Multiplat Rocket League

Remove this Banner Ad

I was surprised that I wasn't abandones. I haven't ditched a tournament because of it. I have lost in the second round after being the only one who waited. It's painful waiting for round 2, losing and then not being able to enter the decond chance tournament due to the time lapse.

The rewards aren't worth twiddling your thumbs for IMO

Made the final of another 2 v 2 match, I knew we were up against it (13 goals from r1 to the final vs the other team that scored 26...... they were in third place and they beat the team that had 38 goals in their semi final). Putrid defence in the final cost us dearly, we went 0 - 3 down pretty quickly. I defended semi decently throughout the tournament (3 saves per match average) but got caught out of position frequently (tried to push forward to make things happen). Ended up losing 3 - 5, scored one really good goal to make it 3 - 1.... they scored another 2 goals, which meant the final 2 goals I scored were basically the rocket league version of junk time goals.

We lost 1 - 4 in the second leg.

So close to getting a season 7 win and yet so far!

Had a little laugh on a 2v2 tourney on weekend,we were on the countdown screen ,Oppo player txts "how's the f150 like"(they were in the octane) I said "yeah not too bad"(I use with a kayak topper as ive got triton ute n yak)
Unfortunately for them I was beasting this round could do no wrong-we were 5-0 up with half the game to go then I see the text top left corner "sold" haha😂

Then typical RL fashion everything went to s**t next round for us😁

Had a massive match last night, check out the scoring shots, just couldn't get them into the back of the net :(

i5aov63.png

Played the 2 v 2 tournament tonight, my teammate ends up cracking it with me and is like "bro ur such a ball chaser". We end up recovering to win 5 - 3. My reply once the match was done "well looks like you're stuck with me for at least one more round!!!".

We did lose the next round though lol.

I went back to the 89 Batmobile before, seems I can control that car better (or I've just got the car change confidence boost ? that seems to happen a bit) timing is better than it was earlier tonight AND throughout this week. Have won 5 3 v 3 competitive matches in a row so far.

Had a teammate in today's plat tournament with 4,500 hours of RL, well over 10x what I have. Assumed he'd be elite and carry us towards the final. Nope, dude missed the ball 80% of the time and did weak/nothing hits the other 20%, finished under 100 points in a 3-2 overtime loss to an okay three man premade. Drunk, letting his little brother play, or left his RL running 24/7 for months are my guesses...

Had a teammate in today's plat tournament with 4,500 hours of RL, well over 10x what I have. Assumed he'd be elite and carry us towards the final. Nope, dude missed the ball 80% of the time and did weak/nothing hits the other 20%, finished under 100 points in a 3-2 overtime loss to an okay three man premade. Drunk, letting his little brother play, or left his RL running 24/7 for months are my guesses...

I'm on 1597 hours on Xbox
Add another 426 on pc
Unsure of Switch/Psn times... but that's a lot of days lol.

Back when I played Fifa religiously I'd either game for 60 or 120 hours in between the release of the yearly installments (at least 30 in the first month before interest tapers off).

EDIT - Thursday night tournament VICTORY
djokovic-djokovic-celebration.gif

xnOa9Dc.png

My teammate was a bit of a prick - EVERY single game where the opponent scored (regardless if we were 1 goal or 5+ goals up) he'd initiate a forfeit. But his level of w***ery didn't reach it's peak until the final itself, we won the first leg convincingly. And we were ahead in the second leg 3 - 1. 3 - 2 and he started what a saving when I was out of position..... 3 - 3, he gave up the ghost and started making the final 3 v 1. I thought my dreams of winning another tournament were over, I initiated the forfeit this time and he kept playing until the end of the match.

Initially he started off being an arse early in the deciding game, but must have decided he did want to win the tournament, after I did my usual hit the ball against the wall, and knock the rebounded wall-ball into the back of the net to take us 1 - 0. He started playing properly. We ended up winning the final leg 2 - 0.

Last edited:
I just laugh at the teams that FF when leading a game thinking they rank of champion or something as if they doing your favour🙄

Yes they were very good aerialists and definitely a higher rank but there's always someone better than you

As someone who has to deal with it semi-regularly, if guys are whiffing constantly and getting no power on anything, most likely they're getting ****ed by lag.

Worst thing is when you can't even defend yourself when your team is losing their s**t at you.
Yep, the one's that lose their s**t would just call BS and call you bad anyway. If I could be bothered, I'd reply "Yes champ, I've got to C1/C2 by not being able to hit a ball and struggling to score 50 points". But I can't :)

Haha wow this game tops every other game with rage inducing losses-think I may of won maybe 1 friggin game tonight and that's being generous😂

I'm trying to find a solution to an issue where the cars sometimes feel like they are HARDER to steer freely. It's hard to explain, but it's similar to lag (without it being lag ?) as the ping indicators are normal (16-29). It hit me again during tonights games, some of the solutions I've read were to reset the controller settings in the options (which I did do and it worked for a few games!! but then went back to crap).

Another indicator is the controls for the instant chat messages are also stiff (like how the cars feel like driving on rails when this is occurring). In that when the directional buttons are pressed to get "what a save" happening for example. I find that the button presses don't register instantly. It's very similar to some tv's having "game mode" turned on vs turned off. So it's like lag without being officially lag.

I've resorted to going back to play the pc version for the time being as it's currently not doing it to me on that version (I suspect it will at some point, this is something I've noticed on every platform at one time or another).

One youtube video that discussed the "issue" claimed it's just a placebo effect (this person's solution was to play the game in practice and in slow motion to get used to the timings) - but it's really not. You can tell when the issue arises as it doesn't play as it normally should.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another Travis Cloke style moment to kick off my Saturday morning :p

EDIT

This is what the goal SHOULD have looked like, I like doing the tight angle shots that slot in. I did one last night from a tighter spot on the right side. Whenever I nail them, I always celebrate like Buddy in the 2011 Prelim Final (that last gasp goal against Collingwood!!).

And here's a match winning goal in overtime just for fun

Last edited:
I'm trying to find a solution to an issue where the cars sometimes feel like they are HARDER to steer freely. It's hard to explain, but it's similar to lag (without it being lag ?) as the ping indicators are normal (16-29). It hit me again during tonights games, some of the solutions I've read were to reset the controller settings in the options (which I did do and it worked for a few games!! but then went back to crap).

Another indicator is the controls for the instant chat messages are also stiff (like how the cars feel like driving on rails when this is occurring). In that when the directional buttons are pressed to get "what a save" happening for example. I find that the button presses don't register instantly. It's very similar to some tv's having "game mode" turned on vs turned off. So it's like lag without being officially lag.

I've resorted to going back to play the pc version for the time being as it's currently not doing it to me on that version (I suspect it will at some point, this is something I've noticed on every platform at one time or another).

One youtube video that discussed the "issue" claimed it's just a placebo effect (this person's solution was to play the game in practice and in slow motion to get used to the timings) - but it's really not. You can tell when the issue arises as it doesn't play as it normally should.

As someone who suffers from extreme changes in "steerability" in what you mention, sadly there is no solution that works everytime. I've been battling this problem for years. I've tried resetting routers/Playstations/TVs, I've changed DNS settings on Playstation and ****ed around with Port Forwarding. I've even called up ISP and got them to run tests while I'm playing. Sometimes something works and the car starts turning on a dime again, other times nothing changes.

I will fight anyone that says it's a placebo effect. It changes from game to game and night to night. After all these years, I've pretty much concluded it's related to your connection to the game server. versus that of your opponents. When it's at its worst tends to be games where you can see you're half a second behind the other cars in lag (having aerials blocked despite being 3 car lengths above other car on your screen, having easy blocks go straight through you, then on the replay your car is nowhere near it).

It's not solely ping related. I sit around 50 as I'm in Perth, but I can have it bad and see guys with 100-200 ping turning on dimes and beating me to balls they shouldn't be.

Wish I could offer you a solution (I would pay someone money to fix it), but alas all I can do is assure you that it is a real issue and that those who call it a placebo thing are the world's biggest campaigners.

I've always just put that down to sometimes I push the analogue stick directly left/right and sometimes I have it somewhere in between left/right and up/down so I am not fully turning the wheel. I'd love to test with some thing on my controller so I can only move the stick in 45 degree angles left, right, up or down.

I've always just put that down to sometimes I push the analogue stick directly left/right and sometimes I have it somewhere in between left/right and up/down so I am not fully turning the wheel. I'd love to test with some thing on my controller so I can only move the stick in 45 degree angles left, right, up or down.

I should have recorded some vids last night, car was turning like the titanic :mad:

The giveaway was 4,500 hours played while still playing in plat tournaments lol

Hx3L4gf.png
3AA93C1609454857946406FBDBDF01A3E2999897

I did it... AGAIN lol

I was carried goals wise, but I put in a fair effort with defending and assists (and also unofficial assists, getting the ball into a position to score, but wasn't counted as an official stat). Would say that it was a pretty bad tournament performance, while I put in solid forward entries and did defend when it was my turn.... I made many basic errors (luckily it was when the game was already "won", so instead of 6 - 0, it would be 6 - 3 for example).

We had a very tough first semi final leg, but managed to regroup and win 2 - 1. The final was a nervous affair, we got belted in leg 1 (my stuffups cost us big time, regrouped but couldn't get the tying goal in the dying seconds). The second leg was very tight, we had more scoring shots (10-2) yet we only won 2 - 1...... I scored the tie breaking goal with 90 seconds remaining, held on to that lead like grim death. They could have pinched it as well, as they had the shot, I blocked it..... of course instead of knocking it away, it just went straight up in the air lol. The deciding game was more streamlined, we had control of the match from start to finish.

Some "bloopers of the week"

Haven't done a pool shot goal (or been nudged into the ball and scored) in a while

And I swear I was meaning to cross the ball to the opposite corner, but whoops lol

In some cases the camera view when you're playing the game can be deceptive ? Like I was going on the attack in the oppositions goal, it looked like 4 of us would collide just as the shot was going through...... whereas on the replay (doing director or fly/free cam) there was a whole lot more space in between every car.

In terms of defending, it's a mixed bag. I always want to stay in the square area... yet the opponent with the ball can sucker me into coming toward him for an attempted (but mistimed) clear. Or if it's 2 v 2, I want to guard our goal in case a very easy goal for my team.... ends up being deflected and waltzed in for an open goal (after I've decided to charge in to help my partner).

No camera angle is excusing whatever the heck blue was doing there haha.
Though his teammate isn't even in the frame either which might be worse 😅

No camera angle is excusing whatever the heck blue was doing there haha.
Though his teammate isn't even in the frame either which might be worse

I reckon that blue guy was rotating around looking for boost, and hoping his teammate was back defending.

I reckon that blue guy was rotating around looking for boost, and hoping his teammate was back defending.
Relying on teammates in defence is always risky in Platinum.
When they're not rotating/defending and the opposition score a go ahead goal and you're in the replay collecting boost ...it always looks bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back