Society/Culture Reproductive Rights: Roe vs Wade, abortion, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

How could you force me into that if I am pro choice, that choice being solely the woman’s right to make medical decisions for herself?
Because regardless of being pro choice or not that abuse is possible, and I could argue that an abortion ban would take that form of abuse off the table and you must therefore be okay with that abuse. But I wouldn’t argue that, because it’d be silly, just like you indirectly accusing me of being pro abuse.

How could you force me into that if I am pro choice, that choice being solely the woman’s right to make medical decisions for herself?

you do realise that’s reality for a lot of women, right?

And that women who do not proceed with an abortion stay in that abusive relationship for longer than those who do obtain an abortion.
There are 100,000 abortions per year in Australia. As you are an expert on family affairs would you like to advise how many of those abortions are due abusive husbands. 1,000 , 2000, 90,000? How many are economic, how many are due to a catholic woman having an affair.?

love happens. If a women feels betrayed due to her religious or other factors why should the child die? Its not the Childs fault. That child has the right to experience life. Being pregnant should not be a death sentence.

My man.

There are abortions happening right this second. Women exercising their choice.

And you can’t do a ******* thing about it .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What the ruling means is that US states are returned the power to legislate on abortion without challenge through constitutional protection. Roe found that the Constitution implicitly conferred a right to obtain an abortion, but it failed to ground its decision in text, history, or precedent. It relied on an erroneous historical narrative; it devoted great attention to and presumably relied on matters that have no bearing on the meaning of the Constitution; it disregarded the fundamental difference between the precedents on which it relied and the question before the Court; it concocted an elaborate set of rules, with different restrictions for each trimester of pregnancy, but it did not explain how this veritable code could be teased out of anything in the Constitution, the history of abortion laws, prior precedent, or any other cited source; and its most important rule (that States cannot protect fetal life prior to “viability”) was never raised by any party and has never been plausibly explained. Roe’s reasoning quickly drew scathing scholarly criticism, even from supporters of broad access to abortion.

I still don’t agree that the state should have the right to determine such a decision with impunity because how do you explain to the family of a 12 year old girl, raped by a family member and falling pregnant, that they cannot terminate the pregnancy.

There are 100,000 abortions per year in Australia. As you are an expert on family affairs would you like to advise how many of those abortions are due abusive husbands. 1,000 , 2000, 90,000? How many are economic, how many are due to a catholic woman having an affair.?
None of your business again. I don't know who you think you are. Big man in charge of women's bodies.

Are you going to throw a party when the first black women dies from a backyard abortion.
That would be a victory for you wouldn't it?
More concerned about black babies being aborted at a much higher rate than any other race.

And some real privileged (racist in fact, given the demographic most impacted) arguments here about, well, the kid may not grow up to have the best life so, better off dead really.....

Ah well, good to see insurrection is acceptable again and how this decision has got people finally admitting that 'only women have babies'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about the poor life that is being slaughtered? Is it their business? What if someone wanted to do any crime to another and a third party says “It’s none of your*****business why”.
Not a life until 24 weeks
That’s how it is in Victoria Australia and people are happy.

The notion that woman can't do what they want with thier bodies is absurd. A woman can get tattoos, piercings, sleep with anyone they want wear any clothes they wish. Just when you have another human life inside you dont murder it.
So... on a key fundamental, you're advocating that they can't have control over their own bodies?

The Pill was introduced to Ausrralia in 1966. It was hailed as an emancipation for Australian women. No longer the catholic rhythm method or back yard abortions. Australian women were to be educated in this momentous change in human reproduction. Only the truly bad pregnancies, rape, economic situations and medical diagnoses would remain to be aborted. We have 100, 000 abortions a year, we import people at great financial and social cost because our population growth has become unsustainable. We have dropped the ball . We need to care for our own, love our offspring who are our future.
So what you are saying is maybe we need a more universal contraception then those wanting a child could take a negating agent? This would be good but I don’t think the technology exists.

It is not proper to conflate abortion in the USA with Australian morality. Abortion in Australia is far more individual based whereas in the USA it is a franchise equal to any fast food chain. It is on an industrial scale with the byproducts making large capital gains for the companies involved. No one wins from this. We need to some how work towards reducing abortions which must be beneficial mentally and physically to the mothers and future offspring. Surely, that's not a bad thing to aspire to?
Think you have fabricated or been misled that it is “industrial “

Edit and big part of being on Australian SRP is bagging the crap out of dumb* yanks. If you can’t take it maybe go visit a USA based board?

I think you should be banned for supporting the human rights abuse ofmaking abortion a crime.
Do you want to put the doctor in jail who does the abortion?
Are you a trump supporter?

Like most things, Trump couldn't give a rats about abortion or anything that doesn't entail him grifting money off some poor shmuck, or having brainless people give him brainless adulation all day, every day.

Trumps SCOTUS appointments were all about gaining conservative votes. He couldn't care less if women die as a result.

The US is rapidly becoming a nation of brutal intolerance, & at the same time ultra religious, like a modern Holly Roman Empire of sorts.

Using your logic why do care of someone drinks 10 beers then drives a car. What's it your business?
I'm atheist so don't believe nonsense of Adams Rib.
All I am saying woman can do anything they won't as long they don't end another life. A fetus is a human being.

And until you have ovaries and an uterus you have no right to dictate what any female does with her body - any more than I would do to you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back