Delisted Rohan Bewick (2010-2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

"Just a big thanks to the fans who have all stuck around and supported me throughout my career so far. Your support doesn't go unnoticed and I really appreciate it. Thank you."
- Rohan Bewick

I really get the impression that Bewick is exactly the sort of bloke we need around the club at the moment. Let's hope he has a great game today and continues to realise his obvious potential. I get the sense that he is the sort of player who is much better off under a coach like Fagan.

When I watched that, it was if he was personally thanking you 3KZ is Football :thumbsu:
I think you might be right. He probably feels like he let me down. I'll get in touch and tell him all is forgiven. Next great game is just around the corner.

Bewick uncharacteristically stunk it up on Saturday. He is depth at best and hopefully he will get overtaken next year by youngsters + the return of Bundy/Robbo

I thing consistency is his biggest problem. His best is good enough but he just doesn't perform often enough to be much more than depth.

In a series of events for those who fancy their trivia, it would then be the oldest player on ground – 27-year-old 100-game AFL player Rowan Bewick – who claimed the second major of the afternoon when he nailed a set shot from the 50m arc two minutes later.

Bewick was everywhere to be seen in the opening term, racking up 16 disposals before Brisbane took a 14-point lead into quarter-time.

Rohan...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Player Reviews
#8. Rohan Bewick

Rohan Bewick celebrated a significant milestone during the Round 16 match against Geelong, having played 100 games of AFL.

It was his efforts one week earlier which had spectators impressed when the hard-running player secured three goals to help bring home a nail-biting 8-point victory over Essendon.

Bewick struggled to demonstrate consistency in the Senior side and consequently spent time playing between both the Senior and NEAFL side. Nonetheless, he finished the 2017 season on a high, playing in the NEAFL Grand Final and securing the Premiership victory.

As the 2018 season approaches, the Lions look forward to seeing Bewick excel in the new year.

Senior matches: 8, NEAFL matches: 12

The Brisbane Lions have advised five players that they will not be offered a playing contract for the 2019 AFL season.

Rohan Bewick, Claye Beams, Tom Bell, Marco Paparone and Jake Barrett were informed by Lions Football staff earlier this morning.

General Manager of Football David Noble paid tribute to the players’ commitment during their time at the Lions.

“All have contributed to the growth and improvement of our Club both on and off the field,” Noble said.

“It is unfortunate to let great men go. We wish them well for what lies ahead in their future.

“The Club will continue to provide support and direction for the players in this transitional phase.”

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2018-09-06/lions-delist-five

Remove this Banner Ad

Back