News Rocky tells Rhys to pull his head... up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't be confused. No one is calling you an Old Bastard. They're calling you a Silly Old Bastard.

Put your hearing aid back in would you.

:)
yer, i also get chrome dome and tall streak of misery. oldies but still goodies, and all said with love and affection.

hard to get that across in written form though as i would think leemas would agree.

... you wouldn't want him in the diplomacy corps.

Or the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps...

latest

yer, i also get chrome dome and tall streak of misery. oldies but still goodies, and all said with love and affection.

hard to get that across in written form though as i would think leemas would agree.

I've been called a greasy thug too. It never stops hurting.

ywr1H.jpg

You'd be happy fighting in the trenches alongside Rock, but you wouldn't want him in the diplomacy corps.
Mm Hmm.. so we're in agreement. He won't be allowed near the phone again.

Even if he was given a leading question, it's pretty easy to say "we love Matho's attack on the footy and we think he earns a lot of frees from that, a couple of them may be a matter of interpretation blah blah, technique blah blah... Will get better with experience..."

Zero need to clip him publicly.

Who is your media person?
All clubs have one whose job is to coach players on how to handle themselves in the media

Who is your media person?
All clubs have one whose job is to coach players on how to handle themselves in the media

The issue isn't Rocky handling himself in the media - he does that pretty well. He's a country boy unashamedly proud of the club he captains - much like Browny before him.

The problem is simply that this time he had a poor choice of words... and will be crucified for it. The stupidity of the media and the world we live in is that the lack of truth and context in journalism makes honest and ordinary people look like fools.

Unfortunately now he will probably sensor himself into being as sterile and rehearsed as everyone else... and that's a shame.

AFL WORLD RECOILS IN SHOCK!!!!!

The Football community is desperately trying to come to terms with the realisation that some players have recently been trying to avoid tackles. Worse, it seems that these nefarious tactics are sometimes resulting in free kicks for high contact.

The AFL Rules Committe has gone into lockdown in a desperate attempt to stamp out this blight on the game. It has sought the input of self -appointed meedja experts who have recently brought the issue to attention of the footy public.

It is believed that one suggestion that is gaining currency is to bring in a rule that requires the ball carrier to remain bolt upright at all times with their arms tucked in tightly. Downward vertical motion of any part of the legs, torso, or head that results in a high tackle being applied, will result in a free kick against the ball carrier and a 50 meter penalty being awarded to the tackler(s). Bending of the knees beyond a 15 degree angle when a potential tackler is within a 5 meter radius of the ball carrier will result in a "pre-tackle" free to such potential tacklers. This will be known the KDWPZ rule....that is... "knee-dropping within the Protected Zone" Rule.

Another solution under consideration is to equip umpires with mind-reading devices which will give them a useful tool in deciding the true intent of the ball carrier. This would kill two birds with the metaphorical one stone, since these devices would also be of tremendous value in allowing the officials to rule more accurately on the "deliberate" OOB rule.

MORE DETAILS IN OUR NEXT BULLETIN.

Sorry for the intrusion. Just came to see what was being said about Rockliff's comment and found this beauty.
I feel the debate has seriously gotten this bad over the years where people think the tackler should be able to do whatever they want and the guy with the ball should have to follow a strict code. Next it shouldnt be a trip if someone jumps over you on the ground and you put your hand up and leg them in the air as they were raising their legs to draw contact.
Personally think the above isn't going far enough and is too hard to adjudicate so just pay a "attempting to avoid the tackle" free against and then they will learn quickly enough. You have to accept each attempted tackle no matter how poorly thought out position wise or technique wise with grace and good humour. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone really give a s**t though?

We're the bloody Brisbane Lions, who cares about us? We're the single most irrelevant team in the history of ever! Rocky could do a presser butt naked and everyone would be like "How'd he get past security?"

I think what rocky is trying to say there is that if matho can get the ball out quicker it would be more beneficial for the team.

Look i disagree with most and the majority of mathos frees have been from his arm raising in the air which slides the arm up. If he stopped raising the arm and looked at a handball first would be great.
Same can be said for Joel Selwood. Matho can do as he like.

Rockliff has a habit of running his mouth in public without thinking about what he's saying. Not the first time he's thrown his teammates under the bus, even if that wasn't his intention.

Really should worry about getting fit and leading by example, rather than being a seagull out the back.

Rockliff has a habit of running his mouth in public without thinking about what he's saying. Not the first time he's thrown his teammates under the bus, even if that wasn't his intention.

Really should worry about getting fit and leading by example, rather than being a seagull out the back.

Seagulls don't rack up the tackle numbers he does.

Go away.

Seagulls don't rack up the tackle numbers he does.

Go away.

He's obviously too used to Mitchell seagulling around behind players to get cheap touches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back