• Yes

Votes: 64 61.0%
  • No

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • Don't care

Votes: 16 15.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd never live in an apartment for that reason plus I want my daughter to have a big backyard to play and swim. I also like making noise. Each to thier own but I guess.
When you're likely to be surrounded by younger renters who want to party, vacant properties owned by speculators, ongoing renovations and increasingly AirBnB tenants who don't give a s**t, it's easy to prefer anything over an apartment.

A family of 4 as in four kids or 2 and 2?

There's a stack of 3 bedroom apartments within 5km of the city (Leederville, South Perth, East Perth, etc). Might be squishy for 4 kids but viable for 2 and 2. All for less than $500k.

http://www.realestate.com.au/buy/with-3-bedrooms-between-0-500000-in-perth+city,+wa;+/list-1?maxBeds=3&source=location-search
There is.. Now.

In it's peak I remember working across the road from a construction site in East Perth that had a sign saying 'Apartments from 129K' 2-3 years later they were worth around 800K. It was ridiculous. Someone in my building bought 2 when they were being built. My jealousy was palpable. They're probably around the 5-600K mark today.

I'd never live in an apartment for that reason plus I want my daughter to have a big backyard to play and swim. I also like making noise. Each to thier own but I guess.
You seem like an environmentally conscious guy. Urban sprawl down the corridors has destroyed way more little critters habitats than Roe 8/9/10 ever will.

I tried inner city apartment living once, but there were a few issues:
  • No parking for the boat or the jet skis
  • The other residents complained when I rode my quad bike around the units
  • There were no quiet roads to lay rubber in my ute
These are basic human rights that our parents and grand-parents fought for, if we don't have the freedom to * the environment up then why did they even go to war???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't go into it here but so many incorrect statements made by the Labor member in that article about the level of risk, the procedures for dealing with it and actual worksafe jurisdiction (which is practically nil in this case) versus DER. Some people should realise when a politician/protestors are clutching at straws (or in this case asbestos fibres).

Don't mind if you don't go into it.
I certainly didn't suggest the article had veracity given its source,was only checking with the other poster that it was the subject matter referred to.
The newspaper article had other info:Testing confirms asbestos riddled through Roe 8 site in Coolbellup
Families in the area are absolutely entitled to be concerned about the levels of exposure they and their children may be enduring.
Are you saying you or someone else knows what has been clandestinely dumped there over the years??

JMT, didn't realise you were responsible for Perth's suburban sprawl. Shame on you.
Roe 8 gawn in 23 days.
Shouldn't be if the poll results above are indicative. 2 to 1 on favour of a sensible road on the path of some already cleared land that will help complete a road network that has been planned for many many years.

Agreed, the problem oppositions have is they can't cost their promises accurately because they don't have access to Treasury boffins and the state accounts until the election period. Last election cycle labour asked treasury to cost their promises and found they had massive holes they had no way of filling which cost them credibility.

This time labor is avoiding the issue entirely by not asking treasury to assist with costings. So you can't really trust their figures. I suspect if/when they get in they will have some massive shocks coming...eg you can't just re-direct federal government funding (eg Roe8/9) that hasn't been received yet into your pet alternative projects.

I've been stuck in a truck all day and just back from my down south job. Having surveyed all the lads I work with it's a fiddy, fiddy split for roe 8.

I actually thought they would of all supported roe 8.

Back