Solved Roger Rogerson * DIED

Remove this Banner Ad

Boggles the mind to think of the rampant police corruption that goes on in this country. How on earth has it got to this point?

Because usually - not always - there's corrupt politicians protecting them.

Because usually - not always - there's corrupt politicians protecting them.
Boggles the mind to think of the rampant police corruption that goes on in this country. How on earth has it got to this point?
We imported corruption and crime to this country from day 1.
Its been here and has bubbled along for all that time.
Funny in greece payoffs and corruption are part of the lifestyle and they shrug there shoulders and accept it in society.Yet here we moan about something we imported and left alone,just because its secreted away doesnt mean the systems not working properly.

They haven't been caught per se, yet to face trial.

But it would appear the coppers were onto them for a while, they seem to know all the details.

Looks to me like Gao was in above his head and probably didn't appreciate just what deadly people he was dealing with - Rogerson is known to have killed Warren LanFranchie in cold blood and I suspect he wasn't the only one.

Rogerson and the other bloke probably saw a smartmouth Asian kid with a few mil worth if ice ans thought, hello, here's our super payment, we'll just take it off him and chuck him in the sea like we used to.

Times have changed though.

you might be right

I caught up with a former NCA officer last weekend and said in a very careful way "It wouldn't surprise me if he had killed "quite a few" people before" and "everyone knew but couldn't quite pin him"

you might be right

I caught up with a former NCA officer last weekend and said in a very careful way "It wouldn't surprise me if he had killed "quite a few" people before" and "everyone knew but couldn't quite pin him"

Certainly Blue Murder - based on the SMH journos very informed account - suggests he either personally or ordered the killings of a number of people. Including Chris "Rentakill" Flannery.

Looks like the Dodger is getting closer to his day of reckoning.All the cctv footage showed at his trial doesn't leave him and McNamara much wriggle room. They are both blaming each other,so I wouldn't be surprised to see McNamara get pinged as the shooter.

McNamara definitely is the shooter.

Rog will go for an accessory after the fact, he's pretty much resigned to that.

25 years on the top for that and he's expecting 10 years, and dying in a jail cell on a prison farm, most probably Musselbrook.

Not really remorseful. I've seen him more sorry for other things he's done, but the thing that hurts him the most is his daughters have cut all contact with him. I guess they finally had enough.

Began as a convict society.

The dodger's day of reckoning is getting closer.The crown have finished their final submission and his lawyer should be done today,then I suppose we get McNamara's final spiel.Did lol at dodger's lawyer saying "He lied to witnesses but not to the jury" line the other day.

It's an occupational / industrial issue rather than one dictated by the country. Police corruption is rampant worldwide and has been since the dawn of time.

The position simply offers regular chances for personal gain and humans being humans, will take that up.

The fact that their "victims" (in this country at least) are largely criminals anyway also helps. People don't care.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Former police detectives Roger Rogerson and Glen McNamara have been found guilty of murdering Sydney man Jamie Gao during a drug deal.

Rogerson, 75, and co-accused McNamara, 57, had pleaded not guilty to murdering Gao at a Padstow storage facility on May 20, 2014, and dumping his body in waters off Cronulla the next day.

The pair were accused of being involved in the planning and carrying out of the shooting death of 20-year-old Gao during a drug deal.

Both men denied pulling the trigger and instead pointed the blame at each other.

McNamara's defence told the trial it was Rogerson who shot and killed Gao before threatening McNamara and his family, forcing him to help dispose of the body.

Rogerson claimed the 20-year-old was killed during a struggle with McNamara and the student was dead on the floor when he entered the shed.

Prosecutors told the court the crown did not have to prove which of the defendants killed Gao, but that there was an agreement to kill or seriously injure the victim.

There was little reaction from either of the men when the verdict was handed down.

The judge then told the jurors the community owed them a great debt for serving a long and complicated trial.

He excused them from ever serving again due to the lengthy nature of the trial.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-15/jamie-gao-murder-trial-roger-rogerson-glen-mcnamara/7466068

7327884-3x2-940x627.jpg

never understood the glamorisation of roger rogerson over the years.

my old man - the most straight laced bloke you'll meet - always laughs when talking about the old stories you used to read and throws out "they don't make em like they used to" line... what the ****? the guy is a killer but somehow gets a free pass cause he's a cop. **** that s**t.

the guy is a cop to begin with, and despite have a couple of mates in the force, i'm fairly anti-police but that's just me... but beyond that he's the worst type of cop there is, using his position to advantage like the slimy prick he is.

should have been put out to pasture with a bullet many decades ago.

and the fact alan jones launched his book a few years ago tell you all you need to know about jones that old ****.
Thoughts haven't changed one bit. Hope he rots in jail.

Give me Chopper Read or any of that ilk any day of the week. At least they had some balls and didn't hide behind a badge. If you're gonna be a crook then just be a ******* crook.

Stick a fork in Rog. He's done.

Weird. Wasn't McNamara one of the undercover cops behind one of the Underbelly tele movies? Didn't he fight against corruption? Lose his career because he stood against the institutionalised take of the NSW force? Seems very odd he would team with Rogerson to murder some obscure ice dealer no one had heard of.

Weird. Wasn't McNamara one of the undercover cops behind one of the Underbelly tele movies? Didn't he fight against corruption? Lose his career because he stood against the institutionalised take of the NSW force? Seems very odd he would team with Rogerson to murder some obscure ice dealer no one had heard of.

7.30 just ran the story, which is absolutely unbelievable. They were in cahoots for several years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back