Rumour Rockliff possibly leaving Brisbane

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Maybe saying as part of a trade for JJ? don't see it myself

All reports are that JJ is as good as signed for the Crows, and they're holding off on the announcement so as to not overshadow Scott Thompson's 300th this week.

The jist of the article is that we're preparing to get him as a FA at the end of next season, and that other clubs have given up the chase of him, resigned to the fact that he'll be coming to us. But if Crouch goes at the end of this year, we'll look to trade Rockliff in this off season.

May 3, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Team Mystic
All reports are that JJ is as good as signed for the Crows, and they're holding off on the announcement so as to not overshadow Scott Thompson's 300th this week.

The jist of the article is that we're preparing to get him as a FA at the end of next season, and that other clubs have given up the chase of him, resigned to the fact that he'll be coming to us. But if Crouch goes at the end of this year, we'll look to trade Rockliff in this off season.

Thanks for filling me in on the article. Heard that JJ had all but re-signed. Will be interesting if a trade is attempted to be made

Oct 17, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club
Local paper here reporting Rockliff possibly to the Crows.

Pure speculation with not a shred of evidence on offer to back it up.

Rockliff a FA at the end of 2017. Brisbane make an offer to Jenkins this year. Adelaide retaliate by possibly (with no evidence) making an offer to Rockliff next year and making an inquiry about him at the end of this year.

Last edited:

DazzaTys

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Pure speculation with not a shred of evidence on offer to back it up.

Rockliff a FA at the end of 2017. Brisbane make an offer to Jenkins this year. Adelaide retaliate by possibly (with no evidence) making an offer to Rockliff next year and making an inquiry about him at the end of this year.
I hope he stays at Brisbane. Would be very poor form for him to leave.

Crowbots are dead

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's a rucci article which is worth nothing. The blokes never had a scoop in his life. Remember jury tippet? He should have been first to the punch there but Caro was. Hopeless journo.

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's a rucci article which is worth nothing. The blokes never had a scoop in his life. Remember jury tippet? He should have been first to the punch there but Caro was. Hopeless journo.
I heard that Phil Walsh had the Crows job before it became public and so I rang AA with it some 5 days before Caro wrote about it. I said that Walsh was the one and he laughed saying Walsh would never go to the Crows. He then said if Walsh did he would buy a Crows membership, which he ended up doing as after he was announced everyone kept on about it on air.
He has no clue.

Sherrinator

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2004
SEQLD
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
BBFFC, Southport AFC
Rumour has is that Rocky and Hanley are getting on the piss mid-week.

Low player standards have stemmed from the O'Brien - Leppa altercation, which the PC lynch-mob came after the coach big time.

Our weak-as-piss board then asked Leppa to avoid hurting players feelings.

jjami15

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Rumour has is that Rocky and Hanley are getting on the piss mid-week.

Low player standards have stemmed from the O'Brien - Leppa altercation, which the PC lynch-mob came after the coach big time.

Our weak-as-piss board then asked Leppa to avoid hurting players feelings.
Tail wag dog it seems. If Rocky did go to Adelaide he would be in for a shock in regards to running/professionalism standards.

Back