Movie Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - Spoilers and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

I can only buy that if only the prequels existed, which painted Anakin as nothing but a teen emo.
But taking in the Anakin of TCW, don't buy it whatsoever.
Only something that the Jedi Council itself did to hurt Anakin somehow (padme/shme) would i buy him turning utterly against them.
And in the process, making his conversion to the dark side "regal" and "logical".

I haven't watched much of TCW, but a feel like that wasn't an overly accurate depiction. I don't think his temper was accurately portrayed properly. He's supposed to be prone to outbursts like his grandson, Kylo.

I haven't watched much of TCW, but a feel like that wasn't an overly accurate depiction. I don't think his temper was accurately portrayed properly. He's supposed to be prone to outbursts like his grandson, Kylo.
He has outbursts, plenty, in TCW.
I highly recommend watching all six seasons. They get better and better as the seasons go on.

Nothing to do with Rogue One, but there isn't an all-purpose Star Wars thread on here for all other things. Perhaps there should be.

At Star Wars Celebration....

Ahsoka’s Untold Tales

• Add to shortlist

July 15, 2016, 11:00 - 12:00

Galaxy Stage (Door N17)

Join The Clone Wars and Rebels Supervising Director Dave Filoni, actress Ashley Eckstein (voice of Ahsoka Tano) and Lucasfilm Story Group’s Pablo Hidalgo to discuss untold tales of Ahsoka’s past, from her discovery by the Jedi Order as a young child, to her adventures in unproduced episodes of The Clone Wars, to the chapters of her life newly revealed in the Ahsoka novel and more!

Rebels (TV Show) and Vader (Comic Series) have or will start intertwining some of Rogue One into the dialogue and plot. Vader (in issue #21) came across a scientist working on the SSD Executor, who was also on the DSI project team.

Kyber crystals, Lothal, Sith Temples and Tarkin Initiative are being threaded into an overarching tapestry of what it took to build DSI and it's primary weapon array. Also, it lead to further research - scientific approach to the Force and potential weapon systems and personal power enhancements. Maybe this will relate to how Snoke came about.

Regarding Rogue One, I'm thinking there could be a Dr. Cylo cameo with Mads working under him. It's exciting to see how this all links together. There is a massive story behind the construction of the biggest mass murdering weapon ever fictionally created.

Vader and Tarkin deserve their respective cameos/roles in this... DSI cannot be portrayed without the involvement of those two in their "menacing prime".

Also, has it ever been explained why Vader never sensed Leia's powers or the fact she was his daughter? He knew Luke was his son and supposedly Leia had the same midichlorian count as him...

However, I'm really here to post some photos. Not really spoilers, but some people are fussy.

deathtrooperfire.jpg

Deathtrooper

chirrutimweweapon.jpg

Chirrut Imwe

cassianandorrebels.jpg

Captain Cassian Andor

bazemalbuscrouch.jpg

Baze Malbus

jynandandor.jpg

Jyn Erso and Captain Andor

" Black hood, black cloak. This one doesn’t have a mask, though. A lot of these acolyte freaks, they put together these masks- hammering together plastoid, metal, wood, goggles, ventilators, whatever – and wear them as they harangue the locals.’ "
^
a bit from Life Debt
yes, this is way after when this movie is happening, but is it possible we could see an Acolyte of the Beyond feature in this?

I'm still not sure that we don't see Palpatine in the movie. Think if he is in it, they would try to keep his appearance in it secret until release.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, that poster is probably the best representation of the size of the Death Star yet. Imagine seeing that hovering over your planet like that...

Wow, that poster is probably the best representation of the size of the Death Star yet. Imagine seeing that hovering over your planet like that...
Yep. It's intimidation at its finest. People of the planet would be screaming and running around. Death imminent...in such an otherwise beautiful idyllic setting. Also, the great thing about that poster is the less is more approach. Hated the TFA poster, just slapping every imaginable character into a frame. Whereas this paints a picture and tells a story.

Yep. It's intimidation at its finest. People of the planet would be screaming and running around. Death imminent...in such an otherwise beautiful idyllic setting. Also, the great thing about that poster is the less is more approach. Hated the TFA poster, just slapping every imaginable character into a frame. Whereas this paints a picture and tells a story.

Disagree completely, Star Wars posters have always been about that collage style from day dot.

t_90983.jpg

Disagree completely, Star Wars posters have always been about that collage style from day dot.

t_90983.jpg
I dont like the collage posters is what im saying. Like the rogue style better. telling a story in a "less is more" aesthetic. the collage has its own emphasis, bringing "characters" to the fore, rather than telling a story.

it's kinda like album covers....you have the faces of the musicians on the cover type, and the abstract picture or artwork type of cover.

I dont like the collage posters is what im saying. Like the rogue style better. telling a story in a "less is more" aesthetic. the collage has its own emphasis, bringing "characters" to the fore, rather than telling a story.

it's kinda like album covers....you have the faces of the musicians on the cover type, and the abstract picture or artwork type of cover.

That is fine, you can not like them, but they are a part of Star Wars. To not want to see them would be to not want to see an X-Wing or a Stormtrooper, or something else that is part of Star Wars.

I'm ok with it outside the central saga though, which is what this film is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back