Multiplat Rocket League

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I don't mind when a teammate makes sure one of my shots on target goes in if there is a slight chance it could be saved in because I'd rather score than not, but I do get a bit annoyed when it's an open goal and they claim it lol. I'm pretty diplomatic in Rocket League, always answer "Sorry!" With "No problem" lol. And if an oppo almost saves a great shot I'll say "close one!" Though "what a save!" Always sounds passive aggressive even if you're trying to complement a legitimately good save lol.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Plat 3 div 2 with my new controls and camera. Power sliding feels awkward AF. Camera was hardest to get the hang of but I'm happy with it now. I'm getting better reads and making better plays than before. A few costly whiffs in defence from muscle memory causing me to hit the wrong buttons in a panic but I feel like it was some needed tweaks and once they become second nature I'll be able to make that jump to diamond.

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty
What makes me melt is when I do 3v3 in high diamond rank, and my teammates are a party of 2 but the 2nd person is a *en gold or plat. They are utter trash and it's nearly impossible to win with that person missing the ball and going for the boost when the oppos are about to shoot and many other s**t plays. the game shouldn't even let 2 people party up in 3v3 if the rank gap is too great imo. it's fine if it's their whole team but otherwise they are just screwing over the random 3rd person that gets paired with them

Last edited:
Just made it to the final 4 in tonights tournament. It was epic, considering in our first game someone wanted to forfeit when we were 0 - 2 down (we went on to win 5 - 2). Won our next few matches to reach the semi final stage. Which we won 5-0 in the first leg (I had a blinder 3 goals, 5 saves... my one excellent game for the month has happened.... won't have another until June lol). Two of the three goals I scored were reflex/rebound shots after someone tried to score I was able to deflect and it wound up going high and long into the other goal.

We lost the following 2 matches of the semi final (the deciding game fittingly went into overtime........ which we lost in 10 seconds haha).

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just hit Diamond 2 in 2v2's for the first time. I'm hanging in there and haven't been relegated yet. Can hold my own but can't dominate games like I used to.

Don't know what's going on, but with tonight's games I was in rare form where my timing was pretty good (both attack and defence). Tonights tournament was pretty good another semi final appearance where we got thrashed (third person decided to leave after the QF which meant the semi final was 2 v 3.... we did ok for the first 4 minutes of the first leg..... got it from 0 - 2 to 3-3. before dropping it 5 - 3 and then losing the next leg 3 - 0).First game was a nailbiter, I gave myself the goalie role.... managed to get 3 saves and we held on to win. Got 4 - 6 saves in the next few games, my timing and basic jump ariels were on target lol.

This is just some antics from my last match (tired eyes meaning reflexes actually wavered sadly just when I felt like recording) some 1 v 1 action. Started off 0 - 2 down......... recovered well for my opponent to forfeit after a few goals. No fancy tricks it was more a game of making mistakes and scoring from them.

Rocket League blooper of the night

Wasn't paying attention at the time, but I got the ball and used the wall for a good pass that led to a goal.............. I was happy with my effort, until I saw that I assisted the opposition team in scoring :p (when I centered the ball, I neglected to look at the colour of the goal end I was in, WHOOPS!!). We still won 4 - 3 in the end.

Might actually grab a Camaro

Edit: maybe not. Customization is pretty limited. You need to have a race livery on the cars. You also have to buy the NASCAR pack.

The licensed packs mostly suck these days. Can make very little changes to them. Back when they first started they had a bit more freedom :(

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I regularly come up against a player in ~plat 2 named Jerk who is awesome at demos, drives a van and has this as his Steam profile image lol. Drives me insane but also much respect.

images (42).jpeg

Mar 25, 2009
The Tower
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’ve had the
Dominos GT striker certified
Dissolver livery certified

for a long long time

People used to always ask to trade the dissolver before the cool liveries were more common.

Only time I change it is to the ugly sweater livery for Christmas. Goes well with the obnoxious “ho ho ho”from my boost

Mar 25, 2009
The Tower
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I regularly come up against a player in ~plat 2 named Jerk who is awesome at demos, drives a van and has this as his Steam profile image lol. Drives me insane but also much respect.

View attachment 1120364

Played some casual duos with a friend last night who would be lucky to be silver. I’m diamond 2 (probably shouldn’t be) atm so ranked is out of the question. Did an accidental demo and I got quite the salty “wow” repeatedly. Sooooo guess what I kept doing... Needless to say they weren’t happy with my demos

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Played some casual duos with a friend last night who would be lucky to be silver. I’m diamond 2 (probably shouldn’t be) atm so ranked is out of the question. Did an accidental demo and I got quite the salty “wow” repeatedly. Sooooo guess what I kept doing... Needless to say they weren’t happy with my demos

Demos are annoying but it's a part of the game and good demos can be game changing. I don't know why people whinge about them. I'll always look for one on transition from attack to defence as the other team are usually only looking forward to score and not at me from behind. Then there are players who are just really awesome at it and it gives you something else to consider while playing against them.

Back