

Remove this Banner Ad

Mickleboy calculating Xtremes win rate against his rank.

My true rank would be the Xbox version (63-64%) as I started playing that one first.

As I added the ps4, pc and switch editions to my collection, I guess my skill level was at a point where I was competent enough with the physics to not drop games early and retain the high percentage for as long as possible.

When epic took over and we were able to merge our game progress into one epic account (so all dlc can be used across the ecosystem regardless of platform) we were able to pick whichever platform had the best stats as the "main" account for the epic profile - naturally I went with the Switch version as that was the best in terms of win ratio :p. I was unable to merge the xbox account to the same epic games profile as I already had an older epic games account attached to the same email that is attached to my xbox gaming account. I had to re buy the dlc that I had on Xbox but not the other systems!

I actually play the game the best on the Switch. I find the pro controller gives me the best 'control' of the car. I should game on it more often than I used to... but the reduced frame rate annoys me.

My return to 70% lasted half a day, dropped the only 2 games I played last night to be back on 69.9%. One was a loss in the first 20 seconds of overtime 3 v 3, the second was a 7 - 3 loss in 2 v 2.

Mickleboy calculating Xtremes win rate against his rank.

tenor.gif

Mate even my engineering qualifications are failing me with this one 😅

My true rank would be the Xbox version (63-64%) as I started playing that one first.

Again you don't seem to be grasping that EVERYONES true rank should be where they are near 50% :p

Thought it might make sense that you've played on several platforms and thus would have been smurfing against bronze players for some of that time.

Again you don't seem to be grasping that EVERYONES true rank should be where they are near 50% :p

Thought it might make sense that you've played on several platforms and thus would have been smurfing against bronze players for some of that time.

Under the old system (before free to play kicked in) every season reset meant ranking up took forever (the 10 default games before the rank kicked in, followed by a few after).

Since free to play was established, a gold (or platinum) is obtainable before those 10 wins are completed (granted if you lose a chunk of those, the climb up is longer)

I'm a stats driven person more than overall rank. So I'm content with keeping my averages steady while winning the occasional tournament.

Under the old system (before free to play kicked in) every season reset meant ranking up took forever (the 10 default games before the rank kicked in, followed by a few after).

Since free to play was established, a gold (or platinum) is obtainable before those 10 wins are completed (granted if you lose a chunk of those, the climb up is longer)

I'm a stats driven person more than overall rank. So I'm content with keeping my averages steady while winning the occasional tournament.

I've played since it launched in 2015. The old system still tracked your MMR so the season reset didn't really have that much of an impact other than not showing your rank for 10 games.

Geez what a night to be on-90%of me games had teammate chasing absolutely everything even s**t that I was controlling /ready to set up haha 😂

Geez what a night to be on-90%of me games had teammate chasing absolutely everything even sh*t that I was controlling /ready to set up haha 😂

Without comms it can be pretty hard to tell who's set up for what. If I lose comms with people I play with all the time we will still end up cutting each other off.

Another one to the 'don't understand your stats' file lol. Gold tourney rank puts you bottom 15% of all players. You are a genuine enigma.

Could be worse, at least it's not a bronze tournament.

I got booted to Platinum 1 in a 2 v 2 warm up match loss before the 3 v 3 event tonight. Then went on a run to the semis. The 2 v 2 tournament was just about to start when we lost, so I figured I'd join. We went through to the final with much trouble. But once the final hit we were slaughtered in the first leg 7 - 2. Second leg was a sliw start but we still went down 3 - 2.

On the Xbox I'm in Platinum tournaments most of the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

9 nights in a row

9 2nd place finishes :(

aq8FNMd.png

This one we were the top team at the end of the semi finals. The semi final itself went down to the wire 3 - 2 leg 1, won in over time 3 - 2 by the skin of our teeth. Leg 3 was a 7 - 1 domination.

The final was a complete disaster. Lost 2 - 1 in leg 1. And lost in overtime in leg 2 3 - 2. Probably shouldn't have gotten so close in the final match as they had so many shots at goal that we fluke defended, the score should have been 12 - 2.

Interesting, you must have to win one to actually go up? I would have thought that many runner-ups would be enough to push you up a rank regardless.

Due the amount of matches I have played it takes minmum 4 wins in a row to improve on the stats side of things, not focusing on the game rank. 1 or 2 losses in a row removes the progress made.

Well in that regard you should be more concerned with getting out of gold rather than farming meaningless wins against scrubs 😛

I'd rather be an SL with a 55% WR than a plat with 70%!

Well in that regard you should be more concerned with getting out of gold rather than farming meaningless wins against scrubs 😛

I'd rather be an SL with a 55% WR than a plat with 70%!

As luck would have it, I'm now in platinum rank 3 v 3 tournament matches on pc :p. I've been platinum 2 v 2 on pc for quite a while. But it's nice to be on the same level across different accounts.

And no win is meaningless regardless of the quality of the opposition!!

Well my "runners up" streak ended a few days ago (runner up in 12 finals in a row!!).

Took a break from Elden Ring tonight and in tonights 3 v 3 tournament

THE TOURNAMENT WINNING DROUGHT HAS BEEN BROKEN

F6wMjKh.png

msIfLWs.png

co7C3bj.png

It was smooth sailing up until the final itself, we were the top 3 team leading up to the semi, beat the top rated team in semi 1 (to basically become the top rated team ourselves in the final). Won the first final easily, LOST the second final just as easily as we won the first. The deciding leg was epic, we shot off to a 2 - 0 lead. But they pegged it back, got it to 3 - 2 with 8 seconds left thanks to a quick fire goal by myself. They sent it to overtime with a goal at the kick off.

The over time leg was so bloody tense, missed shots at goal by both teams, but we scored a very lucky goal to get the win!!!

23nR.gif

Did ya thank your teammates for the carry? 5 goals and 1 save in 6 games certainly isn't helping your gaudy stats haha.

received_1818164035056345.jpeg

Speaking of gaudy stats, Cam Zurhaar gave me this gift in a doubles game a couple weeks ago. 😅

Did ya thank your teammates for the carry? 5 goals and 1 save in 6 games certainly isn't helping your gaudy stats haha.

Speaking of gaudy stats, Cam Zurhaar gave me this gift in a doubles game a couple weeks ago. 😅

I was playing an enforcer role, went a bit demo mad (targeted each teams more aggressive player). As stats focused as I can be.... I can also play my role and not get in the way of my teammates.

I know when to "go" and when to play it safe (well mostly, sometimes I'll do the silly Fifa thing and bring myself forward and stuff up the block).

I did many defensive sweeps that would have been saves if I stayed in the goal line!

Getting accused of throwing a game is always fun, never mind the fact that I was the sole goal scorer in round 1 of the tournament only to get outplayed convincingly in round 2. I scored 2 "own goals" according to them, one was a jumping attempted block, instead of hitting the front of the car, it bounced off the roof and behind me straight into goal. The second "own goal" was an attempted clear (blocked a shot at goal, then rode the ball along the wall, nudging it to the center of the field, but it was gobbled up by the opposition who then slotted it in the goal because nobody was guarding the goal at the time).

KtgG1LW.png

First tournament win of season 6 on the Xbox :p I should play the Xbox version more often than I currently do.

I don't know why but sometimes it feels like the game play slows down a tad, like the ball floats a bit longer, the jumps seem more airborne. It's hard to explain, but it's like the difference between having a microsecond to react/defend against a close shot at goal vs getting ready to defend a shot that was attempted from the center line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back