MMA-UFC Rockhold v Souza 2 (Melbourne)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I know it's EXTREMELY early for a thread but it's in oz and I have a serious crush on Luke (who is actually in Melbourne right now).

UPDATE: Fight Card updated from Wiki, not a bad card really. Some locals and some quality mixed in.

Middleweight Luke Rockhold vs. Ronaldo Souza
Middleweight Robert Whittaker vs. Derek Brunson
Lightweight Jake Matthews vs. Andrew Holbrook
Welterweight Kyle Noke vs. Dominique Steele
Featherweight Yusuke Kasuya vs. Alex Volkanovski
Middleweight Dan Kelly vs. Chris Camozzi
Women's Strawweight Seo Hee Ham vs. Danielle Taylor
Lightweight Damien Brown vs. Jon Tuck
Welterweight Richard Walsh vs. Jonathan Meunier
Flyweight Ben Nguyen vs. Geane Herrera
Featherweight Dan Hooker vs. Jason Knight
Flyweight Yao Zhikui vs. Jenel Lausa

Rumors, gossip, where you sitting etc.

Last edited:

Just got my tickets.. spent $250 each, sitting 7 rows back on one of the corners in the first elevated section.

I only seen the code they relased today about 30 mins ago and its almost sold out.. probably about 15-20% of tickets left.

If ya dont want to miss out id get on it really soon.

Hey All,
First time poster in this forum on BigFooty- heard the same SEN promo dropping the other names without opponents. I read in another article that there will be an announcement today ahead of the general public on sale tomorrow with more matches

Whittaker's fight announced Brunson... i expected a bigger name to be honest

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Thats a great fight! The only bigger name that isnt booked is anderson, and he would be the main event if he fought on a fight night card.

7 vs 8 and Whittakers biggest test to date.
I favour brunson to get the stoppage in rd 1 but if rob can survive round 1, he should get stronger as the fight goes on.

Pretty excited!

We need one more big fight and ill be satisfied.

Thats a great fight! The only bigger name that isnt booked is anderson, and he would be the main event if he fought on a fight night card.

7 vs 8 and Whittakers biggest test to date.
I favour brunson to get the stoppage in rd 1 but if rob can survive round 1, he should get stronger as the fight goes on.

Pretty excited!

We need one more big fight and ill be satisfied.
Yeah personally was hoping for Silva, but perhaps that was too early.

Thought this might be the fight. Really good test for Whittaker. He's shown good composure and patience in his last couple of fights, if he can do that again think he's a decent chance of picking up a decision. Brunson is a beast though, only has to catch you once.

Pretty sure I saw Dan Kelly is confirmed fighting Chris Camozzi as well.

Dan Kelly vs Chris Camozzi is such a typical MW fight haha.

Whittaker vs Brunson is a great fight. Whittaker's a much better striker than all the guys that Brunson has hurt on the feet in his recent fights. Whittaker's also a lot quicker than Brunson's recent opponents, except for Hall. It's going to be a lot harder for Brunson to hit Whittaker than it has been to hit his recent opponents. Whittaker's also got good TD defence. Brunson sticks his chin out there when he moves forward and Whittaker could take advantage of that. Really interesting fight that I'm not sure who wins.

I tipped that Whittaker's opponent would be Brunson on Sunday - it was part of the reason I wasn't prepared to outlay the enormous prices that they're charging for mediocre tickets.

I think Rockhold v Jacare is going to be an awesome fight, and I wish I could go, but the 3 fights announced so far aren't fights I was prepared to drop 150 bucks on for upper tier seats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I only seen the code they relased today about 30 mins ago and its almost sold out.. probably about 15-20% of tickets left.

If ya dont want to miss out id get on it really soon.

They don't release all seats for pre sales. There were still some decent seats in the categories that I checked this morning.

Still not good enough for me to go though. I still think $150 is crazy for top tier seats when it's only a Fight Night with 4 main card fights and the undercard likely to be filled out with scrub Australian/NZ fighters.

They don't release all seats for pre sales. There were still some decent seats in the categories that I checked this morning.

Still not good enough for me to go though. I still think $150 is crazy for top tier seats when it's only a Fight Night with 4 main card fights and the undercard likely to be filled out with scrub Australian/NZ fighters.
Have you been to a UFC event before?

Have you been to a UFC event before?

Yeah, I was at 193 last year. I was in a slightly better financial position this time last year though, and I thought there was plenty of seating that represented better value last year (especially given the card at 193.) Having been to the tennis and the wrestling at Rod Laver, I think the value for money is terrible for a Fight Night.

But hey, they'll probably still sell out, and it'll justify the pricing.

Yeah, I was at 193 last year. I was in a slightly better financial position this time last year though, and I thought there was plenty of seating that represented better value last year (especially given the card at 193.) Having been to the tennis and the wrestling at Rod Laver, I think the value for money is terrible for a Fight Night.

But hey, they'll probably still sell out, and it'll justify the pricing.
Ah k fair enough.. i was going to say even the $80 tickets would be worth it just for the atmosphere if you havnt been before.

I thought the $350 i paid at 193 was horrible value for money considering the view we had and because everyone was so spread out combined with so many people there just to see "the do nothing bitch" the atmosphere was s**t but i still dont regret it.

Ill have far better seats and a better view for the $250 i paid for this and im expecting an awesome atmosphere in a more intimate venue.

I wonder if the NZ guy (can't think of his name)who's been doing well will get on the card or if another NZ card is planned.

Would like to see him on it.

I wonder if the NZ guy (can't think of his name)who's been doing well will get on the card or if another NZ card is planned.

Would like to see him on it.

No name yet but has has called out Artem "nice and flowy" Lobov

Whittaker's fight announced Brunson... i expected a bigger name to be honest

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
yeah if Anderson was announced as his opponent i would have bought tickets for the card, flights and accommodation. But for a fight night card Rockhold is still a pretty big name. Dont know too many people who believe Bisping is the better fighter. Nonetheless ill watch this card free from home

I actually like Brunson/Whittaker a lot more than Silva/Whittaker.

If I was buying tickets I'd be wanting to see Anderson Silva fight just like everyone else. I'll just be watching it on TV and I've seen Anderson Silva fight on TV a lot. Never seen him in person and that would be something else.

No name yet but has has called out Artem "nice and flowy" Lobov
Seen him calling out quite a few guys on twitter lol, not in a passive aggressive way though. Great fighter and would really like to see him get a fight that could really build his name

Seen him calling out quite a few guys on twitter lol, not in a passive aggressive way though. Great fighter and would really like to see him get a fight that could really build his name

Agree. Was hoping his won over Hioki would push him on, but the loss to Yair set him back a bit. Fingers crossed he gets a decent name for the card.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back