Roger Federer is not the GOAT

May 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Simple really because they have more grand slams than Fedex :p

It's a valid argument because it's the truth!
Yet you also try to manufacturer arguments for other male players being better than Federer despite winning fewer Grand Slams. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Your twisted bitterness and jealously of the great Roger Federer has blinded you of being objective.

Yet you also try to manufacturer arguments for other male players being better than Federer despite winning fewer Grand Slams. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Your twisted bitterness and jealously of the great Roger Federer has blinded you of being objective.

Not bitter or jealous

The simple fact is he's not the tennis goat because he isn't leading the grand slam count

AlwaysHawks15

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The guy is a freak but tbh he isnt playing at peak fed level atm yet most of the opposition just have no answers and no real idea how to beat him. Mentally there also pygmies, go behind and fly the white flag. Your never beating the greatest front runner ever with those attributes.

Flameboy

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
Not that I in any way shape or form agree with what Xtreme is saying, but a rivalry built over a decade comprising 40+ matches and many Slam finals holds far more significance than the above^ examples. They're frivolous comparisons.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Take out nadals French open titles he only has 6 grand slams
Why would you ignore one Grand Slam?

Imagine if two of the Slams were played on clay instead of one.
Why do we have to start "imagining" anything?

Imaging we only played on clay. Imagine we only played on grass. Imagine you got extra points for hitting it between your legs. What are you talking about?

Why not simply look at players' records as they stand? That's the reality of what's happened and that's what counts.

Last edited:

Leeda

Talents B Sharp
Suspended
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I get a tad board with his winning everything but I admire his overall achievement.. but seriously can't someone else win
without him..

the guy is just too nice and too slick and talented and well I guess I should just talk him up like I do because he is a Leeda... :D

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
The guy is a freak but tbh he isnt playing at peak fed level atm yet most of the opposition just have no answers and no real idea how to beat him. Mentally there also pygmies, go behind and fly the white flag. Your never beating the greatest front runner ever with those attributes.
Don't be silly.

He's winning because the game has changed and 36-year-olds now have all the advantages. It can't possibly be because players 10 years younger have failed to launch. The game has changed. That explains everything. Just ask Nadal, Murray and Djokovic about how much easier it gets to play 25 tournaments each year after you turn 30. The game has changed and players who are 30+ have all the advantages now. Right, The City Boyz and Belnakor and Demosthenes?

This could be the biopic for Dimitrov or Nishikori or Raonic:

MV5BMTg0OTc2MDQ3NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDUwMjEzMw@@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Leeda

Talents B Sharp
Suspended
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He went four-and-a-half years without winning a major.
ok I am feeling very silly about this but the point is that time goes so quickly that it appears that he has done it all..
but the other point is that he made the semis or the quarters or even the lesser rounds.. time is fleeting and grabs you by the hand and
tells you where to go and even if he never won majors he would have done a great deal to maintain his standing in the whole scenario..

Flameboy

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
Why would you ignore one Grand Slam?

Why do we have to start "imagining" anything?

Imaging we only played on clay. Imagine we only played on grass. Imagine you got extra points for hitting it between your legs. What are you talking about?

Why not simply look at players' records as they stand? That's the reality of what's happened and that's what counts.
That was the whole point of my post ya bellend. It's pointless to say things like 'taking out the French Open...' etc.

Wouldn't have thought that needed explaining but ah well.

Back