Movie Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - Spoilers and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

Ties launch from inside star destroyers, with presumably an atmosphere for the workers in the hangars.
X-wings launch from the ground base on Yavin 4. Rebel ships launch from the ground base on Hoth. Presumably they can all land too. Where's the inconsistency? Just because we haven't seen it before, doesn't mean it can't happen.

What's the issues with Starkiller, Rey and the bowcaster?
And you see tie fighters, in episode five, in the hangers. I assume Starcraft all have anti-atmosphere shielding or armour

It isn't that they can't, it is that is was never practical given they travel at immense space fairing speeds unsuitable for ground support.

I'm not going over Starkiller for everyone's benefit, including my own, and Rey can wait til I'm on a proper keyboard.

The bowcaster never done that style damage before.

Sent from mTalk
Sublight engines? I don't get why this is such a big deal? We know that the ships can take off and land in the atmosphere of planets. Presumably they can maneuver and travel at different speeds too? Just because we don't see it doesn't mean that it can't happen.
A race car is purpose built to travel at fast speeds around a purpose built track. That doesn't mean that it can't travel at low speeds on public roads if need be.
The bowcaster? I can't specifically remember seeing the damage that it causes in earlier movies but how long has it been since we've seen it in action? Is it not at all possible that Chewy did some modifications and upgrades to it? Or that it had different settings that we simply don't know about?
The answers don't need to be that hard.

Then fair enough.

Jedi is a religion effectively and the movies are full of subtle and not-so-subtle religious overtones. That bit was all about faith in the force. Again, no problem with that and easy to reconcile.

I agree and disagree that Jedi is a religion. I see religion as a faith that you can never prove. The Jedi's beliefs about the force are proven at least in the sense they can produce some evidence that aligns to their understanding of the force.

They can also demonstrate some beliefs, such as anger does lead to hate and hate does lead to suffering. The incorrect (religious part) is the made up idea that a Jedi should therefore avoid things that draw out their anger. Their application of rules and doctrine is the religious part, but is that any different to cultural or societal rules? E.g. Polygamy leads to jealousy, jealousy leads to conflict, conflict leads to suffering. Same thing really.

Finished watching this again today.

What a magnificent, fantastic, film. I can only find three flaws.

Vader's helmet.
The Star Destroyers look too white.
Jyn and Cassian taking their time to change out of their disguises before climbing the thing. What are they, scarred St Kilda fans who don't want to have their moment of glory in the others mobs uniform?

Sent from mTalk

Awesome Star Wars movie, I remember a few posters in here complain about Donnie Yen's character and him being able to take out a TIE with his crossbow blaster, I personally didn't have any issues with his character
There always has to be (unfortunately) some cringeworthy moment in a Star Wars movie, and make no mistake that WAS cringeworthy. But R1, yeah, no doubt, is a film that ranks among the best 3 or 4 SW ever made.

Awesome Star Wars movie, I remember a few posters in here complain about Donnie Yen's character and him being able to take out a TIE with his crossbow blaster, I personally didn't have any issues with his character

Taking out the tie fighter was a cool looking spectacle, but I remember I was a bit annoyed with how easily he took down the stormtroopers. He killed them (judging from the fact they couldn’t get up) with his staff, which I thought is a stretch.

They have armour on, surely they can get up. But it wasn’t a criticism at Donnie Yen’s character as such, I liked him. I have the same criticism for Ewoks killing troopers with bows and arrows.

There always has to be (unfortunately) some cringeworthy moment in a Star Wars movie, and make no mistake that WAS cringeworthy. But R1, yeah, no doubt, is a film that ranks among the best 3 or 4 SW ever made.
Ewoks fighting the Empire was by far the most cringeworthy moment in SW history

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ewoks fighting the Empire was by far the most cringeworthy moment in SW history

It's why I have RotJ dead last in my own list of favourite Star Wars movies. Them poor stormies, getting beaten to a pulp by teddy bears. They're not even drop bears, like what we got in Australia that makes tourists disappear every summer. Just... teddy bears.

It's plain wrong.

Finished watching this again today.

What a magnificent, fantastic, film. I can only find three flaws.

Vader's helmet.
The Star Destroyers look too white.
Jyn and Cassian taking their time to change out of their disguises before climbing the thing. What are they, scarred St Kilda fans who don't want to have their moment of glory in the others mobs uniform?

Sent from mTalk
Definitely the best since the OT by a mile

Definitely the best since the OT by a mile
Really?
Well the last 3 made have been total crap. If they ever get Obi Wan off the drawing board, that could be interesting. Any excuse to get Samuel L Jackson back on screen!!!! A Jedi with attitude.

It COULD have worked if we seen more of the Rebel force, but it was literally just the ewoks + Han, Leia, Chewie.

That’s true.

I did however like the little touches, such as using logs etc to take down walkers. At least that was plausible.

Where it got a bit ridiculous was their bows and arrows piercing (and assumingly, killing) stormtroopers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back