Multiplat Rocket League

Remove this Banner Ad

Like I was saying, great way to ensure you will peak at plat 😅

Your constant put downs of my skill level have done nothing to dampen my enthusiasm of the game. I readily admit I'll never get to grand champion or above. I've been diamond a few times but I don't play consistently enough to maintain that kind of rank (yet my win % is still decent at 69.2% on pc/switch/ps4). That's more because I occasionally fail to execute the basic fundamentals (get caught out while defending, the amount of times I've gone slightly out of the goal square only for the ball to bounce just behind me = grr lol). I know my limitations hence why I'll rank up in solo matches (that way I'm not pissing off too many people when playing 2 v 2 or 3 v 3).

This is a save I got tonight, not great but oh well.
Xtreme you should try the software it's good, it's called "gif your game"

View attachment 1403267

Nah that was pretty good, I love trying to chase down a ball, just getting ahead of it and then attempting to stop it with a backflip, when it works.... it works great. Of course, mistime it and you look rather silly lol. But attempting the backflip save saves the few seconds it takes to try and spin around before the ball hits the goal line.

I've been catching balls on the rebound (off walls or other car bumps) a lot lately, then connecting the ball on the rebound for a goal. I actually did it while defending last night (it was a pretty flukey pinball reaction save, player attempted the shot - I block it, he rebounds my defensive lob for another shot, it hits the wall and would have gone completely in, had I not hit it away.

Your constant put downs of my skill level have done nothing to dampen my enthusiasm of the game. I readily admit I'll never get to grand champion or above. I've been diamond a few times but I don't play consistently enough to maintain that kind of rank (yet my win % is still decent at 69.2% on pc/switch/ps4). That's more because I occasionally fail to execute the basic fundamentals (get caught out while defending, the amount of times I've gone slightly out of the goal square only for the ball to bounce just behind me = grr lol). I know my limitations hence why I'll rank up in solo matches (that way I'm not pissing off too many people when playing 2 v 2 or 3 v 3).

Sorry for coming across that way, just hard to see you giving bad advice to a new player and not butt in.

What rank are you ?
I'm by no means a great player, just low Champ. Just saying it simply isn't feasible to play without aerials above the lowest levels.

Last edited:
Sorry for coming across that way, just hard to see you giving bad advice to a new player and not butt in.

I'm by no means a great player, just low Champ. Just saying it simply isn't feasible to play without aerials above the lowest levels.
Yeah I know, I'm champ 1 myself

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn't telling him to copy my playstyle though! He'll figure out what works for him and the best way to counter opposition tactics.
I'm a bit on the fence, ground players are so annoying to play against, in a good way, but that kinda goes out the window at diamond-champ ish LVL

omgfridge can vouch I struggle against those types of players 😬

Yeah I know, I'm champ 1 myself
Champ 1 in what mode.... Letting ya mate play for ya again ;)

I'm a bit on the fence, ground players are so annoying to play against, in a good way, but that kinda goes out the window at diamond-champ ish LVL

omgfridge can vouch I struggle against those types of players 😬
Conceding a last second winner is also your kryptonite.

qTgqIIR.png

Monday night 2 v 2 tournament victory :p

I think the key to this victory was that we didn't face "quality" opposition until the final itself. I scored my fair share of goals throughout (5 in round 1, 2 in round 2, 3 in the QF, 3 in the SF and 6 in the final). The matches/rounds where I performed poorly in front of goal, I made up for it by centering the ball and helping my teammate slot it in.

The semi final was the only "blemish" where we lost the first round, but bounced back to win the following 2 legs.
The final was extremely tight, we got smashed in leg 1 (4-1), but legs 2 and 3 we bounced back to win. The final leg was epic, didn't expect to win (figured they'd over power us like in leg 1, but we kept tight defensively and held our nerve, and scored when it was our turn).

There were a few cool moments

Haven't done very well in the tournaments since the win on Monday night, did have a crack at a 3 v 3 tournament and we made it to the final......... but one person left our group which made it a 2 v 3 and we got thrashed as a result lol. Almost at diamond level in 3 v 3 competitive, will likely take a while to get back "there" as I went on a winning streak.... and a 5 game losing streak which has bumped me back down late gold/early platinum (give or take a win or loss when it happens).

I've tried playing tonight, I have no idea what's going on - my timing is completely off - yet the ping seems normal. It's as though the reaction time on the tv is off vs what's happening in the game play ? I've tried turning game mode off and back on, still no difference. Very off putting :(.

WooHoo finally a tournament winner, made my first final last night and won (3v3), then straight after made my second final (2v2) but we lost.

3v3 was a breeze, 2 forfeits in the early rounds, tough semi that went to ET of game 3, final felt inevitable, wasn't a problem.

2v2 i got matched with one of the guys i just won 3v3 with and we made it to the final but got done by a better team. we won 12-2 in a 2 on 1 (they don't kick idlers in tournaments?) which probably brought some complacency in to be honest.

iuq7SVQ.png

WooHoo finally a tournament winner, made my first final last night and won (3v3), then straight after made my second final (2v2) but we lost.

3v3 was a breeze, 2 forfeits in the early rounds, tough semi that went to ET of game 3, final felt inevitable, wasn't a problem.

2v2 i got matched with one of the guys i just won 3v3 with and we made it to the final but got done by a better team. we won 12-2 in a 2 on 1 (they don't kick idlers in tournaments?) which probably brought some complacency in to be honest.
Good stuff!!

I've had a few instances where my team would get a bye in round 1, the wait for round 2 is tedious and I'm always like.... I hope my team doesn't get sick of waiting and just move on to another game.

Have also had the easy 2 v 1 or 3 v 2 or 3 v 1 matches... then get done like a dinner in the first real challenge.

Had a 2 v 2 tournament last night where we both did the right things, defended well, just couldn't convert.... Ended up conceding the winning goal with 30 seconds left. We had 3 shots at goal to level it....but failed.

Surely this game has been voted most frustrating since it's inception 😂

Did another 2 v 2 tournament tonight

We smashed the first round opponent 11 - 1

We lost in round 2 7 - 0

:(

I think it was because my teammate got annoyed that he had a microphone and I didn't, he let the first 3 goals go in before he started trying :-/

Haha yep,sometimes you get teammates that you just gel with without communication and then there's others where no matter how hard you try it just ends up being chite

Remove this Banner Ad

Back