• Yes

Votes: 64 61.0%
  • No

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • Don't care

Votes: 16 15.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Like when they build shitty suburban sprawl like Ellenbrook?

Where do you hang your hat? Suburban sprawl is part of population growth. Ellenbrook,Yanchep, Baldivis, Southern river etc,etc . all part of the sprawl and they all deserve the same infrastructure as the rest of the metro area. They all pay their tax unlike some of the well heeled who live in the leafier suburbs. The population can't all fit into Cottesloe or Mosmans. ;)

Where do you hang your hat? Suburban sprawl is part of population growth. Ellenbrook,Yanchep, Baldivis, Southern river etc,etc . all part of the sprawl and they all deserve the same infrastructure as the rest of the metro area. They all pay their tax unlike some of the well heeled who live in the leafier suburbs. The population can't all fit into Cottesloe or Mosmans. ;)
Maybe they do but it's still horrible planning and worse for the environment.

At the risk of being slaughtered by the baying hordes.......

Why do we need this thread on the main Freo board?
I for one enjoy footy, and most other sports as a form of escape from the grind of our modern day to day.
So why do we have to have such a heavily divisive, politicized thread on our clubs forum board. Is there not a better place for the discussion?
Sure I have my views on it, and most other politics. But again, I fail to understand why it needs to be thrust in our faces when we are looking for 5 mins of footy based escapism.
This may shock, dismay and possibly even offend some posters here, but did you know that some Freo supporters do not live within a 30km radius of the city of Fremantle? I know, shocking right? So therefore something like Roe 8 is not at the forefront of thinking for a lot of those people (bloody heathens!) Quite simply, it does not effect them (us) enough to (dare I say it) care about such a subject as to have it thrust upon them in a forum such as this.

I am not suggesting that this very informed rational debate between those who choose to discuss it does not have it's place. I just question why it has to be on Freo's main board.

I am not suggesting that this very informed rational debate between those who choose to discuss it does not have it's place. I just question why it has to be on Freo's main board.
It was sprinkled throughout the rest of the Fremantle Forum, so like with the Fyfe thread by creating a dedicated thread for it we can isolate it all so those who want to avoid it can skip over that one thread.

That wasn't supposed to sound passive aggressive by the way.

It was sprinkled throughout the rest of the Fremantle Forum, so like with the Fyfe thread by creating a dedicated thread for it we can isolate it all so those who want to avoid it can skip over that one thread.

That wasn't supposed to sound passive aggressive by the way.

I get that you guys (Mods) need to consolidate discussions. I really do. I just question why it has to be placed on the main board. If the thread was placed in the "Horde" section etc, those who feel passionately enough to continue the debate would find the thread there just as simply. Just my worthless opinion as a casual user, but I prefer my footy "politics free".

I get that you guys (Mods) need to consolidate discussions. I really do. I just question why it has to be placed on the main board. If the thread was placed in the "Horde" section etc, those who feel passionately enough to continue the debate would find the thread there just as simply. Just my worthless opinion as a casual user, but I prefer my footy "politics free".
Your opinion is worth as much as anyone else, don't feel the need to write yourself off at the expense of other people.

Again, not trying to sound passive aggressive. Its been a very bad week for me. Those who knew my big drama from before, happened again.

At least I can see some positives to Roe 8, surely Roe 9 as it currently looks is nonsensical to anyone with an education past Kindergarten level.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Classy protesters! "Defecating in vehicles"!!! Way to go
I wouldn't believe that s**t, pardon the pun. I couldn't believe anyone visiting this area would leave their vehicles unlocked. Smells suspiciously like more verbal diarrhea from Colon to me.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interestingly I don't believe left-wing politics can exist outside of the fringe without turning into fascism.

By the nature of the minority displacing the major power, they aren't able to impose their agenda without the firm boot otherwise the existing power would claim it's position again.

The point of a social change movement is that progressive ideas become the majority not that a minority enforces its ideology over the majority.

Agreed though that When a minority tries to enforce its agenda then they need to use tactics like propaganda, razor wire and police horses to do so so the majority are intimidated and back away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact that there is a senate enquiry?? Surely that should be enough.

Lets be honest though, feral and domestic cats probably kill much more local fauna than Roe 8 ever will. Doesn't make a good story though does it

There's a difference between holding an enquiry and actually participating in one as due process requires.

I'm all for getting rid of feral cats too by the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's be honest though,it would be close to impossible to make this relevant.
Really? The senate enquiry is largely about the impact on local fauna. Anti Roe 8 proponents are making highly emotive claims about a very small amount of local fauna being impacted. Where's the outrage about introduced pests destroying our native wildlife? Much bigger threat.

Campaigns,outrage and funding to control the 25-30 million feral cats and how ever many foxes nation wide has been ongoing for a couple of decades and is recognised as an increasingly urgent problem.It is attracting increasing funding and strategic planning.It is a pandemic which cannot be solved with a bulldozer.
The very small amount of local fauna you refer to may well have their longevity impacted by both feral predators and bulldozers.
If we stopped the bulldozers the feral predator issue would remain.We do not currently have a funded strategy to end feral predation of native species.

Don't click the thread....... This is the best discussion on this topic on this site. Wont get the same traffic in the horde. Pun 100% intended.

The Greens are a dangerous party that should never govern anything ever. It's difficult to understand why a sane person would vote for them.

Yep its the insane amongst who would like a planet that our grandkids can get a clean drink of water , see animals in the wild and not stuffed in a museum,see some of the old growth forest before they are gone.The kids go out side to play in the summer sun and not get burnt to a crisp. Not lose our coast line and low lying islands to rising waters, Fracking destroying the under ground waters etc, etc. Its insane to let the destruction of the planet keep happening and do **ck all about it. I dont care who the **ck any one votes for as long as that party does something about the planet warming and stops sitting on their hands and doing nothing to appease the stupid and money hungry amongst us.

At the risk of being slaughtered by the baying hordes.......

Why do we need this thread on the main Freo board?
I for one enjoy footy, and most other sports as a form of escape from the grind of our modern day to day.
So why do we have to have such a heavily divisive, politicized thread on our clubs forum board. Is there not a better place for the discussion?
Sure I have my views on it, and most other politics. But again, I fail to understand why it needs to be thrust in our faces when we are looking for 5 mins of footy based escapism.
This may shock, dismay and possibly even offend some posters here, but did you know that some Freo supporters do not live within a 30km radius of the city of Fremantle? I know, shocking right? So therefore something like Roe 8 is not at the forefront of thinking for a lot of those people (bloody heathens!) Quite simply, it does not effect them (us) enough to (dare I say it) care about such a subject as to have it thrust upon them in a forum such as this.

Agreed - can we get this onto some sort of NIMBY board?

Back