Votes: 64 61.0%
  • No

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • Don't care

Votes: 16 15.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's spelt Labor!!!!!

Well done McGowan- now let's see if you're a man of your word which is exactly the shite that you hung on Barnett.

Around and around the political machine goes

Just watched marks speech. Wow you must be gutted. Mentioned not selling western power, did mention metronet, credited and thanked the unions and...............crickets.....
didn't mention roe 8 didn't say greens once didn't mention the environment once, face it your a sore loser salim. As stated before swing to greens less then 1% that sir is irrelevant

Gutted, no way . I'm over the moon.:) Colin will now be a just a horrible memory. Roe 8 is gone ,rail is on the agenda ,Pauline is on the nose and for the first time in WA'S history the greens and labor ( correct spelling:D) will hold the power in the senate. Unbelievable result for all of us who care about the environment.

Gutted, no way . I'm over the moon.:) Colin will now be a just a horrible memory. Roe 8 is gone ,rail is on the agenda ,Pauline is on the nose and for the first time in WA'S history the greens and labor ( correct spelling:D) will hold the power in the senate. Unbelievable result for all of us who care about the environment.
Greens vote dropped over night to 8.1% thats less then what they got in 2013. Any idea why they are loosing votes?
Still dont understand why you trust politicians so much, ill believe there words when they actually keep them.

Just watched marks speech. Wow you must be gutted. Mentioned not selling western power, did mention metronet, credited and thanked the unions and...............crickets.....
didn't mention roe 8 didn't say greens once didn't mention the environment once, face it your a sore loser salim. As stated before swing to greens less then 1% that sir is irrelevant

Wow, was a pot of green paint mean to you when you were a kid or something.

Greens clearly the most popular of the minor parties outside the big 2. Hardly irrelevant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, was a pot of green paint mean to you when you were a kid or something.

Greens clearly the most popular of the minor parties outside the big 2. Hardly irrelevant

Just stating facts, when was the last time the greens won a seat? Was freo hey? How long ago was that?
PS i hate green paint :)

A massive swing to labour and Bicton falling says otherwise and the good sense of the majority of WA voters have **cked off the stupidity that was Roe 8.
Actually the Liberal candidate received more votes than Labor.

Labor have only won the seat due to Green preferences. Hardly convincing.

So the do the construction companies simply down tools?

Or do they wait to receive formal notification?

I'm thinking works will continue Monday.

A 12%+ swing in a seat like Bicton is huge. The demographic is so much more in line with a traditional Lib supporter base, so for Labor to win is massive. You also can't just disregard preferences - the whole point of preferential voting is that every vote in an electorate counts equally no matter how many candidates there are. The primary vote can easily be misleading if multiple candidates with similar policies/etc are running for the same seat.

"hardly convincing" - just wtf?

They contract break is 40mil according to labor, however labor did have works for roads in that area. So I don't know if they might be able to just shift the contract to be on those roads as opposed to paying the contract break.

They remain influential in the upper house, probably more so this time around.

Apologies for being paintist

You cant form government from the upper house :)
will be interesting to see how many seats labor get in the upper and if they can pass without the greens
No body likes a paintist

Thats the million dollar question. Im really not sure how much power the government has just yet.
I assume leightons will continue work till the contracts are officially cancelled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They contract break is 40mil according to labor, however labor did have works for roads in that area. So I don't know if they might be able to just shift the contract to be on those roads as opposed to paying the contract break.

I believe that's their plan, moving the contractors to other jobs.

However this might be tough without the federal $$

It's going to be a s**t fight that's for certain.

You cant form government from the upper house :)
will be interesting to see how many seats labor get in the upper and if they can pass without the greens
No body likes a paintist
Unlikely Labor will win enough LC seats to control it completely - the major party in power generally doesn't. Together (Labor + Greens) should have enough though. Crosses fingers we don't have too many loonies in the upper house - eg One Nation.

Pretty sure The Greens aren't looking to form government :)

Prefer The Greens over The Blues and The Reds (as names that is, not Liberals and Labor). Considering starting a new party called The Purples.

"Labor have only won the seat due to Green preferences" - careful, that could be construed as the Greens being influential in the result

Unlikely Labor will win enough LC seats to control it completely - the major party in power generally doesn't. Together (Labor + Greens) should have enough though. Crosses fingers we don't have too many loonies in the upper house - eg One Nation.
I have had a quick look but hard to tell worhout knowing where preferences are going in the upper.
19 needed to control outright,
My count
LaboUr 17
Libs 11
Nats 4
One nation 2
Greens 1
SFFP 1

ABC count with preference deals
LaboUr 15
Libs 9
Nats 4
Greens 3
SFFP 2
Flouride free 1
Liberal Democrats 1

That could make things interesting

I have had a quick look but hard to tell worhout knowing where preferences are going in the upper.
19 needed to control outright,
My count
LaboUr 17
Libs 11
Nats 4
One nation 2
Greens 1
SFFP 1

ABC count with preference deals
LaboUr 15
Libs 9
Nats 4
Greens 3
SFFP 2
Flouride free 1
Liberal Democrats 1

That could make things interesting

The Fluoride free candidate only received 601 votes, but thanks to the preferences, that was enough to get a seat in the Upper House. Maybe we should have some Senate-style reform.
The votes displayed on the ABC website are just when people put a single number above the line, not if they numbered all the votes below the line. I wonder how many more votes like that are still to come?

The Fluoride free candidate only received 601 votes, but thanks to the preferences, that was enough to get a seat in the Upper House. Maybe we should have some Senate-style reform.
The votes displayed on the ABC website are just when people put a single number above the line, not if they numbered all the votes below the line. I wonder how many more votes like that are still to come?
People are lazy by nature i doubt many vote under the line. Totally agree with the senate reform., It Maybe as simple as having a minimum percentage of primary votes say 5% needed for you to earn the privilege of the preference race

People are lazy by nature i doubt many vote under the line. Totally agree with the senate reform., It Maybe as simple as having a minimum percentage of primary votes say 5% needed for you to earn the privilege of the preference race

The ABC website has updated its predictions. It appears the Fluoride first candidate may not get the seat after all.

New Senate rules are you have to give preferences of at least 1-6 above the line, and at least 1-12 below the line. But you don't have to include every candidate. I think that would transfer very easily to the State Upper House.

The ABC website has updated its predictions. It appears the Fluoride first candidate may not get the seat after all.

New Senate rules are you have to give preferences of at least 1-6 above the line, and at least 1-12 below the line. But you don't have to include every candidate. I think that would transfer very easily to the State Upper House.
Yeah that would work, it would hopefully eliminate s**t parties life flouride getting in

I rest my point. Green preferences assisted labor, the environment is on the agenda, its a vote getter. Do you think Labor would have won a lib safe seat without Roe 8. There is an article about it in the Sunday times, have a read its enlightening.;)

Germany has that system make sense. Stops stupid or to extreme parties from getting in and wasting money

Last edited:
Back