Roger Federer is not the GOAT

Turns out that I'm not the only one with the same view :p
Serena herself doesn't hold the same view:

Here she admits she'd be thrashed by Andy Murray 6-0 6-0 in 5-10 mins, that men's tennis is a completely different game and it would be embarrassing if she played in it.

Munich

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
BVB, LVP
Serena herself doesn't hold the same view:

Here she admits she'd be thrashed by Andy Murray 6-0 6-0 in 5-10 mins, that men's tennis is a completely different game and it would be embarrassing if she played in it.

She played a guy who was ranked outside the top 200 and could hardly get a ball back.

She's the GOAT of the WTA but there's no such thing as being GOAT of both associations. Utter ridiculousness.

Munich

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
BVB, LVP
Dimitrov for eg is smack bang in the middle of his peak, he shouldnt be getting shoved aside with ease if he is a genuine grand slam winner by fed like the other day. Thats the issue, players who are being talked about as contenders are nowhere near it while federer is around.

What bollocks. Federer is not Dimitrov's greatest obstacle. Dimitrov is his own worst enemy.

Fedski is beatable, Delpo troubles him and Raonic has beaten him at Wimbledon, shock horror. As has Berdych.

Wake me up when he gets 24-25

Until then he has achieved nothing
It always puzzles me when talking "greatest of all time" people don't include doubles records. Wouldn't the greatest of all time be able to do it over both disciplines? Or in the case of mixed all 3?

It's disappointing that doubles tennis appears to have fallen by the wayside.

I guess because Tennis is an individual game. So calling someone the GOAT means a lot because it's all on the one player.
It's only an individual game in one of the two disciplines though. Doubles is the other discipline and it's a team game.

Don't worry about me ;) I've always been frustrated doubles is seen as the "lesser" discipline.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
It's only an individual game in one of the two disciplines though. Doubles is the other discipline and it's a team game.

Don't worry about me ;) I've always been frustrated doubles is seen as the "lesser" discipline.
Well yeah but you cant bring doubles action into the discussion of the GOAT because it's a team game. I mean if Federer played doubles and his partner donks an easy volley into the net to lose the Wimbledon final, how is that Fed's fault. Or if he played with some scrub in doubles but he's so good they win anyways, does the scrub's standing in the game suddenly go up cos he is winning a lot of doubles tourneys.

Know what I mean.

Well yeah but you cant bring doubles action into the discussion of the GOAT because it's a team game. I mean if Federer played doubles and his partner donks an easy volley into the net to lose the Wimbledon final, how is that Fed's fault. Or if he played with some scrub in doubles but he's so good they win anyways, does the scrub's standing in the game suddenly go up cos he is winning a lot of doubles tourneys.

Know what I mean.
That is true.

Should we modify it to goat singles player?

:p

Jun 24, 2009
In your dreams
AFL Club
West Coast
Back