Rocketman

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasn't expecting it to be a musical, but once I got used to it I started to enjoy it. It was a bit of a stretch to me using the hit songs to signpost Elton's life because he never wrote the words, Bernie did. Unless Bernie was eventually writing songs about Elton, but I don't think that was explained in the film. I liked Bohemian Rhapsody better but this was enjoyable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagerly awaiting that, a movie about a guy who was admitted he was a closeted heterosexual should fair well in this era.

Started sleeping with guys because sleeping with girls had become boring.

But he was born that way i guess...

Started sleeping with guys because sleeping with girls had become boring.

But he was born that way i guess...

When he got older he basically said sleeping with guys was just a phase he went through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I saw it this afternoon
As others have said, different to Bo Rap, but I enjoyed it.

John Reid has not had a good year

Eagerly awaiting that, a movie about a guy who was admitted he was a closeted heterosexual should fair well in this era.

Beside Bowie: the mick ronson story. Haddon hall for 7 pounds a month ‘I never saw rooms that big’

Can see it on youtube or foxtel there must be lots of material for a Bowie film

I thought it was ok.

A little overkill with the songs at times and the storyline was hard to keep up with in terms of what was the year and stage of his career.

Would have preferred a biopic to a musical with dancing. He was never a dancer and the songs in the movie didn't match the stage in his life that he wrote them. Maybe they are setting it up for a stage show.

Framing the movie with the therapy group made it seem like a big pity party about how bad his life has been. And he didn't come across as very likeable. The reality is that he would have had a lot of good times in his life and he's got a great sense of humour.

Egerton did a great job.

5/10

Last edited:
Thought Edgerton did a great job, but considering EJ was directly involved telling his own story, just came across as a bitter blameeveryonebutmeformyproblems kind of a whinge.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back