USA Roe, the evangelicals and the war on choice

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
The US is a federation of 50 states which have different political and sociological imperatives, 330 mil occupants and millions more wanting access. It's arguably the most advanced society on the planet, the rest of us follow what we learn from it, particularly in the anglosphere. There's an internet news report of a 22 year old male of one heritage killing a 26 year old female of another, post abortion. That's nowhere near enough to condemn a whole society.

How is it arguably the most advanced society on the planet?

Bloods86

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Adelaide United, Everton, Socceroos
All the freedoms, the best and biggest guns, and an economic superpower that definitely didn't exploit, exterminate or enslave to get there.

I say this, having been travelling the South over the last few weeks. Visiting the US is great, some fantastic food, scenery, wildlife, some of their cities have a lot of character, some friendly people (some of whom are dismayed at the direction of their country). But I'll still live in Australia (or a bunch of other places) before moving there.

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC

As a developed nation it's probably closer to a third world country than the other developed nations

Go to a place like Japan and you realise just how behind America is in infrastructure, they are decades behind

Only Americans with their heads stuck up their own asses think their own country's great

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
No they don’t, they mouth off mindless, anti American, slogans.

Do they?

Season 9 Ok GIF by The Office

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
As a developed nation it's probably closer to a third world country than the other developed nations

Go to a place like Japan and you realise just how behind America is in infrastructure, they are decades behind

Only Americans with their heads stuck up their own asses think their own country's great

Yeah, I am fortunate to be pretty well traveled. I have been through the US extensively as well as having lived and worked in Europe. I have a brother who is based in Seoul as get there a bit as well. As you say, the US is great fun but as an advanced civilisation, they're kidding themselves and conning the ignorant along the way.

There is very little that the US does these days that other places do not do better. And in many cases, light years better. South Korea, Japan, Scandinavia, China, Germany, etc are all so far in advance of the US that the US will never catch up. Add to that the fact that the US lags miles behind the first world with respect to race and gender equality and human rights.

Jeff Daniels said it best in The Newsroom.

Last edited:

D Mitchell

Premiership Player
Jul 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club
Yeah, I am fortunate to be pretty well traveled. I have been through the US extensively as well as having lived and worked in Europe. I have a brother who is based in Seoul as get there a bit as well. As you say, the US is great fun but as an advanced civilisation, they're kidding themselves and conning the ignorant along the way.

There is very little that the US does these days that other places do not do better. And in many cases, light years better. South Korea, Japan, Scandinavia, China, Germany, etc are all so far in advance of the US that the US will never catch up. Add to that the fact that the US lags miles behind the first world with respect to race and gender equality and human rights.

Jeff Daniels said it best in The Newsroom.

Film, music (popular),pop culture, quality of Universities, self-sufficiency, military, technology, freedom of expression, certainly gender equality, probably race equality. The US is not only the World Leader but sets the benchmark and its culture dominates the World. No country is perfect. I can't see how any of South Korea, Japan, Scandinavia, China, Germany can be reasonably to surpass the US in any of the fields I've mentioned. I've never seen that clip before. I found the expression of what the speaker (Daniels ?) saw the US as having been, moving. That's the way the US still essentially is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Film, music (popular),pop culture, quality of Universities, self-sufficiency, military, technology, freedom of expression, certainly gender equality, probably race equality. The US is not only the World Leader but sets the benchmark and its culture dominates the World. No country is perfect. I can't see how any of South Korea, Japan, Scandinavia, China, Germany can be reasonably to surpass the US in any of the fields I've mentioned. I've never seen that clip before. I found the expression of what the speaker (Daniels ?) saw the US as having been, moving. That's the way the US still essentially is.

checks thread.

lol.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

The most delusional post in the history of this great site.

D Mitchell

Premiership Player
Jul 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club
The most delusional post in the history of this great site.
You can, surely, do better than that, can ye not ?
Do I need to be clearer? You’re in a thread on women’s rights being removed and think US is a leader on gender equality? So yeah, lol.
You do, absolutely, have to be clearer. Of course, if all you want is blokes pissing in your pocket, don't bother.

You can, surely, do better than that, can ye not ?

You do, absolutely, have to be clearer. Of course, if all you want is blokes pissing in your pocket, don't bother.

Ok cool. Except you haven’t actually said anything.

Bloods86

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Adelaide United, Everton, Socceroos
I rely on Post 1,460. Why don't you lefties look at the argument instead of merely deriding the other bloke ?
Because you're not making an argument, you're just stating that the US is the best or most influential (not the same thing), without peers, in a host of areas, without basis.

I'll give you their military, for now. Although given the amount of spending that goes into it, versus domestic programs in desperate need (including the VA), I don't think it's the win some people think it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back