Society/Culture Reproductive Rights: Roe vs Wade, abortion, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you support someone who is terminal having the right to choose the time and manner of their death?
With reasonable restrictions I.e., to prove they are not being coerced by a family member, are of sound mind etc, yes. I also support the choice of turning off life support for someone who is braindead and never will be sentient.

You’re overthinking it. Here’s my “ideology”:
Killing humans, including unconscious or otherwise not-sentient ones = bad in nearly all circumstances.
Killing animals for food, humanely = okay.
Sounds like you're more going off the vibes that killing a human is bad while killing an animal is okay, which is cool but that's hardly something to base laws around.

With reasonable restrictions I.e., to prove they are not being coerced by a family member, are of sound mind etc, yes. I also support the choice of turning off life support for someone who is braindead and never will be sentient.
Cool and now my other question.
Would you be the one getting pregnant or the one controlling your partner's body and telling them to suck it up?

Who says I view sentience as a significant factor?

I also support the choice of turning off life support for someone who is braindead and never will be sentient.

Pondering Season 9 GIF by The Office

So every person who has sex ends up with a partner who has an unwanted pregnancy. K.
Not what I asked is it.
If you believe that anyone who gets pregnant from consensual sex must have the baby then the question is, are you the one who must have the baby or the partner of the one who must have the baby

Not what I asked is it.
If you believe that anyone who gets pregnant from consensual sex must have the baby then the question is, are you the one who must have the baby or the partner of the one who must have the baby
If* this is a really long and dopey way of asking me if I am male, then yes.

If* this is a really long and dopey way of asking me if I am male, then yes.
So you liketto control your partner's body. Got it

What do you mean by this? This is where the pro life argument gets really weird and superstitious IMO.
There are three stages of prenatal development, those being germinal, embryonic, and fetal.

A fetus is not a baby or child. Abortion isn't murder. Pro-lifers often mislabel a zygote or embryo as a baby to elicit emotional responses and make false accusations of murder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t honestly say I have never done it in a situation where the pregnancy would be so disruptive it would warrant killing a baby.
See, this is what I mean. If an accident happens and the female takes a morning after pill or has an abortion, she's not killing a baby.

The other consideration for you, as a pro-life male, is that you may not have a say in your partner choosing to have an abortion. A friend of my wife had an abortion without telling her husband.

I think for the majority of unwanted teen pregnancies, having and keeping the baby would be extremely challenging, and they would be having to constantly call in favours from friends and family, and relying on welfare. But they would eventually weather that storm - this situation of their own creation is survivable. Others have no money and no support. Would you not agree that these people should not be taking the risk? After all, they KNOW the risk. Nobody at high school age gets to play dumb.
I don’t view the arrival of the child as their rightful punishment or anything like that - it is more often the pro-choice view that a child is a punishment or a bad thing. I just don’t think unborn babies should be punished for the mistakes of others.

Okay, I'll pull you up on this when you consider sex education in US schools ...

Firstly: A recent ATTN: video explored this idea and found that only 22 states require sex education in public schools. By contrast, most European countries make sex education mandatory. The U.S. continues to struggle with mandating sex education across all states Sex Ed in Europe Is Exactly the Opposite of What You Got in America

Secondly: European countries have significantly lower incidences of teen pregnancy, births, abortions, and sexually transmitted infections (STIs). To determine why some countries have so much better success helping adolescents develop into sexually healthy adults, Advocates for Youth and the University of North Carolina developed a European study tour on adolescent sexual behavior and responsibility during summer 1998. The specific goal was to explore which factors contribute to better sexual health among adolescents in the Netherlands, Germany, and France. The differences between countries are exemplified in the recent age-specific birth data; for every 1000 girls aged 15-19 years, the birth rate is 64 in the US, 13 in Germany, 9 in France, and 7 in the Netherlands

The sad fact is most conservatives in America couldn’t give a s**t about sex education, parental support or any of the other issues tangential to this. They just want their win in the culture wars.

There are three stages of prenatal development, those being germinal, embryonic, and fetal.

A fetus is not a baby or child. Abortion isn't murder. Pro-lifers often mislabel a zygote or embryo as a baby to elicit emotional responses and make false accusations of murder.
And this is where the pro choicers sheepishly hide behind terminologies to obscure the true nature of abortion, and asset that they have science in their corner. Yes there are different stages of development, but are they really different things? If you look at an ultrasound of your kid at 10w gestation, and then look across the table at your now-two-year-old toddler, you are inescapably looking at the very same thing. So use of these terms is just all part of the same cutesy innuendo and denial.
Edit: I must add that I don’t think killing a 9w fetus and 2yo child are remotely comparable

Secondly: European countries have significantly lower incidences of teen pregnancy, births, abortions, and sexually transmitted infections (STIs). To determine why some countries have so much better success helping adolescents develop into sexually healthy adults
The broken American system suits a certain type of person who gets to sit at the top telling everyone why they are personally at fault and there can not possibly be any such thing systemic racism or sexism or classism. It's always you, never the system. The system is right. We run the system.

And this is where the pro choicers sheepishly hide behind terminologies to obscure the true nature of abortion, and asset that they have science in their corner. Yes there are different stages of development, but are they really different things? If you look at an ultrasound of your kid at 10w gestation, and then look across the table at your now-two-year-old toddler, you are inescapably looking at the very same thing. So use of these terms is just all part of the same cutesy innuendo and denial.
Edit: I must add that I don’t think killing a 9w fetus and 2yo child are remotely comparable
None of the creepy, rape apologist forced birth males ever extend their thought process to restrict ejaculation for males. No, the 'development' only starts when they can control and legislate women's bodies.

None of the creepy, rape apologist forced birth males ever extend their thought process to restrict ejaculation for males. No, the 'development' only starts when they can control and legislate women's bodies.
Cool, except I have said that people, including men, shouldn’t take dumb risks that result in unwanted pregnancies.

Seriously can you just pipe down or spew this bilge somewhere else until you can calm down and start following the conversation?

I read this in an article:

167 million women are having to abide by what five men and one woman (her family worth 20 million so can afford many children), who are obviously cleaving to the narrowness of their religious beliefs that lead them to conclude Roe is wrong. Over 65 percent of the country believes that a woman has a right to choose and to privacy in deciding what happens to her body; whether to have an abortion or not. This decision makes women second class citizens again.

Sad day for America’s women and for the men who love them.

Is your position that all termination of pregnancy is wrong, even zygotes?

This is a picture of a zygote:

zygote.jpg

Cool, except I have said that people, including men, shouldn’t take dumb risks that result in unwanted pregnancies.

Seriously can you just pipe down or spew this bilge somewhere else until you can calm down and start following the conversation?
You really are a ******* creep.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back